Thinking about a motorcycle lift. | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Thinking about a motorcycle lift.

So what happened there is tgat the bike fell over and took the lift with it... The lift itself did not initiate the topple.

Yup, but I've used those same wheel chocks and a bike won't fall over in them but rather, lean. However if the surface they're on isn't stable...

I happened to be in PA yesterday and saw the lift that's on sale. Not to put down anyone that's bought it, and understanding that there's a substantial price difference, but it's on a different planet compared to the Direct Lift. Quite frankly, I wouldn't put my bike on PA's sale lift at all. I don't know about the other lifts PA sells but this one is narrower, shorter, and made of tin (I exaggerate, but that's what it felt like).

For anyone that gets ANY of the PA lifts, I highly suggest making some form of outrigger to stabilize the table. Mine came with them and is rock solid. While this is likely a bigger bike than most are looking at putting on a table, keep in mind this happened in the "down" position...

97290d1453845451-harbor-freight-lift-please-tell-me-not-get-20151207_085236.jpg
This is a very poor example of what could happen. The guy with the BMW was just careless. Thank you coyo for bringing up possible issues though.

Can anyone find better examples of negatives for the people considering buying this lift?

Just a quick comment.
The first thing I would do with that lift is remove the wheels if it was going to occupy the same space in the garage all the time.
I would hate to have the lift and the bike start rolling away on me.
Outriggers are also a splendid idea.

Just a quick comment.
The first thing I would do with that lift is remove the wheels if it was going to occupy the same space in the garage all the time.
I would hate to have the lift and the bike start rolling away on me.

As long as the front casters are lifted off the floor by turning the "legs" all the way down... The lift isn't going anywhere.
Gravity and friction are your friends. I can't really move mine on it's own.. I can't imagine doing so with a 650lb bike on it.

CSA approval would be a nightmare. I'm still confused how some of these clowns slide the homebuilt pepper mills thru. Trump's throwing up towers all over the world. They call him a dummy. I wanna build a plywood box lol.

Here ya go.I'm going to build one of these for my trialers.http://bbcracing.com/the-box/
stand-1.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom