TV shows currently watching | Page 50 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TV shows currently watching

King of the Hammers
Top Gear did a piece on it...not even close to what is all involved.

Ya, And I didn't even know about King of the Hammers until last night. Paying it forward here on the thread for those interested.

Let me bring up that last post to this new page.
Anybody watching Truck Night In America? Fairly low level stuff but the Thursday episode was excellent, featuring megabuild no-compromise rigs pushed hard on a particularly difficult and varied course. Watch the top two that dominate all the way to the end. Amazing builds and machines. Seeing that 3/4 ton regularly get air and be hammered hard was super super impressive; some huge hits. And lots of eye candy for Jeep lovers. The episode is called Grudge Match (but my TV provider is currently mislabeling it as Old vs New).
http://www.history.ca/truck-night-i...grudge-match/video.html?v=1188734019737#video

Really impressive and entertaining.

TNIA is a fantastic show. Albeit the hosts are a little annoying.

Love watching a show that pulls no punches and legit tries to destroy those rigs.

Extra points for the guys and girls on that show that go balls out and ruin their stuff.

...makes me realize my Jeep is woefully under-modded and would look much better on a 5" lift and 37's :)

I had a good eye; those two rigs on the episode I first mentioned here were really impressive. No TNIA episode since has come close to approaching them. Great episode.

On a related note, anyone interested into this type of extreme vehicle enthusiast stuff should check out Shifting Gears with Aaron Kaufman. Former GM guy now pushing the envelope of more enthusiast builds that are slower, extreme and extensive on his own new show. Their recent episode 2 of season 1, "King of the Hammers" is excellent. The previous episode on the build is great too, but this recent episode is about one of the most impressive off-road races in the world today. It combines extreme desert racing with extreme rock crawling into a concurrently timed extreme endurance event (165 miles in 14 hrs). Definitely check out King of the Hammers in youtube video searches. Great episode and amazing. Some serious 6 to 7 figure full custom built rigs for the extreme. And most still don't finish.

This show has great potential. It's just starting its first season.

Cheers
It's cool being able to nest quotes :).

Forged in Fire: Knife or Death - Unless you enjoy watching over confident people constantly be knocked down a peg, don't bother. Nowhere near as interesting as the original show.

Finished watching Counterpart. Yup just like everyone stated, it is very good. I kinda liked the European vibe as well, nice break away from typical North American setting and whatnot. Simmons is very good, in one episode I swear I could hear that JJ Jamson (From Spiderman) voice..haha.
The one main plot twist was pretty obvious, and was the first thing I thought of once they really establish how this setting works etc.
Great over all.

I stopped watching shows on netflix....sometimes i work from home and its far too distracting.

Lost in space was pretty decent. And damn it Will Robinson, why do you keep screwing everything up!

Liked it. The whole of season one episodes I was waiting to get things sorted to where I knew the story line was headed. Now that that's settled, looking to season 2 to get things rolling.

started up x company ... decent and captivating somewhat

Watching the latest series of Vikings. I'm having a hard job believing Ivar (Ivor?) is a shining figurehead for his Viking clan when he's sliding around in the dirt all day. The Vikings appear to be equal opportunity employers though to be fair.

Fargo. Wasn’t sure how a tv show would work and damn it! They have! It’s brilliant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm just started to watch legion....kinda weird too artisty for my taste, like american gods, didn't really take to that either.
Near the end of episode 1 it got better though...

Hmm just started to watch legion....kinda weird too artisty for my taste, like american gods, didn't really take to that either.
Near the end of episode 1 it got better though...

Couldn't get past the first episode of legion. Hate psychotic type shows. Same as Mr. Robot. Started off so well, but lost me once the crazy kicked in.

The Expanse and Westworld are back! Gotta start catching up on the new seasons. Going to binge watch the last 5 episodes of The Terror first.

Couldn't get past the first episode of legion. Hate psychotic type shows. Same as Mr. Robot. Started off so well, but lost me once the crazy kicked in.

The Expanse and Westworld are back! Gotta start catching up on the new seasons. Going to binge watch the last 5 episodes of The Terror first.

Mr. Robot is amazing, give it another shot down the road.

Yes was just thinking that, doesn't have the artsy style to it either, but it is well shot and the story is excellent. Also if you are techy it's interesting.

I'll look in The Terror

Ah, I tried a few times already, just couldn't get back into it. Perhaps, I'll attempt to re-watch it from the beginning in a few years. A lot of other shows keeping me company for now.

Back
Top Bottom