RACE and SOAR 2013 Schedules | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

RACE and SOAR 2013 Schedules

TMP is one hour from my house (Buffalo,NY). I would much rather drive to GBM any day rather than TMP. It's a little further but I don't even mind. It's a great facuility. This past year was my first season getting into racing myself, I had a blast. Everyone at SOAR was awesome! Ken was my school instructor and pointed out a few things about my riding. I adjusted and instantly felt faster and more confident! Thanks to SOAR for getting the schedule out so fast! Planning for an endurance team and sprints next season!

How's this for input. We've been going to RACE for many years now, had been invited to try SOAR many times over the last cpl years. Finally went up there last month & was extremly impressed with the organisation....so much that going to RACE is 3 1\2 hrs for us & SOAR is 8 hrs....& we'll be making the extra drive to go up & have fun there anytime!

...congrats Ken for the early schedule release! Doubt we'll be attending all rounds but we'll be up there a cpl times next year for sure! Keep up the hard work!

so if grandbend wasnt built does that mean soar would not be around anymore??
I like you Ken but that is doubtful...you would still be at TMP. If you were to just tell people the whole truth that you get better a deal a grand bend AND the management is better than people would prolly understand. I agree with you on the things you have said and grand bend is the only place I have seen that takes soar racers feedback seriously.

I dont see the behind the scenes but there is always a solution to every problem....how about a round a mosport on monday tues instead of a weekend? you are giving people 6-8 months notice to get the time off if they need to. How about a third party to deal with SMP?? bogie isnt in the area soar has always been so I wont even try. And finally TMP, sign a dam post dated check so they cant run off with the money. Its one round so you could rescudule if you had to.....you did two weekends this year.

Maybe this might simplify things.
The guy that owns Shannonville OWNS RACE,,, so that's a conflict
Mosport goes thru cycles and currently they will not renew Motorcycle dates. So if a date is lost it will be lost for good to motorcycles. At least until the car industry hits a new low or the new owners get fed up and need money.
The RDT track at Mosport is a great trackday track but way to narrow for racing.
TMP has been in and out of the news for years and with what I know,,,and what Ken has to loose,,it does not make any sense for him to sign a deal there.
Calabogie has a lot of guard rail. Great for track days but running regional racing there is open to opinions and Ken qualified that with "His" cheque book.
If Grand Bend did not open, SOAR would probably still be at TMP. FACT,,Grand Bend is open and SOAR is there. That fact alone ,I believe is what has helped SOAR tremendously. Look at what the owners of Grand Bend have offered up to SOAR. If SOAR had to stay at TMP do you think the growth of SOAR would be the same? I highly doubt it.

Phil, there...It has become the biggest in the country and yet its still not enough. Sigh

Based on?
Total racer entrants?
Spectator turnout?
Racer contingency?
Gross Income/Net Income?

Regardless, keep up the good work Ken, when motorcycle racing is bigger than hockey in Canada you can take some time off... ;)

Regardless, keep up the good work Ken, when motorcycle racing is bigger than hockey in Canada you can take some time off... ;)

Considering how there is no professional hockey being played in 2012, I would say it already is.

Too bad nothing could have been arranged with Cayuga and Dunville (F-U OMB, even though you just approved Fort Erie :-S)

Could have both tracks, maybe run both in each direction...

I'll be joining SOAR next season. I'm so excited to come out and meet new people!

Phil, there is way more going on at TMP than worrying about money. What if we book dates and they are gone how would you like to plan for a six round series and end up with three?Dont think it could happen? You would be sadly mitaken and I am not prepared to roll the dice. Like you said you have no idea whats going on behind the scenes and its not about the costs. Thats a little harsh and I take a little offense to it that I am somehow hiding info. First I dont owe anyone an explanation, its my company and I write the cheques and have to operate it the best that I see fit. Come see me and I will tell you whats going on if your interested that much but I will not be posting it here.
I am also not trying a 20plus thousand dollar gamble on a Mon-Tues race at Mosport (if I could even get a date) I could still try if you would like to jump in as a financier I have reached out to SMP every year since 2009 and have yet to even get a call from Mr Gautier so just how do you figure I could do a deal there? Hell he handed out a flyer to all his competitors as well as held a meeting with all his sponsors blaming me for RACE's demise. BTW Its been a one track show since the 90s and everyone is ok with that?????
It never ceases to amaze me that now matter what is done someone is always annoyed/****** off because it doesnt suit their fancy. I try the best I can and have spent tens of thousands of dollars of my own money floating this series for the first two seasons . It has become the biggest in the country and yet its still not enough. Sigh
Clearly you cant please all the people all the time. And clearly you need to do what is best for your business. However the luxury in you putting your business first also means the series is first. I plan on running in SOAR next season and wouldnt do so without doing my research. I think your team is doing a great job. Keep it up.

I'm thinking of returning to racing this coming year, even if just to wet my toes a bit... but having moved out to eastern Ontario, now Shannonville is only 60 clicks away, but I know RACE is going to suck badly again... I would have prefered a SOAR event.

I guess I'll wait till 2014, see what the schedules look like that year.

The RACE schedule is out. One conflict with SOAR (last round, Sept 20-22). The June event is national only. For anyone competing in the nationals, July and early August are a mess. Who is going to do RACE's July round the weekend after having just done Shubie and St-Eustache on consecutive weekends? And the national at Mont-Tremblant is date TBA but is given as round 4 and can only be on one of three possible weekends, the last of which conflicts with the early Aug Fabi round and is the weekend before Mosport, and the first of which would be third national weekend in a row (and would conflict with one of the RACE rounds). Hopefully the Mont-Tremblant round would be on the middle of those three weekends, but who's going to do that, then a regional, then Mosport on consecutive weekends?

Doesn't change my mind ...

Copied from http://www.cherrypickerracing.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=2

2013 RACE SUPERSERIES SCHEDULE

May 17, 18 & 19, 2013 SMP Pro
June 7, 8 & 9, 2013 SMP – Pro - National Race
July 19, 20 & 21, 2013 SMP Long
August 2, 3 & 4, 2013 SMP Fabi
August 30 & 31, September 1, 2013 SMP Long
September 20, 21, &22, 2013 SMP Pro track

May 31 & June 1 & 2, 2013 VRRA (Vintage Road Racing Festival)
July 6 & 7, 2013 VRRA (Vintage Road Racing Festival)

2013 RACE SCHOOLS

May 4, May 5, May 17, and July 19, 2013

2013 RACE TEST DAYS
May 4, 2013 SMP Fabi track
May 5, 2013 SMP Nelson track

Regional Events: SMP
Spectator: Friday $5, Saturday $10, Sunday $15
Weekend Ticket $25 Kids under 12 free

National Events: SMP
Spectator: Friday $15, Saturday $20, Sunday $30
Weekend Ticket $50 Kids under 12 free

Was just on their site looking for it to list @ Track Fanatics, it isn't on the Shannonville site yet.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Several off-topic posts about matters unrelated to the topic at hand have been removed. Back to regularly scheduled programming.

Back
Top Bottom