BAD REVIEW "Rosey Toes Motorcycles Inc" | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BAD REVIEW "Rosey Toes Motorcycles Inc"

Agreed but you think those are actually 12 year old tires?

As noted already, the only way to be sure is to check the date code. In any event, your front tire appears to be a dunlop 207, which means in the best case scenario it is a 9 year old tire if memory serves me correct on when this model was discontinued. Regardless of the tread remaining on them, I would junk them.

As noted already, the only way to be sure is to check the date code. In any event, your front tire appears to be a dunlop 207, which means in the best case scenario it is a 9 year old tire if memory serves me correct on when this model was discontinued. Regardless of the tread remaining on them, I would junk them.

alright will do will do, any nice looking tires you could recommend?
like everything else on the bike id like to have a higher end tire if you know what i mean?

like everything else on the bike id like to have a higher end tire if you know what i mean?

In all honesty..

Modern multi compound sport touring tires offer more than sufficient grip for 99.9% of riders on the road and last significantly longer than sport tires.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

I hate to add gas to the fire.. but did you bother to ask them for help getting it off your truck or w.e method u used for transportation? The one time I had to transport my bike there then guy had no problem helping me when I asked him... just saying.

I hate to add gas to the fire.. but did you bother to ask them for help getting it off your truck or w.e method u used for transportation? The one time I had to transport my bike there then guy had no problem helping me when I asked him... just saying.

of course i did

Unfortunately, I don't judge tires by their aesthetics :)

Id go with Caboose's recommendations. Unless you are planning on tracking your bike, you are probably best served by a sport touring tire rather than a "higher end" hypersport tire.

Last edited:
well some people told me that my back tire is "wider" so it will be hard for me to lean when i turn.. been pretty scared to lean since people are telling me this :(

And you still left your bike there after they said they wouldn't help you unload it?

got recommended there... never again.

I use a 200/55 tire on my track bikes. Turned a 2:10 at calabogie with conservative braking.

Just ride the bike. Jeez.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

well some people told me that my back tire is "wider" so it will be hard for me to lean when i turn.. been pretty scared to lean since people are telling me this :(

These people probably don't know what they are talking about.

OP, you should never EXPECT anyone to help you load or unload a bike. Not everyone is as smart and strong as you are, accidents happen more often than you think, resulting both in damage to the vehicles and people.Hence - a lot of shops refuse to help for liability reasons. Next time, bring a friend with you, if you have any.As for pulling the motorcycle into and out of the shop? Why would you need assistance with that?As for wider tires - as per laws of physics, the wider the tire, the more difficult to lean... There's not much argument here. The reason some people on track have them is because they want a larger contact patch while in a lean not because they are "flickable."

Ted is good for tire installs and safeties. Case closed.

What work did your bike require?

OP, you should never EXPECT anyone to help you load or unload a bike. Not everyone is as smart and strong as you are, accidents happen more often than you think, resulting both in damage to the vehicles and people.Hence - a lot of shops refuse to help for liability reasons. Next time, bring a friend with you, if you have any.As for pulling the motorcycle into and out of the shop? Why would you need assistance with that?As for wider tires - as per laws of physics, the wider the tire, the more difficult to lean... There's not much argument here. The reason some people on track have them is because they want a larger contact patch while in a lean not because they are "flickable."

eh, i brought my bike to another shop on Tuesday and i asked where they want me to unload it and the first thing they said was don't lift a inch we will unload for you.
Next thing i didn't ask for assistance to move my bike i asked for assistance to get my bike off of the truck when i brought it there and load it when i left.
also asked not to have my bike in the rain PERIOD. Ted said ya thats no problem. what happens when i get back? water spots all over my bike, Brake disks rusted, scratched on my front and gas tank.

complete turn off, these guys could have made so much money off of me. and even more from other people if they put in these little extra efforts

as for the tire leaning, my back tire is just as wide as any other R1?

What work did your bike require?

Anti Freeze line change, tell me that = 300$? P.S he wanted 400$ i told him he was crazy then he dropped it to 300. still ********.

the line was 35 bucks so i got 265$ in labour?

Ted is good for tire installs and safeties. Case closed.

i wouldn't even say tire installs i would say Safeties only since no one touches your bike hahahaha.

Last edited:
If we knew your tire size we could tell you but most likely it's standard size. Did they flush the coolant as well as change the hose? Which hose was leaking? Either way that's a lot of cash for what was done.

The other half went to Rosey toes on recommendations from this forum. He's certainly well loved here by many. We definitely won't be going back.

As for safety? After seeing how he 'safetied' my bike for sale? I would be hesitant to buy one safetied by him. Easy is right..

The prices have really gone up there in the last 5 years and never leave a bike there without getting a quote. Tell Ted that if the he goes up over the quoted price then to give you a call. My buddy left a bike there for some carb work and a new tire ($120) and it cost him $1000 and the bike ran like **** above 5000 rpm. They used a carb kit to clean and replace the jets but the bike had non stock exhaust and the carb kit had too small a main jet. Like someone mantioned I would only have on the spot work done there.

eh, i brought my bike to another shop on Tuesday and i asked where they want me to unload it and the first thing they said was don't lift a inch we will unload for you.
Next thing i didn't ask for assistance to move my bike i asked for assistance to get my bike off of the truck when i brought it there and load it when i left.
also asked not to have my bike in the rain PERIOD. Ted said ya thats no problem. what happens when i get back? water spots all over my bike, Brake disks rusted, scratched on my front and gas tank.

complete turn off, these guys could have made so much money off of me. and even more from other people if they put in these little extra efforts

as for the tire leaning, my back tire is just as wide as any other R1?

Anti Freeze line change, tell me that = 300$? P.S he wanted 400$ i told him he was crazy then he dropped it to 300. still ********.

the line was 35 bucks so i got 265$ in labour?

i wouldn't even say tire installs i would say Safeties only since no one touches your bike hahahaha.

Your Not telling the hole truth to change the lower hose had to remove your after market exhaust installed new hose refilled your coolant ran bike up to temp to find out you had a blown head gasket and also the scratches were already there was it in the rain most likely but rain shouldn't hurt a motorcycle

Back
Top Bottom