2010 GSXR600 won't start | GTAMotorcycle.com

2010 GSXR600 won't start

AllanR

I bought my GSXR600 brand new (so I know the history of the bike). Everything has been fine up until this. 9000kms currently.

On Tuesday last week I was out and about on my bike, probably for about an hour, and everything seemed completely fine. The following day I went outside to go for a ride. I started the bike, and it was rough at first with idle RPMs about ~800. It did this for about 8-10 seconds and then stalled on me. Ever since then, I have been unable to start her up again.

Here's a video to show what's going on... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJxDtOLGnh8

I can hear the fuel pump prime, all dash lights turn on, headlight on, etc. when I turn the key.

Now I'm not too motorcycle savvy. I can do basic maintenance (oil change, chain maintenance, air filter, spark plugs, etc.)

Has anyone had a similar experience to this or can offer any advice? I'm planning to change the spark plugs this weekend.

When in doubt, charge battery before doing anything else. It sounded like it was cranking slow.

When in doubt, charge battery before doing anything else. It sounded like it was cranking slow.

Sorry, I should have mentioned this in the first post.
Yesterday I removed the battery and charged it until charger specified as full. Put it back in and no luck.

I have same bike and same issue a month ago. It started rough then wouldn't idle unless I worked the throttle a bit. It was tough to start too. It had run great on the last outing.

I was low on fuel at the time. I put 1/2 a tank of fresh fuel with injector cleaner in the bike then started it. I held the throttle for 10 minutes till it would idle on it's own. I could hear it stumbling but it smoothed out a bit after another ten minutes. I went for a brisk ride and burnt off that half tank. I put a full tank of fresh fuel in and it hasn't done it since.

I have same bike and same issue a month ago. It started rough then wouldn't idle unless I worked the throttle a bit. It was tough to start too. It had run great on the last outing.

I was low on fuel at the time. I put 1/2 a tank of fresh fuel with injector cleaner in the bike then started it. I held the throttle for 10 minutes till it would idle on it's own. I could hear it stumbling but it smoothed out a bit after another ten minutes. I went for a brisk ride and burnt off that half tank. I put a full tank of fresh fuel in and it hasn't done it since.

Thanks. I'll give that a shot tomorrow. The only problem for me is that it doesn't even feel close to starting. Would the injector cleaner help with starting the bike or only to clean the injectors once she's running?

I had a flooded engine in my cbr. Manual says to put key to on position, deactivate kill switch(like you're about to start it), open throttle all the way open, push start button for 5 seconds. After try to start normally. If it starts adjust throttle so it doesn't stall.

Wait 10 seconds to try again. Took me 3 attempts to get it.

I can't say for sure but I think the injector cleaner does help get rid of the water in bad fuel. Like I said, it worked for me but it was tough to get going. At one point I could not start the bike so pretty much the same boat you are in now.
Is the fuel level low?

I can't say for sure but I think the injector cleaner does help get rid of the water in bad fuel. Like I said, it worked for me but it was tough to get going. At one point I could not start the bike so pretty much the same boat you are in now.
Is the fuel level low?

Okay thanks.
It was low -- probably about 1/4 of a tank or so. Today I filled it up with fresh fuel to about 3/4 but it didn't seem to help at all. What type of injector cleaner did you use?

it sounds like it doesnt have either fuel or spark. Have you dropped this bike recently?

Maybe the fuel switch is off. Check the switch.
Check your plugs.
Check if there's spark.
Cranking sounds fine, battery sounds fine.
If everything is checked and okay, check your fuel line and fuel filter.

Hard to Diag a bike just by a Video...... sounds like its looking for gas... simple test would be pull fuel line make sure you got fuel flow and its not restricted ... another quick test is just check for spark...

What did you do when you checked your spark plugs? I have a K7 and this looks and sounds just like what happened to me. I replaced my plugs with iridiums and it fired right up.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give em a shot.

^^bboySushi, my plan is to change the plugs this weekend when I'm free.

Changing plugs is one thing, see if the bike is properly tuned. See what colour is on the plugs at first.

I'll assume that you have checked all the basics. I can't tell by the video... does your bike crank without you holding the clutch lever? If you bypassed the clutch switch, the bike could run ultra rich all the time. I know there are a few models that modify the fuel map when the clutch lever is pulled to prevent afterfire and emissions etc. Can't remember if this is one of them or not. If you did, put it back to normal, change your fouled plugs and enjoy.

If not, the TPS (throttle position sensor) may be out of adjustment, the GSX-Rs were/are tempermental when it comes to the TPS settings. If it's out, adjust it, change the plugs if fouled and away you go.

After you charged your battery did the bike crank over faster than that video? Because its cranking over way to slow.

Back
Top Bottom