Anyone daily drive their motard? (or stuntbike) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone daily drive their motard? (or stuntbike)

corpse

Site Supporter
I dont mean some drz400, like a crf450 with stickies!

Just wondering how well they hold up to pavement abuse.

Second note... Does everyone now rock a stunter and have a pretty stock bike for the street to ride a to b with?

i've seen some stunt street bikes ripping around in west toronto; cages, bars an everythin'

Sorry. That question was directed at people i know. Just wanna know how things are these days.

Sorry. That question was directed at people i know. Just wanna know how things are these days.

I had my 03/04 636 that was full time parking lot stunt bike, and I had my 09 ZX6R that has a lot of stunt parts on it but was more of a street bike as I never really took it to the parking lot more then maybe a few times...

I just sold the 03/04 636 not too long ago, and bought a 2013 636. So Im going to make the 09 ZX6R my stunt bike, and use the 2013 for the streets and keep it clean...

I also have a Motard but its not street legal, I wish I could make it street legal so bad! Its a lot of fun to ride...Bmore vids give me bad ideas about it...lol

Motards look like so much fun on the street, poppin curbs, dropping down some stairs... Like a bmx with a motor!... Just dont know if their heat scores like my stunt bike is...

You guys still at the same ole spot? Is it invitation only these days or open to whoever? **** man, i still feel bad about causing the curly tails to show up to the first one.

Side note, i still need this bracket made for my cluster on the old arthcritic f4ez...

Motards look like so much fun on the street, poppin curbs, dropping down some stairs... Like a bmx with a motor!... Just dont know if their heat scores like my stunt bike is...

You guys still at the same ole spot? Is it invitation only these days or open to whoever? **** man, i still feel bad about causing the curly tails to show up to the first one.

Side note, i still need this bracket made for my cluster on the old arthcritic f4ez...

Well the thing is even before I put an aftermarket exhaust on it, they are crazy loud being a 450. And they look strange out there, so they are going to attract attention...Not to mention the fact its hard not to wheelie a 450 every time you get on the throttle...

I have not ridden in the parking lot much this year, but the rest of the guys do still ride regularly. Its not my decision alone if you are welcome there, if it was Id say sure you are as far as I am concerned. However there is a lot of people that ride there, and I am not the one that originally found the place. So you would have to ask the masses about it, and if anyone Jackson as he is the one that found it and invited me in the beginning...

You fully recovered now? I went through a glass door a year and a half ago, my hands still just started to get their feeling back...

I've heard that those 450s take a lot of maintenance if you run them on the pavement... Possibility of trans failures since their is no give in the drivetrain when on pavement and engine rebuilds would be required quiet often since their not designed for extended periods of high rpm use.

You fully recovered now? I went through a glass door a year and a half ago, my hands still just started to get their feeling back...

I've heard that those 450s take a lot of maintenance if you run them on the pavement... Possibility of trans failures since their is no give in the drivetrain when on pavement and engine rebuilds would be required quiet often since their not designed for extended periods of high rpm use.

I'd say about as fully recovered as I'm gong to get, I hope my upper lip eventually stops being numb. Other then that everything else is as good as its going to get and I just have to live with my losses.

I put a slipper clutch in my 450 so I'm not worried about trans issues. Valves apparently require frequent maintaince, but as long as I keep up with adjustment and frequent oil changes I think I should get good life out of it. I've also heard that the newer 450 4 strokes are alot better with high rpm compared to the early ones. I'll be able to tell you real answers if/when mine pops, so far it's still brand new and runs like a champ.

johnny did you end up getting 2013 from the states saw your post on sr?
ramon i got your msg im rocking a street bike next year so well go for a ride lot or street dont matter

johnny did you end up getting 2013 from the states saw your post on sr?
ramon i got your msg im rocking a street bike next year so well go for a ride lot or street dont matter

No I decided it wasn't worth the 20 hours of driving, I would have only saved maybe $500 after gas and import fees. A dealer in Barrie had 2 early orders coming in 3rd week of Dec, a white non ABS and a black ABS version. I drove to Barrie to put cash down and they called Kawi and changed the white non ABS to a green non ABS for me...

I don't know if you still wonder about motards, but I have a ktm 625smc (SuperMoto Competition) and lemme tell you they are a BLAST to have on the street daily, I drive mine as much as I can... tons of power for the hwy and gobs of toque for in the city to take off from stop lights, it will wheelie on just pure throttle roll :D but yes you have to remember they're a 4 stroke, therefore daily abuse and use will set back compared to others out there, so rebuilding will be in the future if you plan to keep it for awhile. But I love my motard and wouldn't trade it for anything :) it like having a street legal bad *** dirt bike ! lol

Kind of relevant... I recently discovered there are companies that sell dual ratio rear sprockets for those that want to be able to highway ride their stunt bikes without changing out the sprocket.

So like any other bike? Or did you mean 2 stroke?
Isn't that exactly what it is? :dontknow:

nope I meant 4 stroke, in the city there good. but hwy it isn't great as 4strokes like high rpms also wears em out quicker .... this is what ive been told tho

Kind of relevant... I recently discovered there are companies that sell dual ratio rear sprockets for those that want to be able to highway ride their stunt bikes without changing out the sprocket.

hmmm, interesting how do they work from going from one to another ? who makes em

nope I meant 4 stroke, in the city there good. but hwy it isn't great as 4strokes like high rpms also wears em out quicker .... this is what ive been told tho
Literally every vehicle on the road (for the most part) is 4 stroke. 2 stroke needs to be wound out more than 4.

Take out 4 bolts, wiggle something around (bad explanation), put bolts back in.

http://dualratiosprockets.com/

I got one of those for one of the guys I ride with, $900 a week after getting it, it **** the grease out all over the rim and siezed up. Another buddy bought it off him, he sent it back and they rebuilt it under warrenty. However I have read online that others had the same problem and it keeps on breaking...It hasnt leaked again yet but he is not actually riding it on the street daily....

Other then that it makes the bike slack, its not the same as a true big sprocket, its like there is a little delay in the power as you get on the gas.....Its cool to have for a street/stunt bike, but if you want to really stunt seriously get a true large sprocket...You really cant have your cake and eat it too....Kinda but its not exactly 100% then 100% street with the movement of 4 bolts....

The killer is if you do have it in stunt mode and ride on the street or high rpm then your are putting serious pressure on the internal parts of the DRS and that is what is supposed to cause them to fail quick
IMG_2322_zps742e448d.jpg

IMG_2316_zps791eb97d.jpg

Last edited:
Well good to know it's a piece of crap, heh.

Back
Top Bottom