World’s top motorcycle manufacturers to showcase their new models in toronto | GTAMotorcycle.com

World’s top motorcycle manufacturers to showcase their new models in toronto

Paul

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporter
WORLD’S TOP MOTORCYCLE MANUFACTURERS
TO SHOWCASE THEIR NEW MODELS IN TORONTO THIS DECEMBER
TORONTO MOTORCYCLE SHOW IS THE FIRST STOP ON A NATIONAL CROSS-CANADA TOUR

TORONTO (October 15, 2012) – The countdown has begun for Ontario’s biggest motorcycle manufacturers’ showcase of the year, as the Toronto Motorcycle Show returns to the Metro Toronto Convention Centre (South), December 7-9.

In less than two months, hundreds of new 2013 motorcycles, scooters and ATVs from the world’s top manufacturers will be on display, including several Canadian debuts.

In addition to the new bikes, motorcycle enthusiasts can check-out a wide-range of exciting exhibits and features, plus the latest in apparel, accessories and touring destinations – all under one roof, in a space equivalent to three football fields.

The theme of this year’s Show is “Riding Redefined” and it speaks to the on-going evolution of motorcycles and motorcycling, through innovative technologies and designs in the new bikes, riding gear and parts that will be on display during the three-day event.

“The Toronto Motorcycle Show is one of the most anticipated weekends on the bike community’s calendar, and it’s a great opportunity for enthusiasts to experience how the motorcycle industry is redefining riding,” said Show Manager, Neil Fardy. “This year’s edition promises to have something for everyone who’s passionate about the sport. We’ll have a number of features that are exclusive to the Show, including SHE RIDES NIGHT and the Yamaha Riding Academy for kids.”

The Show’s opening night (Friday, December 7) is SHE RIDES NIGHT, a celebration of women who ride or are considering taking up the sport. Admission for all women is half-price after 5pm, with a full evening of entertaining presentations, demonstrations, and other activities that will appeal to women riders. The night also includes deals and treats galore, courtesy of show exhibitors and sponsors.

The Yamaha Riding Academy makes its only Ontario motorcycle show appearance of the season with a free opportunity for kids, aged 6-12, to take a ride on an off-road motorcycle while at the Toronto Show (certain conditions apply). With certified instruction, the latest motocross gear and a 15-minute riding session, children will be safely introduced to the world of off-road riding.

“In the coming weeks, we’ll announce more features and specials that will add value and excitement for those attending this year’s Show,” continued Fardy. “Of course the stars of the Show are the bikes themselves. If fans want to see the official corporate exhibits and the newest models from the best brands in the business, then they’ll want to make plans to join us at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in December.”

Produced by Power Sport Services, the Toronto Motorcycle Show boasts an impressive line-up of manufacturers, including Arctic Cat, BMW Motorrad, Can-Am/BRP, Ducati, Harley-Davidson, Honda, KTM, Piaggio, Polaris, Suzuki, Triumph, Victory and Yamaha.

For Show hours, features, ticket prices and info, visit or call 416-491-4449.

Special discounted advance tickets will soon be available through the website’s online box office.www.torontomotorcycleshow.ca

People can also become part of the Toronto Motorcycle Show’s online community by liking the Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/TorontoMotorcycleShow) and following on Twitter (www.twitter.com/thebikeshows ).

- 30 -
ABOUT POWER SPORT SERVICES

Power Sport Services (PSS) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Motorcycle & Moped Industry Council (MMIC) and the Canadian Off-Highway Vehicle Distributors Council (COHV). PPS owns and produces seven premiere motorcycle and ATV shows held annually in Moncton, Quebec City, Montreal, Toronto, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver.

MEDIA CONTACTS:

Toronto Show Public Relations

Jerry Priddle, Accelerate Marketing & Communications

jerrypriddle@accelmc.com

(905) 554-9491 (office)
(416) 312-9491 (mobile)

I wonder what's the beef between Kawasaki and this show. They are not showing up this year again.

I hope this show is not like previous.

any good deals at this show?
whats better, the January show or this one?
should i buy online or wait for the show?

Noob

Sent from my tablet using my paws

This show is like the autoshow, you get to see the new model of all bikes, but also some stores will bring their store inventory to have a sale. January show is more a flea market type, where dealerships will have bigger representation selling off their last year's, new year's models and used bikes, there will be much bigger selection of gear and accessories for sale from multiple vendors.

Note the topic: "manufacturers", not dealerships.

Hell, I don't think you can even buy bikes there.

How good are the deals for Bikes? and for Gear? I am particularly looking for a race suit.

Would the prices be better or just as good as let say Revzilla online clearance stuff or at Royal's clearance?

With the new 2013 ZX6R, Khuna did a hugh clearance for like $9000 tax in for their 2011, would it be that type of deals? Actually met a guy on a ride who got an R1 last Dec at the show... I forgot to ask how much but he said he wasn't even planning to buy a bike but just decided at the spur of the moment. I guess he is pretty loaded to be able to drop at least $10K on an impulse buy.

油井緋色;1907206 said:
Note the topic: "manufacturers", not dealerships.

Hell, I don't think you can even buy bikes there.

Some manufacturers have dealers on the floor - you can get show specials on 2012 models etc. I know several people who got great deals at the show. You just have to know what you want and how much you want to pay. Do the paperwork etc at the dealership later on.l

Holy smoke, over $1200 off the CBR250 that's like 25% off!!

What about the 600RR?? anything similar?

Holy smoke, over $1200 off the CBR250 that's like 25% off!!

What about the 600RR?? anything similar?
All three of my friends were looking for CBR 250's so that was the only deal I found for them. Never asked about or saw the prices on the 600's :(

Honda makes special deals with certain dealers so be sure to ask EVERY one what their best deal is at the show, they won't all be the same.

-Jamie M.

I guess I missed this one, hope to make it to the next one. Is the January show similar?

"the Toronto Motorcycle Show returns to the Metro Toronto Convention Centre (South), December 7-9."

??

-Jamie M.

Kawasaki has pulled out of this show and instead going to be at the January Supershow.... was announced a while back.... the Dec. Toronto show has fallin badly in the last few years.........

Can I wear my Joe Rocket jacket so people know I ride and will want to be my friend later?

Back
Top Bottom