TV shows currently watching | Page 62 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TV shows currently watching

I just cancelled netflix and got amazon prime video, any recommendations on there?

Bosch - 4 Seasons. Can be slow at times but, I still like it.

Tin Star - filmed in Canada and stars Tim Roth. Season two premiere Jan 24.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sneaky Pete, Man in the High Castle, there’s a detective thing with Billy Bob Thornton too that’s really good.
Goliath

Yeah Man In the High Castle is pretty good. I don't really know what is going on even though I finished season 1.

Just watched the first episode of "Titans" and t looks promising. Up-aging seems to work much better for teenage superheroes than it does for Archie Comics. I particularly appreciate the '80s movie style soundtrack.

Watched the first two seasons of Ray Donovan. Wasn't expecting much, but it is very good. Has a bit of a Soprano's vibe but not quite (no talking about food at all).

Yeah Man In the High Castle is pretty good. I don't really know what is going on even though I finished season 1.

lol, same here
beautifully produced show
more like film quality production than TV
but I still don't know WTF is going on

started The First on Prime last night
good cast, seems alright so far
kinda weird to see Sean Penn doing TV
must have been a big payday

Just watched the first episode of "Titans" and t looks promising. Up-aging seems to work much better for teenage superheroes than it does for Archie Comics. I particularly appreciate the '80s movie style soundtrack.

I’m enjoying it very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conan Without Borders.He does a really good job of bashing Trump.

started The First on Prime last night
good cast, seems alright so far
kinda weird to see Sean Penn doing TV
must have been a big payday

The entertainment industry is not taking chances anymore with movies, with sky high production costs. Look at all the junk on the big screen. Sure the Marvel stuff has done well and is pretty good, but what else is out there. Just remakes and revisiting the same stuff. Even Star Wars and Star Trek have flounder. Hardly anything original or compelling.

The small screen is where all the real writing is happening and the risk is lower to take. You are seeing more movie stars appearing on the small screen. All good, as we are getting some real quality stuff.

Yup, I'm convinced the character in silhouette with the hat is Fox Mulder.

I'm going to try one more episode to see if it improves.

I made it to episode 3 before tapping out. Having already seen this sort of thing done as docudrama, rather than conspiracy theory, I just can't take it. Pity, little Ksenia Solo is fun to watch.

Goliath seemed to lose steam near the end or I just wasn't as intrigued. I'll give season 2 a shot after S2 of Punisher.

On to S2 of Mrs Maisel and enjoying it.

I made it to episode 3 before tapping out. Having already seen this sort of thing done as docudrama, rather than conspiracy theory, I just can't take it. Pity, little Ksenia Solo is fun to watch.

I'm quite enjoying it. I'm treating it as fiction. Topic of UFOs always intrigues me, so maybe I'm biased. I watched several seasons of Ancient Aliens before giving up.

Also watching new season of The Orville by Seth McFarlane. It's a spoof (sort of) of Star Trek. I enjoy the space exploration aspect of it.

I'm quite enjoying it. I'm treating it as fiction. Topic of UFOs always intrigues me, so maybe I'm biased. I watched several seasons of Ancient Aliens before giving up.

Also watching new season of The Orville by Seth McFarlane. It's a spoof (sort of) of Star Trek. I enjoy the space exploration aspect of it.

I'm still occasionally watching "Ancient Aliens" when I feel that my forehead is in need of some violent 'massaging.'

I wouldn't call "The Orville" a spoof. More of an homage. Where Paramount went to Fast and Furious in space and CBS decided to make everything bright and good into grim and dark, "The Orville" is more the spiritual successor to Rodenberry's original vision than anything that currently carries the name "Star Trek." If you want actual parody then Matt Vancil is going to be releasing a book called "The Fatal Frontier" sometime soon.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1464770493/the-fatal-frontier?ref=user_menu

I'm still occasionally watching "Ancient Aliens" when I feel that my forehead is in need of some violent 'massaging.'

I wouldn't call "The Orville" a spoof. More of an homage. Where Paramount went to Fast and Furious in space and CBS decided to make everything bright and good into grim and dark, "The Orville" is more the spiritual successor to Rodenberry's original vision than anything that currently carries the name "Star Trek." If you want actual parody then Matt Vancil is going to be releasing a book called "The Fatal Frontier" sometime soon.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1464770493/the-fatal-frontier?ref=user_menu
Lol, is this guy still around?

LUvRH3k.jpg

Yeah I couldn't think of a better word than "spoof". You're right though. Thanks for the link, will check it out. Haven't read a book in years though

Speaking of books and Star Trek, have you read: Redshirts (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redshirts_%28novel%29)
It wasn't too bad, and his Old Man's War series was much better.

Edit: p.s. Dorks? Not sure that I can buy into that mess.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom