BAD REVIEW "Rosey Toes Motorcycles Inc" | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BAD REVIEW "Rosey Toes Motorcycles Inc"

ted's good for tire changes, cheap rates, IIF you don't care about scratching up your wheels

If I had a street bike I wanted to sell, I would get him to safety it.

If I was eyeing a particular street bike and wanted to ensure it was safe/safetied, I'd go elsewhere.

ted's good for tire changes, cheap rates, IIF you don't care about scratching up your wheels

If I was eyeing a particular street bike and wanted to ensure it was safe/safetied, I'd go elsewhere.

So you'd sell a bike knowing it had a queationable safety? Would you disclose this to the buyer?

So you'd sell a bike knowing it had a queationable safety? Would you disclose this to the buyer?

Ted is getting better now...he won't let things go. BUT he isn't stickey about aftermarket blinkers......or spike bar ends....or HID's. A lot of other shops try and rip ppl off...or give them a hard time about silly things.

-

I'm neutral when it comes to Ted. He is a good guy....know what you are paying for. He is in it to make a living, there aren't many bike shops that have lasted for a as long as he has...

The prices have really gone up there in the last 5 years and never leave a bike there without getting a quote. Tell Ted that if the he goes up over the quoted price then to give you a call. My buddy left a bike there for some carb work and a new tire ($120) and it cost him $1000 and the bike ran like **** above 5000 rpm. They used a carb kit to clean and replace the jets but the bike had non stock exhaust and the carb kit had too small a main jet. Like someone mantioned I would only have on the spot work done there.

Was your buddy expecting to pay $120 for all the work + parts and labor?

$120 wouldn't even pay for the tire, what was your buddy thinking? And the carb kit was probably $120 too.

Had a break down on the highway and ended up towing the bike to Rosey's.

Ended up needing a new stator.

OTD it was $600 parts and labour and he had it done in 2-3days (delay in receiving parts).

He's a good guy, pretty honest about everything but like others have said usually doesn't go above and beyond. He gets your bike moving through the path of least resistance. In other words he usually doesn't go above and beyond but he does get the job done.

And personally would not trust some of the other people who work there. Ted has got the grungy but honest thing going for him but some of those other folks are a little too grunge with wayyy wayyy too little honesty...

yup, the buyers ive had in the past were more interested in transferring the ownership than its safety. Look cool now, safety later...its the general theme with street riders.

yup, the buyers ive had in the past were more interested in transferring the ownership than its safety. Look cool now, safety later...its the general theme with street riders.

Also, wouldn't the onus be on the shop / person who is writing the safety rather than the person selling the vehicle?

Thats pretty selfish. SAFETY, as the name indicates leads you to believe the bike is SAFE to operate.
The fact that someone would give you a bs safety certificate when buying a bike speaks volume about today's society. I can't say im surprised however, but the fact that another rider would admit to doing this is kinda disgusting.

Anything for a $$$ i guess...

Thats pretty selfish. SAFETY, as the name indicates leads you to believe the bike is SAFE to operate.
The fact that someone would give you a bs safety certificate when buying a bike speaks volume about today's society. I can't say im surprised however, but the fact that another rider would admit to doing this is kinda disgusting.

Anything for a $$$ i guess...

Yea, anything for some $$$. I know people that put their bikes on Kijiji and lie through their teeth about condition and history. I also know a car mechanic that will give you a motorcycle "safety" for $25 without ever seeing the bike.

If these people joined the forum I'd probably give the mods a heads up re: their sales threads, but sadly what can you do beyond that?

I can and have had vehicles safetied without anyone ever even looking at them. I have only ever got a questionable safety for a vehicle i was buying. Never for one i was selling.

Selling a car or bike with a BS safety is misrepresentation. I'd be worried about liability on myself and whoever wrote the safety.

you guys are assuming way too much...i dont include the safety in my price, and i dont do a safety until i get the money to get the safety done (reason being is that safetys do expire, and it has taken me as long as 6 months to sell a bike before). If they have a mechanic they want the bike safetied with, then they pay out of pocket. what usually ends up happening is that they want the thing safetied as fast as possible, so I get the one and only guy i know that does house calls, plus he's cheap (which the buyer is usually fond of). I've never had someone come back to me saying there were issues with a bike that I didnt mention to them before.

I'm just saying, that's the majority of buyers out there, buy now, ask questions later. Usually, their minds are made up before they even talk to the seller. It's not uncommon for people to buy bikes unsafetied either (in which case, they get it safetied themselves after purchase).

say if you hired a general contractor to renovate a house, and he had a painter that does a quick and decent job with good rates, but you wanted to paint the house with your own painter meaning it would cost more but the job was better. I merely reference Ted as an option, I've never forced anyone to use him. But guess who theyre going to choose, Ted who costs $60, or Z1 who costs $100+.

tl;dr, people i've dealt with in the past don't care about their safety. If I actually had a buyer who was anal about these things I'd let them do whatever they want until they were comfortable with buying the bike...okay?

Last edited:
It's still a questionable safety. If you sell it safetied you're implying that it would pass a legitimate safety inspection.

If you don't disclose that Ted doesnt do as thorough a job as other shops you're being misleading.

It's still a questionable safety. If you sell it safetied you're implying that it would pass a legitimate safety inspection.

If you don't disclose that Ted doesnt do as thorough a job as other shops you're being misleading.

I didn't really want to spell it out here, because I don't dislike Ted as I get my tires changed there...

but yes, I have mentioned to the two sellers i've dealt with in the past that he does quick and dirty safety certs, you happy now? I don't do this to keep buyers happy, I do it to cover my own ***.

I didn't really want to spell it out here, because I don't dislike Ted as I get my tires changed there...

but yes, I have mentioned to the two sellers i've dealt with in the past that he does quick and dirty safety certs, you happy now? I don't do this to keep buyers happy, I do it to cover my own ***.

Spell what out? It's been posted on this site many times that Ted is mobile and he will do a 'quick and dirty' safety.

So long as you are upfront with your buyers i think you're fine.

Your Not telling the hole truth to change the lower hose had to remove your after market exhaust installed new hose refilled your coolant ran bike up to temp to find out you had a blown head gasket and also the scratches were already there was it in the rain most likely but rain shouldn't hurt a motorcycle

alright nothing but truth spoken here. i got a quote for the exact same job without the oil change and he wanted 170$ with the part included.
and you gonna tell me i don't know my bike i clean it on a daily basis i know where i have scratches on my bike, and where all the scratches are i took pictures before i droped it off at your place. (Rosie toes) i guess your speaking on behalf of ted.

alright nothing but truth spoken here. i got a quote for the exact same job without the oil change and he wanted 170$ with the part included.
and you gonna tell me i don't know my bike i clean it on a daily basis i know where i have scratches on my bike, and where all the scratches are i took pictures before i droped it off at your place. (Rosie toes) i guess your speaking on behalf of ted.[/QUOTE

I hope you find a repair shop that satisfies your needs and happy riding

Back
Top Bottom