I strive to become a pro! | GTAMotorcycle.com

I strive to become a pro!

PLau

Lowside.jpg

On my way to school... Didn't expect this to happen... >.>

[video=youtube;fSyuVb_YuTA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSyuVb_YuTA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
Nice how the camera came off and settle just in time to catch you bouncing across the pavement. Was that just from today?

I hope that wasn't as bad as it looked, glad you're OK man!

Naww I just ended up with a sore arm, a brake lever thats curved 90 degrees and scratched barend, and my signal light cover popped off (which I can just pop back in).. And a broken camera mount. Will probably cost me $20 to fix everything. After I fell, I just got up, picked up the bike, assessed the damage, and rode off probably within 5 mins.

Nice how the camera came off and settle just in time to catch you bouncing across the pavement. Was that just from today?

Lol yeah I was surprised as well how the camera just sat there like it was waiting for something to happen.

It was Today at 11AM.

I was pretty lucky that I didn't hit the curb in front of me otherwise that probably would have hurt a lot more..

I recognize the sound of "****, people saw that!" in your voice :p gotta admit I laughed pretty hard, been there. Glad you're okay.

I went down at Jane/Hwy 7. Looks like you were right near there.

I recognize the sound of "****, people saw that!" in your voice :p gotta admit I laughed pretty hard, been there. Glad you're okay.

I went down at Jane/Hwy 7. Looks like you were right near there.

Surprisingly, I didn't really care that people saw, it was more like damn, I should've been going slower with this type of weather.

Its was at Hwy 7/Interchange (1 light west of Jane)
I Lolled pretty hard when I saw this though. Its an anti-noob brake lever which only fits your index and middle finger

Brakeleverlol.jpg

Last edited:
Don't take this the wrong way but a little constructive criticism. You made 2 lane changes and never once turned your head and looked before making the lane change. That will bite you also some day.

Don't take this the wrong way but a little constructive criticism. You made 2 lane changes and never once turned your head and looked before making the lane change. That will bite you also some day.

I believe I did at 0:18 and my 2nd lane change is where the lane just opened.

Unless you're suggesting that another biker will come out of nowhere trying to squeeze between me and the lane that just opened...

But thanks for the tip.

Last edited:
I did see you do a slight look but didn't really turn your head much to the right to really see what was in your blind spot. It was more like a slight glance. Sorry but 11 years as a training instructor comes out in me sometimes.

As to the actual crash probably a combination of wet/cold road and tires and maybe some oil on the road it looked like you were in the center of the lane just before you turned and may have picked up some oil from the middle of the lane and or maybe the painted lines.

Looks like it was your back end that lost traction.

Last edited:
I did see you do a slight look but didn't really turn your head much to the right to really see what was in your blind spot. It was more like a slight glance. Sorry but 11 years as a training instructor comes out in me sometimes.

As to the actual crash probably a combination of wet/cold road and tires and maybe some oil on the road it looked like you were in the center of the lane just before you turned and may have picked up some oil from the middle of the lane and or maybe the painted lines.

Looks like it was your back end that lost traction.

I was thinking maybe all of the above. The rear tire looks like it lost it on the white line and there was a slight drizzle in the morning which could have lifted up the oil. And of course, the cold.

Thanks for crash-testing those gloves, how'd they do? :p

Thanks for crash-testing those gloves, how'd they do? :p
It did its job, it shaved off a bit of the stuff on the palm of the glove and thats about it. I'll take a pic if you want but you have to consider that I hit the ground going only 30km/h.

I think it would hold it self together for a 100km/h crash as it only got rid of the shiny coat on those black ball looking things and a a bit underneath.

Last edited:
Glad you're ok, things could have been a lot worse.

NO CBR125 JOKE!? WHO ARE YOU!?!?!? ;)
Yup, when theres a bad, theres always a worse. I find myself to be pretty lucky in this case that it didn't involve anyone else and I didn't hit anything.
Today I've been thinking how everyone keeps saying that everyone falls at least once while riding. Hopefully this will be my one time and it doesn't happen again as I learned to be more careful in this weather.
And...
Full gear helped as well. Knee got scraped a bit due to Kevlar Jeans, gloves had a bit scraped off (better that than my hands), my jacket was torn on an elbow (better that than my elbow), and my helmet cam took the full impact to the ground surprisingly and only left a couple dents.

Last edited:
Damn, glad to hear you're okay.
I absolutely hate the 125s, not because of the lack of power but because they feel so unstable. I remember low siding in the rain on the track on a 125. I'm sure I wouldn't have gone down if I were on a bigger bike.
I couldn't even go low enough to put a knee down on a 125 cause I felt so unstable.

Update 13 hours after fall: Left arm, left hand, chest, and back sore. Damn, its about time it set in.. Lol

My first close call was at the same intersection, on the same bike too lol. Didnt dump it though. Glad you're okay. Just get back on and continue riding!

Stay Up

I absolutely hate the 125s, not because of the lack of power but because they feel so unstable. I remember low siding in the rain on the track on a 125. I'm sure I wouldn't have gone down if I were on a bigger bike.
I couldn't even go low enough to put a knee down on a 125 cause I felt so unstable.

Knee down on a CBR125 is possible and wayyyyy easier to do than a bigger bike like a 600 supersport. I wouldnt call it unstable, it is actually very nimble and you just have to learn how to make the best of its abilities.

At Cayuga a few months ago, I ran my CBR125R and my CBR600RR in back to back sessions and I would say the 125 is easier and more fun to ride than my 600 at that particular track...although the lap times were slower. http://youtu.be/dtXdzX5i28E?hd=1&t=3m53s

Back
Top Bottom