Bought my first bike today! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bought my first bike today!

-Tank pad...because you will scratch your tank with your jacket or sweater zipper
-Frame sliders...because you will most likely drop the bike, i didn't say crash, i said drop the bike.

Welcome

^ +1

Last edited:
Are the stock tires as bad as people say they are? Is it worth buying new ones?

Not as bad as I say they are. But totally worth buying new ones. I think this is the best performance mod bang/buck there is. Being able to trust your tires is worth a lot more than beating a Hyundai Pony off the line any day.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. The 2011 special edition looks really good. My mod list right now is removing the yellow graphics, tank pad, fender eliminator kit, red wheel stripes, rear seat cowl, frame sliders, dyno jet kit, tinted windscreen, and hid's. I'm considering an integrated tail light and flush mount turn signals. I've though about an exhaust, but its just going to drain my ears on the highway and drive my neighbors crazy :D. I probably will get a bike stand too. Are the stock tires as bad as people say they are? Is it worth buying new ones?

No problem bro. Yea I wanna do HID's aswell and most likely the fender eliminator. I'm not sure about the windscreen, although it would look so sick. I probably wont do an exhaust either. My tires have been find and I rode the hell out of the bike for a beginner (8000km in around 7 months). I wouldn't change them right away. I have no complaints about the tires. I'd say get at least the first season out of them. It's a waste to replace brand new tires in my opinion.

Congrats on the purchase bro. I bought a white 250 last year, the 2011 special edition. First year riding. I did the frame sliders and the tank pad aswell, nothing else. Love the bike and got the hang of it very fast. Its on a stand right now, I suggest you do the same to prevent wheel damage. I've been thinking about upgrading to the new CBR500R. I'm sure you saw it at the bike show, the only thing is it redlines at 9000rpm. The ninja redlines at 13000. 9000 is too low for my liking. I'm by no means sick of my 250 even after a year of having it (a lot of people say they will very quickly) I could keep it for a few more years and I probably still wouldn't be bored. Its an amazing bike, I'm done flaunting it lol...congrats and good choice! If you have any questions about the bike regarding maintenance or just anything give me a shout! peace!

Hey,

If you don't mind, can you tell me what frame sliders you used, how much they were and how you installed them (yourself/shop/howmuch)

Cheers.

hey, congrats for the new bike and welcome to this forum. And i think you have chosen a right bike. It
is sports bike and has all the sporty comfort. It is equipped with big front protection and large windscreen. it is a world class super sports bike known for cutting-edge power, technology and styling. all required features for handling and control are installed in this motorcycle. It comes with rugged diamond shaped frame chassis that is coupled with a beefy square cross-section swing arm lays the foundation of a sturdy machine.

spam

I'm considering an integrated tail light and flush mount turn signals.
Integrated tail on these bikes are impossible to see. Just get a plate brake with mounting points for smaller aftermarket signals. I have an integrated on my r6 and ended up putting the stalk type signals back on cuz I was sick of people almost hitting me.

Hey Guy,
Good to hear. Funny thing, I just bought one last week two. Same company, same bike. I'll be damned if it was the same guy...Andy, by any chance? lol.
Maybe we'll bump into each other from time to time, hopefully not literally ;)
I'll be getting my m1 in march, picking up my bike from the shop around that time too weather permitting. Got a friend who will be showing me a thing or two, and then hopefully get the m2 in may since the m1 is only 90 days :S

I never understood why we replace out stock lights with impossible to see lights flush lights. I guess we just like blaming cagers for our idiocies.

welcome to the site would be cool to ride together sometime it's a lot of fun and sometime safer in a group

Welcome Andrew! Lots of peeps and meets in the GTA, see you in warmer weather!

Back
Top Bottom