Anyone interested in doing Jennings GP in Feb??? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone interested in doing Jennings GP in Feb???

reviving an old thread,

Having the winter blues, looking if anyone is doing this again in 2015?

Possible late Feb - early March. Does anyone have access to travel medical insurance that will cover track days in the US? The one I used a couple of years ago (Atlas Insurance) appears to no longer offer the option of removing the "high risk activity" exclusion. If there is a way around that show stopper, I am up for it.

Possible late Feb - early March. Does anyone have access to travel medical insurance that will cover track days in the US? The one I used a couple of years ago (Atlas Insurance) appears to no longer offer the option of removing the "high risk activity" exclusion. If there is a way around that show stopper, I am up for it.

Brian, I received an email confirmation from Andre that the previous high risk clause is included in the policy now.

I've continued using this for my coverage for the US track days. You have to join us for NYST, I would have to say that the layout is better than Mid Ohio.

Brian, I received an email confirmation from Andre that the previous high risk clause is included in the policy now.

I've continued using this for my coverage for the US track days. You have to join us for NYST, I would have to say that the layout is better than Mid Ohio.

I was wondering the same thing to give to try the NYST next year, would you be able to send me more info about the track layout compared to Shanny/Bogie/Mosport? Also more info about the insur coverage if you don't mind. Tnks i appreciated

I was wondering the same thing to give to try the NYST next year, would you be able to send me more info about the track layout compared to Shanny/Bogie/Mosport? Also more info about the insur coverage if you don't mind. Tnks i appreciated

Sempre, the main difference is elevation changes, There's elevation change of about 180ft (don't quote me on that). With the elevation change and the off camber turns, the turns make you pucker until you come to know what to expect.

The layout includes fast sweepers, blind corners and technical S sections. In general it is a fast flowing track where you'll really only need to touch the brakes on the front straight and turn 12.

Of the Cdn tracks, I've hit them all, and the US tracks, Barber, Mid Ohio, Jennings, I'll have to rank NYST as the best, but with Calabogie as a very close tie. The main diff is that cost wise Calabogie is getting ridiculous at about $280 for a week end day.

Tnks DVS for your feed back. I reply as well on the other post - Insur for track days.

Will be heading down February 11 for the weekend heading back Monday night or Tuesday morning depending on how I feel after Monday track day. Look for the Ontario Plates and say hello

Going down for feb 14-15-16

Just heard from a new friend (met her the last time at Jennings) was in a terrible accident at Jennings today and was air lifted to hospital. Irocian, what happened?

Due to weather being 0 on the Saturday we didn't go as planned just heard the news as well.

It's pretty bad ... broken pelvis, broken arm with the bone sticking out and major concussion :(

Prayers and thoughts are with her

I was out there this weekend.
It was not easy seeing the chopper arrive and take off with her. It could have been much worst, a turn 2 crash :(
All the best to the lady...
Other then that bad crash, it needed up being a great weekend at JGP. Mornings a little cold but great conditions after 11AM.

I was out there this weekend.
It was not easy seeing the chopper arrive and take off with her. It could have been much worst, a turn 2 crash :(
All the best to the lady...
Other then that bad crash, it needed up being a great weekend at JGP. Mornings a little cold but great conditions after 11AM.

What exactly happened? I understand there was a collision with 2 bikes

Sunny all day. With 10c in the morning but 15+ after 11. The sun makes it feel a lot wormer.
I did TMP in late October with 14c, but the wind and lack of humidity made it a lot cooler in TMP.

She was trying to pass on the inside of turn 2, as the other novice rider was driving too far out of the race line, I guess she thought she will make it in there, but the second rider came back and the collided right at the apex of turn 2.
She was the inside bike and the other rider was out.

Similar crash this past weekend at Jennings. Same place, turn 2, two bikes collided. The Toronto rider suffered a broken collar bone and bruises. The other rider took a chopper ride to Gainesville trauma centre. When he left he was paralyzed from the waist down. Not sure of his situation now

Back
Top Bottom