Top 10 Sci-Fi films of all time | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Top 10 Sci-Fi films of all time

I know there's a lot of hate for this film but Spielberg's AI was absolutely brilliant.

The in movie footage is sparse, but that's Ministry playing on top of the stage at the flesh fair. Spielberg is a huge fan.

[video=youtube;Kp_iPF0UNzk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp_iPF0UNzk[/video]

Last edited:
I've seen a few Sci Fi lists and I don't know, sometimes I think a franchise like the Terminator movies started as "Sci Fi" but really just ended as "action" movies. And I've seen people list Predator as a top sci fi movie and while it is awesome and a classic, I never really thought of that movie as sci fi. Like a movie like Stargate is sci fi but is easily digestable so it feels more like an action movie however a movie like Event Horizon is straight up evil sci fi.

Honourable mentions: Mad Max 2, original Total Recall, Children of Men, Moon (starring Sam Rockwell), District 9. I also kinda liked Starship Troopers.

Obscure mention: "They Live" starring Rowdy Roddy Piper was low budget and kinda cheesy but was still entertaining for me anyway.

"Starship Troopers" raped the original story. The original was thoughtful and full of political commentary. The movie had....... 'splosions and stuff.

"And who are you, little fella?" :lol:

+1 for Event Horizon.

That one fucks with my noodle.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

"Starship Troopers" raped the original story. The original was thoughtful and full of political commentary. The movie had....... 'splosions and stuff.

The book is dry, even by Heinlein's standards. The movie was stupid.

The book is dry, even by Heinlein's standards. The movie was stupid.

You're talking to a guy who used to read mythology and religion for fun. Heinlein and I get along just fine :lol:

I'm still hoping that someone will eventually by the rights to "Soldier: Ask Not", by Gordon R. Dickson. Done right, it would make one hell of a good movie.

Heinlein and I get along just fine :lol:.

I've read most of his books at least twice. I know I've read Starship Troopers 3 times (3rd as a refresher before that excuse of a movie came out). It is very much a testament on honour, camaraderie, and how a Marine's life is 99% drudgery and 1% terror.

Last edited:
I'm surprised at you people... Some very insightful comments on the thread. You know your sci-fi.

Did anyone already mentioned Robocop by Verhoeven? It has gore, it has action, black humour... The Resurrection was great, but it came with a masculinity problem, an identity problem...

The remake/reboot is coming out next year and I am mildly interested.

I was too until I saw this

robocop-lot.jpg

I'm surprised at you people... Some very insightful comments on the thread. You know your sci-fi.

Did anyone already mentioned Robocop by Verhoeven? It has gore, it has action, black humour... The Resurrection was great, but it came with a masculinity problem, an identity problem...

Weller was interesting casting at the time, for sure. For that reason I'll add "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension" to the all time list :D

Your absolutely right Robocop was a awesome movie and some great lines

I was too until I saw this

robocop-lot.jpg

I really really hope this is not the actual suit. It looks incredibly terrible. He's still got one hand?? Really, whats he need that for? To use touchscreen devices and his iphone? The helmet is also very dorky and the suit looks like a mutant retardation of batman + ironman.

Pretty sure this was being filmed in Toronto & Mississauga

Yep. They were recently filming some scenes in some residential areas here in 'Sauga.

No one has mentioned "Rollerball" yet. The original with James Caan not the remake.

If we're voting on a #1, I am throwing in with " Blade Runner".

For a hoot flick, "Mars Attacks".

Classic cheeseball "Plan 9 from Outer Space".

Another classic B flick is "Forbidden Planet"

Back
Top Bottom