Endurance a good way to start with racing? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Endurance a good way to start with racing?

Corsara

Site Supporter
I'm not gonna be racing soon, not at least until 2014 season, need lots of skill to build yet. However, wondering if endurance races are a good start for a person looking to step into racing? Where can I find some more information, also are there different classes as well, e.g., can I enter with my 1000?

contact Fawaz/Racer5... he does endurance weekends (although because it is a "race" i believe you will need to do the licensing/track school bit too).

But he has packages available where you can use your own bike as well for stuff (not sure if endurance racing is included). Ask him!

SOAR has different classes based on the machine/engine size, but you'll need a race license to enter/compete. It's definitely a good place to start learning racing with lots of practice without the heat race jitters.

Focus on track learning/seat time... but endurance racing is a good place to start (even though the riding strategy/output is different than heat races).

Thanks to Dave and Jay I did my first endurance race last year - It was probably the best thing I could have done to improve my riding ability, learn the track and work on body position, braking points etc

You can work on different things since you don't have to go all balls out all the time like in a race, do 5 laps working on braking points, then take a couple of laps as a bit of a break, then work on something else if you wish or just go all balls out for another 5 laps

However, you better be prepared, it's called endurance for a reason, 40 laps in a row is not easy and you are still racing so you are expected to maintain certain pace

Sounds fantastic! I'll contact the appropriate people and read some more, thanks.

However, you better be prepared, it's called endurance for a reason, 40 laps in a row is not easy and you are still racing so you are expected to maintain certain pace

Squats, squats and more squats!!!

Come out and watch a round Corsara.

My only advice to you, is to not waste too much money doing only trackdays this year. Get your race licence, and jump in.

Come out and watch a round Corsara.

My only advice to you, is to not waste too much money doing only trackdays this year. Get your race licence, and jump in.

Best advice ever. If you want to race then race. Trackdays are a very different thing and will NEVER prepare youy. Best to just race and be done with it. Endurance is a great way to learn and a load of fun.

Back
Top Bottom