CPP Invests In Racing | GTAMotorcycle.com

CPP Invests In Racing

How misleading... CPP invests in ' an event management, media and marketing company' and some other fluff, not FIM and FIA.

FIM & FIA are both organizing bodies that set rules/standards for most national/international motorcycle & car races respectively. They set the rules. Dorna and their new parent company owns WSBK and MotoGP. Same goes for F1.

FIM & FIA are both organizing bodies that set rules/standards for most national/international motorcycle & car races respectively. They set the rules. Dorna and their new parent company owns WSBK and MotoGP. Same goes for F1.

Fair enough, I was mainly commenting on what seems to be a poorly written CBC article, it doesn't even mention WSBK. This one is better:

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/185490/1/canadian_pension_fund_to_buy_39_of_dorna.html

I have a hard time seeing CPP as a premier sponsor, Bombardier, on the other hand...

Wow, this really bugs me. CPP should be investing in 'safe' securities. I think this investment is far from safe.

Wow, this really bugs me. CPP should be investing in 'safe' securities. I think this investment is far from safe.

CPP, like most pension plans currently has a shortfall (crap economy effects everything). CPP has always invested a small % of their capital in high-yeild/high-risk public offerings to help make up their projected shortfalls. If they didn't attempt to make up the difference they would need to make it up in other ways. One way would be to increase member contributions (higher deductions off pay cheques), another way would be to further restrict elilibility (e.g. increase age to 68 or older). So my point is that as a fan of; F1, MotoGP and WSBK, I'm happy to hear of the investments. I hope it pays off for CPP. If not, as a Canadian I'm happy to see a part of the Federal Gov't financially support something that I care about, and if it cost me 1 more working year then I'll still be OK with it.

Back
Top Bottom