Bought my first bike today! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bought my first bike today!

congrats man, was it the one sitting at the kahuna motorspots booth? I just picked up a ninja 250 about 2 weeks ago as well. Should be a fun spring.

Welcome, ride safe.

btw why didn't you get the ninja300?

Brand new 2012 250's were going for 3999......... damn good deal if you ask me, can be tough to find a used one on Kijiji for under 4k last time I looked.

Congratulations on your first bike! It's a great choice, and you'll surely enjoy it.

congrats on the new purchase! and welcome to the forum.

Congrats! Glad you got a good deal. Welcome:)

Welcome!!
Wheelie.gif

congrats on the new purchase. Consider waiting until a good rain to clear the salt and at least 10 degree weather, cold tires, cold ashphault, and sloppy road conditions can be difficult to navigate if you've just started riding. It will be hard to wait when you see other bikes on the road, but it may be worth while.

Get new tires. Getting rid of the OEM roadwiener crap is essential. Cheapest performance/safety mod you can do. I survived a few months with them.

hey, congrats for the new bike and welcome to this forum. And i think you have chosen a right bike. It
is sports bike and has all the sporty comfort. It is equipped with big front protection and large windscreen. it is a world class super sports bike known for cutting-edge power, technology and styling. all required features for handling and control are installed in this motorcycle. It comes with rugged diamond shaped frame chassis that is coupled with a beefy square cross-section swing arm lays the foundation of a sturdy machine.
huh!?!?

Hey, Congrats for the new bike and Welcome to this forum. And I think you have chosen a right bike. It
is sports bike and has all the sporty comfort. It is equipped with big front protection and large windscreen. It is a world class super sports bike known for cutting-edge power, technology and styling. All required features for handling and control are installed in this motorcycle. It comes with rugged diamond shaped frame chassis that is coupled with a beefy square cross-section swing arm lays the foundation of a sturdy machine.

ya, but get rid of roadwieners

I haven't even thought about that. Should I see about getting them from the place where I bought the bike or get them from another shop?

Something you should know about this site, people in here talk a lot of **** so they seem like they are knowledgeable

I.E.
Hey, Congrats for the new bike and Welcome to this forum. And I think you have chosen a right bike. It
is sports bike and has all the sporty comfort. It is equipped with big front protection and large windscreen. It is a world class super sports bike known for cutting-edge power, technology and styling. All required features for handling and control are installed in this motorcycle. It comes with rugged diamond shaped frame chassis that is coupled with a beefy square cross-section swing arm lays the foundation of a sturdy machine.
:rolleyes:

First learn how to ride the damn thing and get comfortable before you go and start spending money on tires.

2 cheapest things you can do to that bike that will save you money and keep the value of the bike are:
-Tank pad...because you will scratch your tank with your jacket or sweater zipper
-Frame sliders...because you will most likely drop the bike, i didn't say crash, i said drop the bike.

Welcome

Last edited:
Congrats on the purchase bro. I bought a white 250 last year, the 2011 special edition. First year riding. I did the frame sliders and the tank pad aswell, nothing else. Love the bike and got the hang of it very fast. Its on a stand right now, I suggest you do the same to prevent wheel damage. I've been thinking about upgrading to the new CBR500R. I'm sure you saw it at the bike show, the only thing is it redlines at 9000rpm. The ninja redlines at 13000. 9000 is too low for my liking. I'm by no means sick of my 250 even after a year of having it (a lot of people say they will very quickly) I could keep it for a few more years and I probably still wouldn't be bored. Its an amazing bike, I'm done flaunting it lol...congrats and good choice! If you have any questions about the bike regarding maintenance or just anything give me a shout! peace!

Back
Top Bottom