BAD REVIEW "Rosey Toes Motorcycles Inc" | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BAD REVIEW "Rosey Toes Motorcycles Inc"

ted's good for tire changes, cheap rates, IIF you don't care about scratching up your wheels

If I had a street bike I wanted to sell, I would get him to safety it.

If I was eyeing a particular street bike and wanted to ensure it was safe/safetied, I'd go elsewhere.

you guys are assuming way too much...i dont include the safety in my price, and i dont do a safety until i get the money to get the safety done (reason being is that safetys do expire, and it has taken me as long as 6 months to sell a bike before). If they have a mechanic they want the bike safetied with, then they pay out of pocket. what usually ends up happening is that they want the thing safetied as fast as possible, so I get the one and only guy i know that does house calls, plus he's cheap (which the buyer is usually fond of). I've never had someone come back to me saying there were issues with a bike that I didnt mention to them before.

I'm just saying, that's the majority of buyers out there, buy now, ask questions later. Usually, their minds are made up before they even talk to the seller. It's not uncommon for people to buy bikes unsafetied either (in which case, they get it safetied themselves after purchase).

say if you hired a general contractor to renovate a house, and he had a painter that does a quick and decent job with good rates, but you wanted to paint the house with your own painter meaning it would cost more but the job was better. I merely reference Ted as an option, I've never forced anyone to use him. But guess who theyre going to choose, Ted who costs $60, or Z1 who costs $100+.

tl;dr, people i've dealt with in the past don't care about their safety. If I actually had a buyer who was anal about these things I'd let them do whatever they want until they were comfortable with buying the bike...okay?

We're not assuming anything, its right there in your own words. If you're selling a bike you go to get the safety there because of obvious reasons. Its not your safety therefore its not your concern. Now on the other hand if you're buying it you wanna make sure its good to go, and thats why you said you'd go elsewhere. You can't claim otherwise because the fact that you go elsewhere when its your safety on the line speaks volumes.

the part i underlined isn't even close to the same thing, as others have pointed out. you're not painting a wall, you're checking over a motorcycle and certifying that it is safe to operate.

Safeties are a scam, especially a Rosey Toes one...LOL..How can you sign a safety when you just glanced at the bike on the back of a truck, and its missing all the required parts like mirrors and signals. Not to mention you have not even turned the key to make sure it even runs...IMO its just another way for places like that to make a quick $60...

I bet you could get a Rosey Toes safety if you brought just a picture of the bike, or just a few parts from it...

That being said I have sent a lot of people his way for a quick and cheap safety, but I knew the bikes were safe and they just needed the safety to register the bike...I would never send anyone there to get an actual inspection to determine if the bike was actually safe....As that cant be done by simply glancing at a bike...

Safeties are a scam, especially a Rosey Toes one...LOL..How can you sign a safety when you just glanced at the bike on the back of a truck, and its missing all the required parts like mirrors and signals. Not to mention you have not even turned the key to make sure it even runs...IMO its just another way for places like that to make a quick $60...

I bet you could get a Rosey Toes safety if you brought just a picture of the bike, or just a few parts from it...

That being said I have sent a lot of people his way for a quick and cheap safety, but I knew the bikes were safe and they just needed the safety to register the bike...I would never send anyone there to get an actual inspection to determine if the bike was actually safe....As that cant be done by simply glancing at a bike...

one day it's going to come back and bight him the the ***....

Believe it our not you dont even need an engine in a vehicle to do a safety. The vehicle doesn't even need to run. Most people don't believe me when I tell them this but it's true.

Not true the vehicle has to stop from a certain speed unless you are a really good pusher.

(3) The service brake system shall be tested by stopping the unloaded vehicle
from a speed of not less than 15 kilometres per hour in the shortest possible
distance on a substantially level, dry, and smooth paved surface free from loose
material without locking any steering or driving wheel brake, and there shall be
no brake pull either to the left or to the right.

Not true the vehicle has to stop from a certain speed unless you are a really good pusher.

(3) The service brake system shall be tested by stopping the unloaded vehicle
from a speed of not less than 15 kilometres per hour in the shortest possible
distance on a substantially level, dry, and smooth paved surface free from loose
material without locking any steering or driving wheel brake, and there shall be
no brake pull either to the left or to the right.

You do realize that's not fast at all right? Most people jog faster then that.

However you are still correct in the fact that it appears i n 2006 there was a change in the standards requiring the vehicle to be running to test certain componenets. So I stand corrected. If anyone wants the specifics here is the link.

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/regs/english/elaws_regs_900611_e.htm

Last edited:
Yes its not that fast but most shops do a test drive as part of the safety now. I also posted before I looked up the speed I though it was faster.

Believe it our not you dont even need an engine in a vehicle to do a safety. The vehicle doesn't even need to run. Most people don't believe me when I tell them this but it's true.

Yeah I guess the vehicle would be pretty safe if it cant move.....

Yeah I guess the vehicle would be pretty safe if it cant move.....
It's actually true, engine and transmission were never part of a safety inspection.
You do need a way to test the brakes so in theory it should be working but not necessarily.

It's actually true, engine and transmission were never part of a safety inspection.
You do need a way to test the brakes so in theory it should be working but not necessarily.

Im dont know about the actual regulation on starting the bike, but I would expect the key to be turned on. Working signals and brake lights are required for safety, and the only way I know how to test those is by turning on the bike. Further more all my ZX6R's require the bike to be started for the headlight to come on, which I am pretty sure a working headlight is also required by safety inspection ..As for actually riding the bike being required I am not sure, but my main point is I have literally whet there with a bike on the back of a truck. No signals and no mirror, he glanced at it for one second and signed the safety....I dont consider that a legitimate safety "inspection", hes not skipping a few steps, hes skipping all of them and just signing a paper....The only thing he is sure of is that you have a bike.....Heck he didnt even look at the VIN number to make sure the bike was the actual bike matching the paperwork hes signing the safety for..LOL

Last edited:
I also posted before I looked up the speed I though it was faster.

It actually is faster. 15Km/hr is a Schedule 1 requirment. Sched 1-5 do not apply to motorcycles. Sched 6 is 2 wheel motorcycles and 6.1 is 3 wheel (Two front wheels).
Sched 6 (Brakes Section) says.......

"(7) With the service brakes properly adjusted, the service brake system shall be tested by stopping the motorcycle on a substantially level, dry, smooth, paved surface free from loose material and, from a rate of speed of not less than 30 kilometres per hour, with heavy pedal or, where applicable, heavy pedal and lever control force,(a) the motorcycle shall come to a complete stop within seven metres;
(b) no component shall fail; and
(c) each wheel brake shall release immediately after the control force is removed."

On the other hand, I took a bike there to be certified from a girl I was seeing and he did a true inspection, even tighten up the steering nut, then asked me if I wanted my own bike chain lubbed no charge.

Just offering he other side of the story. I wouldn't take my bike there for something serious but the guy did a good job with the certification

I've been to Rosey Toes a few times, the guy is awesome!! knows bikes better than anyone and is a straight shooter. no ********, prices are amazing!

Being a new motorcycle rider, I took my 2013 Ninja to Ted. He went over the bike and recommended rear tire change with chain adjustments to 'safety certify' the bike. Ted is extremely friendly, knowledgeable and approachable for newbies like me. He gave many tips as well for safe riding. Highly recommend this place

Customer Review: BAD:mad::mad:

"Rosey Toes Motorcycles Inc"

131 Wendell Ave, North York, ON M9N3K9 (Wilson/Weston Rd)

Very bad service:mad:, Rude workers:mad:, dont want to give you a hand to get the bike into or out of the shop:confused:, Over priced. scratches on my R1, Rust on my bike, poorly Kept, out in the rain VERY BAD MISTAKE to bring my motorcycle there.:(
Went there to inquire about fixing my bike. Before I could ask a question I was yelled at by a mechanic. “Don’t come in the shop”. Then he tried to ask me what I wanted. I turned around and left. What an awful way to greet and treat customers.

Went there to inquire about fixing my bike. Before I could ask a question I was yelled at by a mechanic. “Don’t come in the shop”. Then he tried to ask me what I wanted. I turned around and left. What an awful way to greet and treat customers.
They should post signs

Insurance normally doesnt cover customers in the shop. That is why most shops have doors/signs/chains. Obviously they didnt handle it in a great way.

Not sure I'd walk into the back during covid, even if they asked me to.

No it's common sense.

I don't go walking into the bakery at Loblaws, or into an active construction worksite.
To be fair, unless things have changed drastically over there they don't really have a customer reception area or anything either. It can be unclear if they even know you're there lol

Back
Top Bottom