New Ford Police Interceptors | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New Ford Police Interceptors

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I see are lots of chargers for the coppers on the road, havnt seen a crown Vic in a while.

I feel the opposite. Could be because we live in different cities. Different police systems will have different contracts for sure.
In Niagara the NRPS uses a lot of Crown Vics and a very few Impalas. On the QEW I only see OPP Crown Vics in the common speed traps, along with the Suburban truck.

I haven't seen a Dodge Charger Pursuit in this area.

Yeah thanks haha...

Don't you mean the yellow led bar in the headlight made it easier to tell if its a taurus?
Oh i think you mean the cherries led bar on top... yeah they used to be huge in the past

Yep, the new led light bars made it harder too.

Sent from my SH-02E using Tapatalk 2

That's why I posted this. Over the winter if you see a regular Taurus behind you, try to get used to the look and shape of its headlights so you can recognize them as easily as Crown Vics. Same with tail lights.

"1) Undercover or not we all should be driving accordingly.
2) there's enough marked cars to justify my tax dollars
3) if in doubt it's an impersonator. We all have cell phones. Call dispatch. They'll confirm.
4) there's no such law that states officers "vehicles" need to be visible all the time.

I could go on. But your ignorance isn't worth the rest of the debate."

1) Not a valid argument as to why they shouldn't be visible at all times.
2) No one cares if you are happy with how your tax dollars are being spent, see #1
3) Reasonable response to my concern about impersonation but still doesn't address what they shouldn't be visible at all times, see #1
4) Maybe that is something valid that needs to be addressed, I'll talk with my MP.

Your last comment calling me ignorant is uncalled for, based on your previous attempts in this debate I would say that I am much less ignorant than yourself when it comes to this issue.

I'd actually like to see what the police polices are in relation to the use of unmarked vehicles for traffic enforcement.
I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they are not actually allowed to use them for this type of enforcement.

Maybe that is something that someone needs to subpoena next time they are ticketed by an undercover car, or an officer out of uniform running a radar and hiding in the bushes like a thief. It does wonders for the public perception / police integrity to have them skulking around in the shadows.

According to your argument why they shouldn't even have to wear a uniform...then we should just have to guess that someone is actually a cop? I think that visual recognition is a very important aspect for "most" policing...they need to get back to that level of high integrity, high visibility policing and forget about generating revenue with newbie officers hiding in the bushes. What's next tree stands?

I shouldn't have to risk getting close enough to ask to see their badge, or waste valuable time to "call a dispatch" to figure out if the guy practically ramming me from behind is a police officer or a road raging police impersonator. I should be able to visually tell right away that the person is an officer of the law, not make a judgement call as to whether or not it is someone that is enraged because they think I cut them off and wants to cause me harm.

Think that police impersonation doesn't happen? I think you would be surprised that it happens all the time.
I've had it personally happen to me twice.

You have to much time on your hands.

Please call our local MP. Fill their desk with your requests.

As to the impersonators. I said for you to call dispatch not to stop.

So not sure what you were getting at there.

You also praise GPS for being a great service yet you don't want them in unmarked? Come on lol

Anyway. I'm trying to watch Super Bowl.

I'm done having this debate with you.

Well the new interceptors seem to be the real deal, and I'm sure we've all noticed that our GTA police services are starting to bring them in. The uploader also has a POV video of the handling/acceleration/braking performance.

Seen a few of the new model Taurus on the road, there is absolutely nothing distinctive about the front headlights, just the rears are dead obvious.

[video=youtube;x4I3l99vaMg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=x4I3l99vaMg&feature=fvwp[/video]

I'm betting the traffic police are itching to push this car to its limits on the next chase...

I knew I would if I were them. New Toy!! :eek:

I'm betting the traffic police are itching to push this car to its limits on the next chase...

Lol they're definitely not gonna out accellerate a bike, but they're not the bricks that Crown Vics are. I wouldn't run anyway, but those that do should think twice now

Ive already talked to some of the cops who use them now. They tell me they are by far quicker than Crown Vic, lighter, beefier suspension and better handling.

Ive already talked to some of the cops who use them now. They tell me they are by far quicker than Crown Vic, lighter, beefier suspension and better handling.

I have a friend that works for the company that installs and services the radios/GPS/light systems for police and EMS vehicles. The officers he's talked with said it wouldn't be hard to produce a car that handles better and out accelerates a crown vic. The real test will be how it stands up in a pit manouver, bouncing through a median or doing a cross country through a park.

Lol they're definitely not gonna out accellerate a bike, but they're not the bricks that Crown Vics are. I wouldn't run anyway, but those that do should think twice now

From my first hand experience - highway roll on races with my 600 vs. '02 M5 (400hp) - from 120+ you can pretty much forget about outright "out running" one. Yes, you will still pull away.. but not disappear.

If the cop is cruising on the highway and someone decides to blow past him... he should be able to keep at a decent pace and radio ahead to other units.

That's my take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom