Racism in the GTA biking community | GTAMotorcycle.com

Racism in the GTA biking community

• Thread starter Deleted member 40275
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 40275

Just want to know what you guys have experienced or know how the overall GTA biking community responds to riders of "color" (asians, hispanics, indians, blacks etc.)

I've read that a lot of clubs and riding groups don't especially appreciate non-white riders into their mix.. and are often violent/hostile towards them.

Any opinions/experiences?

Haven't heard or experienced anything of the sort beyond some 1% MCs being pro-white.

I guess a lot of asian riders keep to their own, but that's more because the ones in question are recent immigrants/int'l students.

Haven't noticed any racism. The only beef I've noticed is the sport bikes vs Harleys at Dundas Sq

The only racism I've witnessed is all ethnic groups feel they can organize meet and greet rides....all except whites...they are banned from gathering in any size group and any organized rides. Because if they were allowed they would be up to no good then. It's a head scratcher...but true...watch out for those whitey's...bad dudes.
Oh ya the Harley sportydudes thing, that always gets ugly.

Haven't noticed any out right racism. I have noticed that a lot of nationalities like to stick together at meets/rides/as friends/etc. Although I think that has to do with the fact that they usually have more common interests of someone with the same nationality. Nothing is stopping you from walking up to them and saying hi though.

It's like high school: cliques stick together.

I'm a black rider and I have to say I haven't experienced any trouble. In fact everyone I've met has been pretty friendly to me and my usually stupid questions, considering I'm pretty new to bikes. And riding a dual-sport.

Its as though the Brotherhood of Bikes supersedes other things and its two wheels first. Everything else is trivial.

hard to tell under a helmet, but once you remove it, you'll find out who doesnt like you

stay away from the blue people and their flashing lights, they hate everyone on 2 wheels

I keep trying to get my friends of colour into riding, but they just don't seem that into it. All this year I only met one black guy on the trail and my only thought was, "that's awesome, I wish more would be out here.". Just look at MX, you'll notice it's just like the NHL was five years ago.

The only racism I've witnessed is all ethnic groups feel they can organize meet and greet rides....all except whites...they are banned from gathering in any size group and any organized rides. Because if they were allowed they would be up to no good then. It's a head scratcher...but true...watch out for those whitey's...bad dudes.
Oh ya the Harley sportydudes thing, that always gets ugly.

White people ride motorcycles?

I haven't noticed anything (there are people of all races in the group I ride with) -- with that said, feel free to direct any single asian female riders my way in the name of diversity ;) rofl.

I keep trying to get my friends of colour into riding, but they just don't seem that into it. All this year I only met one black guy on the trail and my only thought was, "that's awesome, I wish more would be out here.". Just look at MX, you'll notice it's just like the NHL was five years ago.

NHL? what's that?

White people ride motorcycles?

North American riders...only white riders I thought

Its as though the Brotherhood of Bikes supersedes other things and its two wheels first. Everything else is trivial.

Guess you haven't been on this site long ....I use to say dumb things like that too. Hang around you'll see how it really is.

Just want to know what you guys have experienced or know how the overall GTA biking community responds to riders of "color" (asians, hispanics, indians, blacks etc.)

I've read that a lot of clubs and riding groups don't especially appreciate non-white riders into their mix.. and are often violent/hostile towards them.

Any opinions/experiences?

Where did you read that?

I haven't noticed anything (there are people of all races in the group I ride with) -- with that said, feel free to direct any single asian female riders my way in the name of diversity ;) rofl.

Yellowfever?

Sent from my phone using my paws

Thanks for all the feedback. Was just watching a documentary on the HA on tv so figured I'd ask what the experience has been like for you guys.

Goood stuff. I bet it's very different in different parts of the world but as someone said... with a helmet on, everybody's the same.

Thanks for all the feedback. Was just watching a documentary on the HA on tv so figured I'd ask what the experience has been like for you guys.

Goood stuff. I bet it's very different in different parts of the world but as someone said... with a helmet on, everybody's the same.
dont believe everything u see on tv. get out there and just ride. well maybe not until march..

OP it's kinda racist in itself to imply only white riding groups can be racist, people of "colour" can be racist too you know...
With that said, there is racism everywhere so you should just stay away from those people who truly don't like others only because of the colour of their skin.

The GTA riding community pretty diverse and there are plenty of great people to meet and plenty of assh0les too. Just be friendly to everyone and see how they act back towards you, it really is that simple.

Haha the mythical motorcycle fraternity. Hasn't been like that in decades. The brotherhood existed when few individuals rode motorcycles and those who did were seen as being outside of the social norm and bikers looked helped each other out on the road. Now ever computer nerd and their aunt Betty rides a bike, it's not a big deal anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom