RACE and SOAR 2013 Schedules | GTAMotorcycle.com

RACE and SOAR 2013 Schedules

SOAR 2013 is done. It will be released as soon as its posted on our site so very very soon would be your answer. Possibly even today :)

Wow, a race schedule before the end of November. Good on ya!

I was right... all at GBMP and no TMP or CTMP. Not that I'm saying that's bad...

Maybe it was. Maybe it was just obvious to a SOAR member. *shrug*

Maybe it was. Maybe it was just obvious to a SOAR member. *shrug*

As it had been explained to us.. TMP ownership is still too unstable to commit to going there. And there's traditionally no open weekends at Mosport so unless the Nationals, DOCC or VRRA withdraw it's very unlikely that there would be another moto weekend.

C'est la vie.

Does that include the DDT? I haven't had a bike around there, but for cars it seemed like a decent enough course... safety would be a concern, with the two major near-corner walls. I prefered the reverse-direction perimeter before CASC-OR got all scared of their own shadows and started coning off the fast sections.

RDT is too narrow/ tight and the pavement is quite bad for big bikes. I did a couple schools instructing last year and I wouldnt consider it for SOAR. Mosport has no dates. Shannonville wont even talk to me let alone rent the track. TMP is still under unstable ownership. Bogie is too far as well as unsafe for anything more than a trackday (my opinion and seeing as I sign the cheques....) So that leaves GBM which honestly most peeps dont mind. Safe track with many configurations and amazing management. I hope one day to have us on various tracks but thats not right now unfortunately.

We are also doing a practice weekend May 11-12 at GBM

Last edited:
so if grandbend wasnt built does that mean soar would not be around anymore??
I like you Ken but that is doubtful...you would still be at TMP. If you were to just tell people the whole truth that you get better a deal a grand bend AND the management is better than people would prolly understand. I agree with you on the things you have said and grand bend is the only place I have seen that takes soar racers feedback seriously.

I dont see the behind the scenes but there is always a solution to every problem....how about a round a mosport on monday tues instead of a weekend? you are giving people 6-8 months notice to get the time off if they need to. How about a third party to deal with SMP?? bogie isnt in the area soar has always been so I wont even try. And finally TMP, sign a dam post dated check so they cant run off with the money. Its one round so you could rescudule if you had to.....you did two weekends this year.

When we were at TMP I was only 35 mins from the track. I thought it was great.
Till we went to GBM......everything is better.
The track has multiple layouts, all of which can be run in reverse. The owners and staff are great. There is drinkable water. The bathrooms don't stink like a sewer. The pit area is secluded enough from the racing, that you can hold a coversation or listen to the radio...try that from the pits at TMP,LOL. It's deafening. After racing, the town with beach, restaurants, golf, nightlife, gas stations, hardware stores, and grocery shopping are all five minutes away. My sponsor's shop for parts, service, and accessories , Platinum Powersports is only a half hr away, which came in super handy a bunch of times for me, my team, many other racers and the Racer 5 school.
We didn't realize what a hole TMP is compared to GBM, untill we had gotten used to racing at GBM...then went back to TMP for a track day. It quickly became very obvious how much TMP sucks in comparison, and I happily drive the extra 75 minutes each way and pay the extra $100 in fuel to race at GBM instead.

so if grandbend wasnt built does that mean soar would not be around anymore??
I like you Ken but that is doubtful...you would still be at TMP. If you were to just tell people the whole truth that you get better a deal a grand bend AND the management is better than people would prolly understand. I agree with you on the things you have said and grand bend is the only place I have seen that takes soar racers feedback seriously.

I dont see the behind the scenes but there is always a solution to every problem....how about a round a mosport on monday tues instead of a weekend? you are giving people 6-8 months notice to get the time off if they need to. How about a third party to deal with SMP?? bogie isnt in the area soar has always been so I wont even try. And finally TMP, sign a dam post dated check so they cant run off with the money. Its one round so you could rescudule if you had to.....you did two weekends this year.

Phil, there is way more going on at TMP than worrying about money. What if we book dates and they are gone how would you like to plan for a six round series and end up with three?Dont think it could happen? You would be sadly mitaken and I am not prepared to roll the dice. Like you said you have no idea whats going on behind the scenes and its not about the costs. Thats a little harsh and I take a little offense to it that I am somehow hiding info. First I dont owe anyone an explanation, its my company and I write the cheques and have to operate it the best that I see fit. Come see me and I will tell you whats going on if your interested that much but I will not be posting it here.
I am also not trying a 20plus thousand dollar gamble on a Mon-Tues race at Mosport (if I could even get a date) I could still try if you would like to jump in as a financier I have reached out to SMP every year since 2009 and have yet to even get a call from Mr Gautier so just how do you figure I could do a deal there? Hell he handed out a flyer to all his competitors as well as held a meeting with all his sponsors blaming me for RACE's demise. BTW Its been a one track show since the 90s and everyone is ok with that?????
It never ceases to amaze me that now matter what is done someone is always annoyed/****** off because it doesnt suit their fancy. I try the best I can and have spent tens of thousands of dollars of my own money floating this series for the first two seasons . It has become the biggest in the country and yet its still not enough. Sigh

Thanks for getting the schedule done so quickly, Kneedragger88! I can't wait to ride the Modified and Long track configurations. And knowing the schedule so early like this lets me book some Calabogie TDs for the boyfriend as a Christmas gift without having to worry about a schedule conflict with SOAR. :)

See you guys in May, if not at the bike shows.

Snipes, as with any business, you have to make the best decision at the time based on what you have available at the time. When SOAR started, Grand Bend (road course) didn't exist. Now that it does, it's the best choice. It doesn't matter what would have happened if the Grand Bend course had not been built.

But now that it has ... I'm fine with going there. It would be nice to have another track (as was the original plan this past year) but under the circumstances, so be it. The facility and the surroundings are better than TMP.

Post dated check (to TMP) doesn't do a whole lot of good if people commit to a weekend and then the bank locks the gates. We've already been through the exercise of rescheduling a race weekend because of TMP uncertainty (this past year) and it was not a good one. If committing to Grand Bend means greater certainty ... that's the way to go.

As for having a third party rent Shannonville, do you really think they wouldn't be able to figure out what's going on? The mere existence of a cross-town competitor is a thorn in the side of the accountant who runs that place.

I will be renewing my SOAR license. For the first time in 20 years, I will not be renewing my RACE license, unless they do something drastic that would suggest that they want us back. Any guesses on the probability of that?

It never ceases to amaze me that now matter what is done someone is always annoyed/****** off because it doesnt suit their fancy. I try the best I can and have spent tens of thousands of dollars of my own money floating this series for the first two seasons . It has become the biggest in the country and yet its still not enough. Sigh

Ken, don't worry about it. You don't need to.

FYI, don't put me down as criticising. I'm really not... it's not a series I can realistically take part in, anyways. It was just a general thought process about how TMP is going, so I commented on it. FYI, don't want anyone to think I was talking SOAR down, it's been doing better than another racing club/org that I could mention in some ways...

Phil, there is way more going on at TMP than worrying about money. What if we book dates and they are gone how would you like to plan for a six round series and end up with three?Dont think it could happen? You would be sadly mitaken and I am not prepared to roll the dice. Like you said you have no idea whats going on behind the scenes and its not about the costs. Thats a little harsh and I take a little offense to it that I am somehow hiding info. First I dont owe anyone an explanation, its my company and I write the cheques and have to operate it the best that I see fit. Come see me and I will tell you whats going on if your interested that much but I will not be posting it here.
I am also not trying a 20plus thousand dollar gamble on a Mon-Tues race at Mosport (if I could even get a date) I could still try if you would like to jump in as a financier I have reached out to SMP every year since 2009 and have yet to even get a call from Mr Gautier so just how do you figure I could do a deal there? Hell he handed out a flyer to all his competitors as well as held a meeting with all his sponsors blaming me for RACE's demise. BTW Its been a one track show since the 90s and everyone is ok with that?????

Where the hell did all that come from. You know I will sit down with you anytime and talk for days about whats going on...it does in fact interest me. And if I wasn't a student I wouldn't hesitate in financing a round at mosport during the week. Now that I have raced in your association and been around for a while I would jump on it. That is another thing we could talk about as in a few years I hope I will be back in a seat where that might be possible. taking personal offense is crazy as I never said that the series isn't good enough. Neither did I say I was annoyed/****** off. I have thanked you and many of the people involved for putting on a great series and doing more than is called for.

Im hoping you just took my comments out of context because you have to deal with so many things and people all the time. As far as RACE is concerned I have no idea whats going on there so I cant comment. but RACE blaming you is absurd because a better product will always sell better.

Back
Top Bottom