Bickle Racing Glove Special

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bickle Racing Glove Special

Bickle Racing Glove Special

We have a special on our latest edition to Bickle Racing.
    Our Race II Glove is Premium cowhide aniline leather. With knuckle and wrist protection
    as well as reinforced palms.
    When money is tight and gloves get thinner and thinner along with more "bling,bling" the price just keeps going up!.
    We have spent five years working to find a manufacturer that will build us an "old school"
    glove. Today UV rays and sweat are the hardest thing on gloves. Also, the thinner the leather the
    quicker they wear out. So if you buy an exspensive pair of gloves they usually wear out well before you get your money out of them
    So we looked for good cowhide and basic protection where you need it.Back to basics! Internal seams to help protect them.
    These gloves currently fit a size smaller. So if you were to normally take a large in most gloves I would suggest an XL.
    Regularly $129 on for $89.
    We also have a model with slightly less wrist protection regularly $99 on for $69.
    Contact me here or at bickleracing@sympatico.ca or 905 432 8988

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bickle Glove II.jpg 
Views:	729 
Size:	86.0 KB 
ID:	30692

Re: Bickle Racing Glove Special

By "less wrist protection", do you mean shorter cuff?
    "My motorcycle isn't all your mom rode."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GetAttachment.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	30693
    Quote Originally Posted by the27thelement View Post
    By "less wrist protection", do you mean shorter cuff?
    They are very close in design, just a little less padding on the cuff and fore finger

I've been wearing these all summer. You do need to be fit a size larger IMHO as John says.

The gloves are well made, well stitched and the leather is good and thick. Having crashed in a set of cheap (actually, they were the same price as Bickle's!) gloves at Calabogie I can tell you that it's important. I wore right through a knuckle guard, leather and into my left pinky finger in that crash with a lesser glove and don't want to repeat that experience, as I will bear the scar for life.

Do you mind if I repost this to the Track Fanatics pages, John?
    --
    Track Fanatics Facebook / Events Page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/trackfanatics/
    -
    2013 RSV4 Factory APRC SBK SE ABS | 2008 GSX-R 1000 (Pro CSBK) | 2009 GSX-R 600 (Pro CSBK)
    2007.5 Tuono 1000R | 2009 KLX 140 | 2006 Burgman 650 | 2008 KX 450F

Yep they are nice gloves.

Buying a pair from John to use for 2013.

Dave had some of these in stock the last time I was there and they look like well made gloves.
    Last edited by Mina; 11-13-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    I've been wearing these all summer. You do need to be fit a size larger IMHO as John says.

The gloves are well made, well stitched and the leather is good and thick. Having crashed in a set of cheap (actually, they were the same price as Bickle's!) gloves at Calabogie I can tell you that it's important. I wore right through a knuckle guard, leather and into my left pinky finger in that crash with a lesser glove and don't want to repeat that experience, as I will bear the scar for life.

Do you mind if I repost this to the Track Fanatics pages, John?
    Not at all thanks!! And thanks for the kind words!

Planning to buy some gloves soon, how do these compare to Bickle gloves? Need advice... Only street riding

Alpinestars Octane-S Moto Gloves

Alpinestars SMX-2 Air Carbon Gloves

Alpinestars Scheme Kevlar Gloves
    Last edited by KarGo; 11-13-2012 at 10:38 PM.

How hot would these be in the summer for street use? Are there perforations between the fingers?

Hey John.Will you have any at the Jan show?I'll find my size and buy a pair for track use.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

2001 1800 Goldwing
    2011 Ossa TR280i
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"

These gloves are definitely track-focused but you could wear them on the street (I have). Personally, street or track I want a good quality glove. People that wear gloves without proper wrist protection (gauntlet) mystify me.
    --
    Track Fanatics Facebook / Events Page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/trackfanatics/
    -
    2013 RSV4 Factory APRC SBK SE ABS | 2008 GSX-R 1000 (Pro CSBK) | 2009 GSX-R 600 (Pro CSBK)

Quote Originally Posted by WoBblyCaT View Post
    How hot would these be in the summer for street use? Are there perforations between the fingers?
    No they don"t have any perforations between the fingers.Reason being that would be designing them to fail. The more seams the more holes the more bling,
    the more that can go wrong. MY opinion anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingboy View Post
    Hey John.Will you have any at the Jan show?I'll find my size and buy a pair for track use.
    +1

Will check them out if you're gonna come to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Kargo93 View Post
    Planning to buy some gloves soon, how do these compare to Bickle gloves? Need advice... Only street riding

Comparing the gloves is not something one can really do. Only becasue these have no cuff and are well ventalated. So depending on which side of the fence you stand,, would depend on which style you would use, or not use. Regardless of whether you street ride or track ride,,,your hands are usually the first to hit the ground. Gravity does not care if you ride on the road or track. I see more guys that hit the ground in one year then most do in a life time. So I lean towards the gauntlet style.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingboy View Post
    As of right now,, I'm not sure where I might be.
    I usually go up on the Saturday. But unsure of where I will be hanging out.
    But we can sort something out,,for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bickle Racing View Post
    Comparing the gloves is not something one can really do. Only becasue these have no cuff and are well ventalated. So depending on which side of the fence you stand,, would depend on which style you would use, or not use. Regardless of whether you street ride or track ride,,,your hands are usually the first to hit the ground. Gravity does not care if you ride on the road or track. I see more guys that hit the ground in one year then most do in a life time. So I lean towards the gauntlet style.
    Great, but would probably be very warm in the summer. Thanks anyways,

Quote Originally Posted by Kargo93 View Post

I have a pair of the SMX-2 Carbon (I bought a used bike and they were thrown in for free). Do yourself favour and buy decent gloves (ie. non of the ones you posted). I wear Alpnestars GP Pro both on the street and track. I've had John do work for me on a few pieces and I fully trust him if he says his gloves are good. You won't find a better deal than he's posted.
    2009 GSXR 1000 (street)
    2007 GSXR 600 (track)

FWIW, the Bickle gloves fit me better than the GP Pros. I gave mine away because they were biting into me along the top row of knuckles after an hour. YMMV.
    --
    -

FYI,,, Just sorted out some women's sizes and will have a few sets hopefully in January.

any chance I canget a blue and white