Front forks re alighnment on Kawi 250R | GTAMotorcycle.com

Front forks re alighnment on Kawi 250R

a.chan

Front forks re alignment on Kawi 250R

I was told by a motorcycle tech professor that it is possible to realign front forks on a bike if it was dropped causing the steering angle to be off. He said to remove the 2 bolts on each side on the under triple tree that holds the forks and align the bikes forks to the triple trees to go straight then just torque to specs. Wondering if this would actually fix the problem. Currently on the bike, if the handlebar is straight, looking at the front, the front wheels is steering 4-5 degrees to the left. Kind of like a toe-out problem on a car when doing wheel alignments.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Yes, very common. Sometimes when a bike goes down the front end is knocked out of alignment. If the forks are loosened from the triples front axle they will often 'pop' back to where they are supposed to be. If the front end is tweaked like this the handle bars will be off but also the front forks will bind and not cycle as designed.

Yes, very common. Sometimes when a bike goes down the front end is knocked out of alignment. If the forks are loosened from the triples front axle they will often 'pop' back to where they are supposed to be. If the front end is tweaked like this the handle bars will be off but also the front forks will bind and not cycle as designed.

Yeah, handle bar vs. front wheel alignment is off. By loosening the front triple tree clamp bolts, will it easily go back to its original position? Is there a notch or like a master spline that insures the front forks will be straight?

Yeah, handle bar vs. front wheel alignment is off. By loosening the front triple tree clamp bolts, will it easily go back to its original position? Is there a notch or like a master spline that insures the front forks will be straight?
No notches, clamp and forks are both smooth.

Re: Front forks re alignment on Kawi 250R

Was teaching my brother to ride on my Suzuki GZ250 and he dropped bike on right side. Front alignment is off slightly, does anybody know how to fix this issue for my model?

Re: Front forks re alignment on Kawi 250R

The basics given above are good for practically all motorcycles whether it be a 1949 Norton or a 2015 SS.

Back
Top Bottom