Live: 2014 Corvette Revealed! | Page 32 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Live: 2014 Corvette Revealed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ran across an article that reminded me of this thread. Seems that Honda is having a wee bit of difficulty actually selling the NSX. http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...egetables-honda-eating-crow-nsx/#more-1597368

When a Honda model goes to "special order only" that's usually the last step before cancellation ...

Meanwhile, there's fairly credible evidence that the Corvette is going to get a mid-engine sibling in the next year or so ... (it seems like it will be sold alongside the current model, at least for a while)
The original NSX was a success because it was the first everyday supercar, but now they're all as drivable as an Accord and a 'better' everyday supercar is not a compelling sales pitch these days. Honda has no thoroughbred sportscar legacy to evoke like its competitors do.

Cue Sunny.

I ran across an article that reminded me of this thread. Seems that Honda is having a wee bit of difficulty actually selling the NSX. http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...egetables-honda-eating-crow-nsx/#more-1597368

When a Honda model goes to "special order only" that's usually the last step before cancellation ...

The original NSX was a success because it was the first everyday supercar, but now they're all as drivable as an Accord and a 'better' everyday supercar is not a compelling sales pitch these days. Honda has no thoroughbred sportscar legacy to evoke like its competitors do.

Cue Sunny.

Sorry I don't follow #fakenews sites especially ones with "truth" in its name

Nov 1, 2017 http://news.honda.com/newsandviews/article.aspx?id=9993-en

the NSX had its best sales month since going on sale in 2016 with a 30 percent gain in October.

by the way, the Corvette is still a GM. wouldn't touch one. It took them over 20 years to figure out mid engine is the way to go. maybe in another 20 they will figure out hybrid systems is the future supercars?

Last edited:
30 percent increase over what? 3? That seems to be omitted...

I don't recall ever seeing a single one on the road.

30 percent increase over what? 3? That seems to be omitted...

I don't recall ever seeing a single one on the road.

That's what I was thinking too. Apparently they sold 269 in NA in 2016 (68 in December). So a 30% increase is probably 14 cars (assuming that is 30% over what was probably the best month ever and not 30% over the month before). When you look at less than 15 vehicles as a 30% increase, the marketing wank is so high as to make me laugh at them and discount almost everything they say as propaganda. It can probably be attributed to a single tech IPO in California (or maybe a plummeting price at the dealer as they try to clear out the year of inventory they have built and sitting). I'm not saying it sucks, just that it is a failure. Very few are buying it so it's a commercial failure and it does very little as a halo car (have you heard an LFA at full chat? frick me, that car made me think lexus sucked less even though the chance of me ever owning one is minimal). To me, the new NSX just reinforces that Honda has completely lost its way (although they still do make some very good vehicles).

For reference lambo sold 1041 vehicles in 2016 in the US (plus a bunch in canada).

There is an NSX running around Niagara on-the-Lake. It’s a sharp and unique looking car. Wish Honda nothing but success.

It’s not really my cuppa.

Personally, there are a number of toys I’d look to put in the garage. A Vette is one.

Maybe a Porsche or something else?

Maybe go with a classic car instead of a modern toy.

But what I do know is, I’m enjoying the new offerings from all makes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is an NSX running around Niagara on-the-Lake.

Probably the guy with the F1, bought it for a daily/grocery getter.......or for his wife.

by the way, the Corvette is still a GM. wouldn't touch one. It took them over 20 years to figure out mid engine is the way to go. maybe in another 20 they will figure out hybrid systems is the future supercars?
To be fair, there aren't any other companies building hybrid supercars either. So far only the multi-million dollar, super exclusive hyper cars(P1, LaFerarri, 918) are running hybrid systems. NSX isn't even in Huracan territory. I've also been very turned off of GM for a while now though and wouldn't even think of a base corvette, however the Z06 is a beast and with a hand full of mods, guys are making huge power with them. Still probably wouldn't put it in the same category as even cheaper ferarris, lambos or mclarens though. However the Z06 also doesn't carry nearly the same price and maintenance costs of any of those cars either. I just managed to configure one at 125k with the z07 performance package, carbon roof, etc. The NSX starts at 192k and while it's pretty, anyone looking at Japanese supercars will be much more attracted to the GTR at nearly 70k less.

Lol my previous comment was deleted by mods

No wonder this forum is virtually dead...

I saw it, it was uncalled for, learn from the experience. We manage to have heavy political discussion without resorting to name calling. Can't do it in a car discussion?

Besides, on topic.... ZR1 is hot.

Last edited:
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/buying-maintenance/a14406365/acura-nsx-maintenance/

Great read if you are into technical stuff.

True to the spirit of the original nsx, this one can be maintained by the backyard mechanic or any other non factory trained tech with Honda's blessing and support for years to come and common parts to regular Honda's in some cases.

Honda will even give access to the full service manual and its i-HDS diagnostic and programming software through its TechInfo portal for just $20 per day.

I'd like to see this with other supercars

Last edited:
Enough.It's going to be a long winter guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom