TV shows currently watching | Page 36 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TV shows currently watching

Tin Star - Canadian UK production. Great cast. Love Tim Roth's work. Also has an actor from Hell on Wheels known as The Swede. Creepy and effective.

Doesn't mock Canada and the production is on par with anything made from HBO or other network shows.

Only watch 2 episodes and looking forward to more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
As a parent of an autistic / gifted child - quite enjoyed 'the good doctor', but it won't be for everyone.

Just watched the new Law and Order: Menedez murders. Looks good so far.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

So. Who's a Trekkie? Star Trek Discovery is looking good so far. Wonder if we'll see bits of TO in it? It's shot here. City Hall was on once before.

So. Who's a Trekkie? Star Trek Discovery is looking good so far. Wonder if we'll see bits of TO in it? It's shot here. City Hall was on once before.

I'm a 50 year Trekkie. Wasn't so good by my estimation. They continually broke decades of universe building, it doesn't look and feel like Trek to me, and the main character has far too many elements of "The Mary Sue" for my liking. I'm going to give it few more episodes but, to me, the third episode of "The Orville" was more Star Trek than an actual Star Trek series by CBS.

I'm a 50 year Trekkie. Wasn't so good by my estimation. They continually broke decades of universe building, it doesn't look and feel like Trek to me, and the main character has far too many elements of "The Mary Sue" for my liking. I'm going to give it few more episodes but, to me, the third episode of "The Orville" was more Star Trek than an actual Star Trek series by CBS.

It's a challenge to reboot something to capture its best elements.

I think it will do alright.

I agree.

I find it hard to deal with a first officer committing mutiny in the first episode. Add in my personal abhorrence to space battle when all of the ships are within a click of each other you end up with premier that was pretty bad. And why oh why did the admiral pop into the middle of a battle that his side was losing that was started by the enemy and say something along the lines of "we can't talk when fighting". Did he not expect to get blown out of space? Seriously the more I think about it the worse it was... :)

I watched both series in the past couple of days, Seth Macfarlane is a big Star Trek fan so The Orville is a reflection of how much of a fan he is.

I am also a Star Trek fan since the original series and I did enjoy Discovery a lot. It is well done, the graphics are great and the plot so far is a good one, specially with her being Spock's sister.

I agree.

I find it hard to deal with a first officer committing mutiny in the first episode. Add in my personal abhorrence to space battle when all of the ships are within a click of each other you end up with premier that was pretty bad. And why oh why did the admiral pop into the middle of a battle that his side was losing that was started by the enemy and say something along the lines of "we can't talk when fighting". Did he not expect to get blown out of space? Seriously the more I think about it the worse it was... :)

We have to remember this was when the federation was in its infancy and their policy was to make friends and not conflict, so the admiral attitude was cowerly and Naive specially after 100 years of not dealing with klingons and not understanding their culture.

Last edited:
I would call it a Star Trek that's made to try and capture a new audience, rather than one made for longtime fans.

That's their intention. Hard to reboot a prequel when the tech is better now than it was in the original though. I see potential in it, though would rather have the Klingons speak English...hard seeing some of the visual candy and reading text.

Kaplah

I could understand this if he had warped in before the battle had been started. He came in after an unprovoked attack. Against an enemy he knew had some sort of cloaking technology. Space fleet is still a military institution and it does not hold water that an Admiral would be this stupid... :)

I watched both series in the past couple of days, Seth Macfarlane is a big Star Trek fan so The Orville is a reflection of how much of a fan he is.

I am also a Star Trek fan since the original series and I did enjoy Discovery a lot. It is well done, the graphics are great and the plot so far is a good one, specially with her being Spock's sister.

We have to remember this was when the federation was in its infancy and their policy was to make friends and not conflict, so the admiral attitude was cowerly and Naive specially after 100 years of not dealing with klingons and not understanding their culture.

Except that Sarek was very clear on stating that the Vulcan method of dealing with the Klingons might not work for the humans in this situation. It was not by any means a sure thing. To me, not very logical to mutiny over a chance of something good happening. And if she was so logical why did she kill T’Kuvma? Was she not the one who recommended capture so as to not make a martyr? Clearly her Vulcan upbringing was forgotten while getting revenge for the captain she just mutinied.

Vulcan upbringing, needs of the many over the needs of the few. It was logical to try to prevent exactly what happened.

That's their intention. Hard to reboot a prequel when the tech is better now than it was in the original though. I see potential in it, though would rather have the Klingons speak English...hard seeing some of the visual candy and reading text.

Kaplah

Oddly enough Enterprise managed to o just that, visually. It's clearly more than just possible. Unfortunately that series failed on writing, despite having the visuals right.

I would rather have the Klingons be able to speak even their own language, without sounding like they have mouths full of marbles. While their appearance was merely unfortunate, their prosthetics were abhorrently poorly designed.

adopted sister, sort of.

Insane brother, adopted sister, .... How damned big is that family anyway?!!

Vulcan upbringing, needs of the many over the needs of the few. It was logical to try to prevent exactly what happened.

Sure, except that she caused the incident and then failed to follow through with her own "logical" plan.

Then there's the other stuff that ticks me off. Star Fleet officers with obvious enhancements, when the Augment War made Earth abhor such things. Klingons with cloaking devices 10+ years before they could have them. Massive waste of space on the bridge of a paramilitary vessel (Ever seen a REAL ship's bridge?). JJ lighting on what was billed as a return to "old Trek." So. Many. Things.

Last edited:
Agree on the admiral. Michael's fully human after all and when the pressure is on, it comes out? I want the Klingon to have their language, but as a viewer it's busy reading text and trying to absorb the elaborate background. Which I think is a bit too much for a warrior race. Agree on the logistics of the bridge. Enterprise was a 100 years before Star Trek, so discovery is trying to bridge to 10 years before. Lots of things bug me between TV/movies and reality. I'll give Discovery the leeway....for now. Guess I'm giving it a benefit of the doubt on the start up.

I know it is the beginning of network premiers.

Not a lot to get excited about.

I came across Bosch. LA homicide detective in hot water.....I know it's been done before.

However, I found it keeps me entertained.

Also some actors from other shows that I've enjoyed and seeing them in something else is entertaining. I've got 3 seasons to get through and just taking my time. So far though, it looks pretty good.

just starting watching Shameless on netflix
was recommended by a few people
hard to get into at first with the large cast
but after a few episodes is very binge worthy
a collection of scoundrels with no morals
great show

Oddly enough Enterprise managed to o just that, visually. It's clearly more than just possible. Unfortunately that series failed on writing, despite having the visuals right.

I would rather have the Klingons be able to speak even their own language, without sounding like they have mouths full of marbles. While their appearance was merely unfortunate, their prosthetics were abhorrently poorly designed.

Insane brother, adopted sister, .... How damned big is that family anyway?!!

Sure, except that she caused the incident and then failed to follow through with her own "logical" plan.

Show Images

Then there's the other stuff that ticks me off. Star Fleet officers with obvious enhancements, when the Augment War made Earth abhor such things. Klingons with cloaking devices 10+ years before they could have them. Massive waste of space on the bridge of a paramilitary vessel (Ever seen a REAL ship's bridge?). JJ lighting on what was billed as a return to "old Trek." So. Many. Things.

Listening to the klingons speak is BRUTAL. I felt like sticking pencils in my ears!... It's the most annoying sound!!!! If that keeps up I can't watch it... BRUTAL!!!

Listening to the klingons speak is BRUTAL. I felt like sticking pencils in my ears!... It's the most annoying sound!!!! If that keeps up I can't watch it... BRUTAL!!!

Really?

[video=youtube;9aWKrqlO9YI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aWKrqlO9YI&list=RD9aWKrqlO9YI&t=15[/video]

Back
Top Bottom