What video recording equipment to get for street use? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What video recording equipment to get for street use?

corpse

Site Supporter
I was looking at the gopros but what do you guys use?

Id like to have two cameras setup, one bike mounted and one helmet mounted... but that gopro helmet cam looks cumbersome....

The GoPro does have weight and pulls the helmet slightly. Haven't tried the others. GoPro is good for mounting to the bike, though.

I was thinking the Contour HD or similar form factor would be good for helmet mounting with a gopro on the bike. I've got the Hero 3 on order and might look to trade my Hero 2 for a contour.

I was thinking the Contour HD or similar form factor would be good for helmet mounting with a gopro on the bike. I've got the Hero 3 on order and might look to trade my Hero 2 for a contour.

Contour HD sound is absolute garbage. Lots of threads on this all over the internet. Only Contour with decent sound on a bike is the Roam (and only when enclosed in the waterproof case).

Gopros work fine but I petsonally don't like the video view that comes from mounting on top of a helmet. I much prefer mounting from the chin or side of helmet or even chest mount .

Side helmet mount was what i was thinking... Thats why i was trying to find a bullet style one

Side helmet mount was what i was thinking... Thats why i was trying to find a bullet style one

I had a gopro side mounted, didnt really bother me at all...Its not as big of a deal as you would think weight wise...

I use a Contour Roam. It is capable of recording 1080p but eats up a lot of space on the memory card and battery life as well.
I run it on 720p and it lasts for 3 hours but weight wise, I don't feel it at all and it slides on and off easily. Sound is crap unless you do a built-in mic mod which there are a lot on youtube to show you how to do it.

Here's an example of 720p: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?166507-I-strive-to-become-a-pro!

Look at the new Drift Ghost. The LCD screen, remote and rotating lens are definitely bonuses.

Back
Top Bottom