Looking to rent Workshop / Garage space in Toronto? (possibly shared) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking to rent Workshop / Garage space in Toronto? (possibly shared)

I didn't actually realize that your suggestion of working the back of an old RV in a parking lot or someones back yard, outside of the city was actually a serious suggestion. Would my bikes and tools be safer over night in the back of a 'old crappy RV' or at storage mart unit shared with one other like minded individual?

Haha, yes it was partially serious for people that have NO other option.

My jest in calling you a liar was, of course, about watching too much Breaking Bad.

Did anything ever come of this?

I'm looking at the Storage Mart near Eglington and Laird, might go out and visit soon.

My buddy in Sarnia has a rental unit. Stand alone garage 1.5 bays ish rents for $200/m. Hydro included. Pretty much the garage paid for itself after a few years he built it. Never empty as there's a bit of a waiting list.

A few years ago I kept my bike etc. at All Canadian Storage on Laird near Millwood. They are a drive in facility, which is a bonus because they will allow you to run your motor inside. Most storage places won't. Down side is that if you needed power you needed to use your own generator. Plus it was very expensive for a properly sized unit (10x10). There was another couple of guys who worked on their bikes over the winter, and this was well known by the management. Ownership actually thought it was pretty cool.

Later I went in with 8 people on an 800 sq. ft. space in the Junction. Holy crap what a load of headaches. After a year and a half they got booted out because there was always someone breaking the noise rules or other issues (one guy tried to spray paint his bike with only some lame sheets of drop cloth hung on three sides. People in other units complained when they kept smelling fumes. I was on good terms with the ownership and transferred to a 10x15 space, and kept doing my own thing. But no running the motor, so maintenance often included rolling the bike out and back from the parking lot.

After a while it became a real drag, plus the cost of just the space sailed way higher than storing my track bike at a shop and just having their mechanic do the work for me. If I ever want to do anything, like paint, track day, etc., I just call ahead and pick it up with a UHaul trailer, then return it when I'm done.

I'm using Riders Choice, who are also my preferred track day provider. So they also bring my bike for me to their track days. A real plus, because you feel like a factory rider just showing up with your gear and a good night's rest, and no drama!

So as a condo/apartment dweller in the city, this has been my best solution I've found. And by far the cheapest!

I'm using Riders Choice, who are also my preferred track day provider. So they also bring my bike for me to their track days. A real plus, because you feel like a factory rider just showing up with your gear and a good night's rest, and no drama!
That's sounds absolutely awesome :D

My buddy in Sarnia has a rental unit. Stand alone garage 1.5 bays ish rents for $200/m. Hydro included. Pretty much the garage paid for itself after a few years he built it. Never empty as there's a bit of a waiting list.

A couple of years ago I tried a trial balloon of sharing my shop to defray costs. There wasn't much interest.

^^

Location plays a key factor. Plus the living costs in general in Narnia is a lot cheaper than Toronto/GTA. Remember in Toronto most people don't have a project due to increased living cost, and 2+ hr a day commute is common. Image making $50k+ a year and living in a house that cost $125-$250k? If you get your training course(CPET) a job in the plants ie, shell, nova, etc, does exist. Commuting is around 30 minutes by car, and insurance is 10x less than Toronto. I live in Kingston and insurance for my vfr is under $400 for the year. Just for fun I put in my inlaw PC in Markham, and insurance was well over $2000 for the same just liability coverage.

http://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Single-Family/15628846/506-CHANTEL-Court-SARNIA-Ontario-N7S6H7

$160k for this Image Toronto price... $300k+

http://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Single-Family/15811708/1437-MC-CRIE-ST-SARNIA-Ontario-N7S3M3

$200k for this I wonder what this would go for in Toronto.

If you got a cool million

http://www.realtor.ca/Residential/Single-Family/15221713/504-WOODROWE-Avenue-SARNIA-Ontario-N7T2W2

remember detached houses in the Bridal Patch in Markham around going around 1.1mil+ now

Last edited:
Hey All,

Just a quick note that we offer garage space to rent starting at $45 / month. We are located downtown at Dupont and Dufferin.
This includes heat / ac, wifi, full security system, fully stocked tools (or you can bring your own), tire changer, compressor, carb sync etc etc etc, as well as workshops and social events. We're called Moto Revere, we're new, and we're glad you found us ;)

www.motorevere.com

who did you rent from? which location?
It was a public storage franchise location in woodstock

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

So...some one has resurrected this Cursed thread again....

...Subscribed!

Bumping this because I'm looking for a long term space for a build project. Moto Revere is confusing - showing garage in their social pics, but their website is down to just a products page - memberships is 404 and other pages seem dormant since 2017.

Looking for a proper garage workspace, not a storage unit. Have most of my own tools which I'd prefer to keep there. Secure space is critical. Bigger items like power tools, welding, pulleys, etc., would be nice if possible. Access after regular business hours and weekends is key.

I live by Union Station but have a car so able to drive outside of downtown.

I'd even be potentially interested in renting part of someone else's unused space if they were able to accommodate. Seems to be lots of vacant and underutilized commercial buildings around Etobicoke and Malton, etc.

Cheers.

Bumping this because I'm looking for a long term space for a build project. Moto Revere is confusing - showing garage in their social pics, but their website is down to just a products page - memberships is 404 and other pages seem dormant since 2017.

Looking for a proper garage workspace, not a storage unit. Have most of my own tools which I'd prefer to keep there. Secure space is critical. Bigger items like power tools, welding, pulleys, etc., would be nice if possible. Access after regular business hours and weekends is key.

I live by Union Station but have a car so able to drive outside of downtown.

I'd even be potentially interested in renting part of someone else's unused space if they were able to accommodate. Seems to be lots of vacant and underutilized commercial buildings around Etobicoke and Malton, etc.

Cheers.
I'm out of that market now but wasn't aware of a lot of economical space now. There was lots when I bought my condo. A lot were also free rent, just pay the expenses. Taxes, maintenance fees, utilities etc. Those could be close to $1.00 per square foot per month.

The catch was if they found an actual money paying renter you had to vacate on short notice.

I bought in the recession of the early 1990's and sold about ten years ago. I miss the space but not the bills.

Driving out: A friend from Barrie recently did a repair near the St Lawrence Market. It took him two hours to get to the 400 and 401 for his trip home. A bicycle might have been faster.

Back
Top Bottom