Quick question for GoPro owners regarding mounts | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Quick question for GoPro owners regarding mounts

Hi all,

I thought I'd revive this thread by asking some questions:

Do the slight contours of the helmets make it difficult to securely fasten the suction mounts? does the surface to which you mount need to be flat? and finally, has anybody had any issues with the suction damaging the clear coat of the helmets over time?

Thanks.

Hi all,

I thought I'd revive this thread by asking some questions:

Do the slight contours of the helmets make it difficult to securely fasten the suction mounts? does the surface to which you mount need to be flat? and finally, has anybody had any issues with the suction damaging the clear coat of the helmets over time?

Thanks.

The GoPro's usually come with flat mounts, and slight curved mounts specifically for helmets.

I have a Ninja300 and have found a few places to put camera mounts. I prefer the RAM mounts because they are very flexible as far as what you can do with them (i.e. mount cameras, phones, GPS, etc). Attached are some images showing the locations...

Mirror mount on handlebar means camera moves with the bars.
unknown-button__scaled_640.jpg

Mounted on chain guard bolt gives a nice view with rear tire in the pic.
ram-swingarm-rwd__scaled_640.jpg

Mounted on custom mirror extender and is fixed with the bike (doesn't move with handlebars)
dscn1619__scaled_640.jpg

I have a Ninja300 and have found a few places to put camera mounts. I prefer the RAM mounts because they are very flexible as far as what you can do with them (i.e. mount cameras, phones, GPS, etc). Attached are some images showing the locations...

Mirror mount on handlebar means camera moves with the bars.
unknown-button__scaled_640.jpg

Mounted on chain guard bolt gives a nice view with rear tire in the pic.
ram-swingarm-rwd__scaled_640.jpg

Mounted on custom mirror extender and is fixed with the bike (doesn't move with handlebars)
dscn1619__scaled_640.jpg
These types of bolt replacing mounts don't come loose and spin over time?

These types of bolt replacing mounts don't come loose and spin over time?

The ones in the handlebar and mirror extender plate are so tight that they won't come loose. I used a belleville washer on the mount in the chain guard to prevent loosening. Thread lock is also good, but I didn't use any.

Back
Top Bottom