UVIP vehicle price =$0 | GTAMotorcycle.com

UVIP vehicle price =$0

losttourist

Hey guys
ok so I have my uvip for a bike I just bought
and noticed the value is $0 for both wholesale and retail
on the form. Guess its due to its age. So if thats the case saying I paid $300 for it should be acceptable / believable to the clerk right? I know it's up to each
Individual to do wha they want. But I the value is $0 why should we even say we paid anything at all? The seller was actually hesitant on fudging the price
on the receipt.

There is no declared value for motorcycles.
You pay taxes on whatever money you told them you paid.
Just make sure that you and the seller are on the same page.

There's no blue/black book value on used motorcycles in Canada, so the MTO has to charge you based on what's written down. Worst case scenario is they ask the seller via mail to confirm the purchase price.

If it's over 20 years old MTO won't care what you declare the value. $300 is fair, I claim a minimum of $50 for a basketcase.

You might get something in the mail asking you to re-confirm the purchase price down the road (I did). You can toss that in the trash like everyone else does as they never follow up on it.

Like Mina said, just make sure you and the seller are in agreement and you can declare whatever you want. There's no way for them to know that the seller isn't a friend who's gifting the bike to you at low or no cost.

Thanks guys just remembered about the no blue book value on motorcycles in Canada
thanks again for the input

Was just wondering, what if I change the price on the uvip after purchase? The previous owner gets a mail and doesn't agree to the price?

(I'm looking at a bike which the owner didn't transfer to his name yet, uvip is like $4000. If he changes the uvip price for me, the previous owner won't know about it.)

Was just wondering, what if I change the price on the uvip after purchase? The previous owner gets a mail and doesn't agree to the price?

(I'm looking at a bike which the owner didn't transfer to his name yet, uvip is like $4000. If he changes the uvip price for me, the previous owner won't know about it.)

then you pay the difference plus a fine/interest

I have thrown out more than one letter and I have no idea what the previous owners did with theirs....

Nope got 3 bike registered last year
No letter
Only for one of my car that I paid full tax on

Back
Top Bottom