Live: 2014 Corvette Revealed! | Page 28 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Live: 2014 Corvette Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of those mid-engine supercars have more or less the same shape nowadays. Big deal.

All of those mid-engine supercars have more or less the same shape nowadays. Big deal.

A P1, 918 or LaFerrari do indeed all have 5 wheels but each are quite distinct.

I really like the P1 but have only gotten fairly close to a LaFerrari in person. Mmmmmmmmmm

FINALLY, the (supposed) Corvette competitor appears.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/10/26/2017-acura-nsx-first-drive-review-video/

Of note ... "Are there compromises? Oh yes. For one, you don't get any steering feedback through the wheel. On our final session around the Sonoma Raceway we adjusted to picking up the car's state of grip through our hips. This is not a car that speaks in the traditional sense, and many people will have a problem with that."

I will have a problem with that. I have a small, cheap, light little car that happens to have firm, quick, communicative steering (once the stock crap tires were ditched and replaced with something better). I like it that way.

FWIW my friend with the '14 Vette Z06 has not had any trouble with it.

It's a Honda, how can you go wrong?

Lol

Will still be out before the nsx. :D

Ferrari got design ideas from honda. I guess the prices of crack have come down lately. By the way, audi called and said to tell honda to come up with their own designs. The "new" nsx looks like the r8. Wonder where they got their design ideas. At least you'll see production of the ferrari :rolleyes:
I miss Roomie....

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Of note ... "Are there compromises? Oh yes. For one, you don't get any steering feedback through the wheel. On our final session around the Sonoma Raceway we adjusted to picking up the car's state of grip through our hips. This is not a car that speaks in the traditional sense, and many people will have a problem with that."

I will have a problem with that. I have a small, cheap, light little car that happens to have firm, quick, communicative steering (once the stock crap tires were ditched and replaced with something better). I like it that way.

Wow, finally got around to reading the entire article, very favourable, honest, and seemingly down to earth with an honest impression. A great read.

Best line in the article.... "And one thing is certain here : Acura didn't copy anyone" That brings music to my ears.....

p.s. of the 2 companies involved, only one nearly declared bankruptcy....

Not sure why anyone would ever label it a Corvette competitor at $200k. If anything, this just speaks to the level of performance GM was able to put out there at such a bargain price. At that price, its competing against the 911 Turbo and the GT3-RS (!!!), Audi R8 V10 Plus, McLaren 570S, and easily Nissan's next GT-R. I'd easily buy it over a GT-R, and maybe even the R8... but definitely not against the Porsches or McLaren.

Also, for an in-depth article about a $200k sports car, he sure didn't spend much time dwelling on this bit.. I wonder if other reviewers will come back with the same complaint, because that's a pretty damn big one.

Are there compromises? Oh yes. For one, you don't get any steering feedback through the wheel.

It's a street car not a race car how much steering feedbag do you need? Just keep a couple power bars in the console.

Hardly a competitor at double the price.
3800 lbs. $170K US price tag. Good luck Honda.

Along with being the longest ever tease in the history of automobiles manufacturing, I don't think it's going to be a contest at all.

Consider the competition @ $196K CAD
Photo-Mar-30-20-29-43-626x469.jpg

Not sure why anyone would ever label it a Corvette competitor at $200k. If anything, this just speaks to the level of performance GM was able to put out there at such a bargain price. At that price, its competing against the 911 Turbo and the GT3-RS (!!!), Audi R8 V10 Plus, McLaren 570S, and easily Nissan's next GT-R. I'd easily buy it over a GT-R, and maybe even the R8... but definitely not against the Porsches or McLaren.

Also, for an in-depth article about a $200k sports car, he sure didn't spend much time dwelling on this bit.. I wonder if other reviewers will come back with the same complaint, because that's a pretty damn big one.

The point of the NSX, although comparisons with Vettes, McLarens, porsche, et all of course will be inevitable, and we could debate its price, speed, track worthiness and so on,

but the real point, is this thing is a 'Halo" project, rolling technological beast dripping with tech and a few innovative features, that will eventually drip down to a Civic.....

The point of the NSX, although comparisons with Vettes, McLarens, porsche, et all of course will be inevitable, and we could debate its price, speed, track worthiness and so on,

but the real point, is this thing is a 'Halo" project, rolling technological beast dripping with tech and a few innovative features, that will eventually drip down to a Civic.....

Seems to be a rolling something.... eek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom