Anyone interested in doing Jennings GP in Feb??? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone interested in doing Jennings GP in Feb???

Guys that wanted to go are falling like flies .. lol ..

Only a few weeks left before we have to secure it all up. Interested .. ?

$325 for 3 track days sat thru Mon hotels around $50 a night. Going down there Feb 21 thru 25th not planning on more then $800

Just finsihed 2 track days here at Jennings great track! will come agian for sure friendly staff and great riders and seeing some AMA teams running practices great experience! We did it for $1000 including track day cost of $325 for 3 days.

Glad to hear it was a good time. Im going to be there March 9-11th and am super excited!

LOL just got back today give a guy time I gave you a report night before driving back! Have a few nice shots of the flames shooting out of my exhaust! Have to tune that bike up a bit but was a great experience. Shop around for hotels we got one in Valdosta for $40 a night and clean some others not so much so look around. If I can find the name where I stayed i'll post it. Quick 20 ride to Jennings at exit 16 off I75 with harbor freight just 2 mins away.

LOL just got back today give a guy time I gave you a report night before driving back! Have a few nice shots of the flames shooting out of my exhaust! Have to tune that bike up a bit but was a great experience. Shop around for hotels we got one in Valdosta for $40 a night and clean some others not so much so look around. If I can find the name where I stayed i'll post it. Quick 20 ride to Jennings at exit 16 off I75 with harbor freight just 2 mins away.

yeah thats where we stay as well.. theres a bank of hotels in the area.

To those interested in a good clean and cheap hotel its the Country hearth 5 mins from harbour freight exit 16 on hwy 75. Also just saw news TOBC racing entering with the big boys they were parked right across from us all weekend, great to see they are making the push. Really organized and well run team and very friendly with advice to anyone they saw and also helped with people put bike stands on when you came in like you were part of their team.

Maybe I should have just started a new thread but curious to hear from the people who have actually been there. How is the weather in Feb and March at jennings ? Assuming they dont get another polar vortex ! What types of temps would you expect at end of Feb is when I am thinking of booking for 2015.

And has anyone ever gone any further into Florida for a mid winter track day other than Jennings and if so where ?

Thanks

Going down again valentine's week. Weather was great high 70's. I choose Feb over March due to march break and more traffic and higher costs of motels and hotels but that's just me.

Trust me watch the weather for trip down and have a 2 day period to get there as weather can get a little brutal driving down there.

I am going to look into going this year. I just bought a track bike and have only gotten a chance to ride it for about 10 laps and GBM so far. I am hoping to go again this weekend but would really like to get some more time in. I think it will be a nice way to break up the winter monotony. I was wondering about the logistics of draining your antifreeze down there. I am going to have to add antifreeze to my bike for winter storage and for sure on the trailer ride down. Not sure how one would dispose of it when they get to florida and add water/water wetter. Seems like a messy job to do trackside.

I am going to look into going this year. I just bought a track bike and have only gotten a chance to ride it for about 10 laps and GBM so far. I am hoping to go again this weekend but would really like to get some more time in. I think it will be a nice way to break up the winter monotony. I was wondering about the logistics of draining your antifreeze down there. I am going to have to add antifreeze to my bike for winter storage and for sure on the trailer ride down. Not sure how one would dispose of it when they get to florida and add water/water wetter. Seems like a messy job to do trackside.

Drain your cooling system, and bring bike down there with nothing in it.
Once your there you can fill it up with water/water wetter.

For those talking about the weather, one year i recall there was frost on the bikes one morning. By mid morning it was nice out, and guys were dragging their knees out on the track.
It is a great winter get away with the bikes.

Is February the preferred time of winter to go to Jennings? I assume people stay in hotels and not camp at the track because its cold at night?

Cheap to stay in Georgia around $40-45 a night for 2

Back
Top Bottom