bars | GTAMotorcycle.com

bars

w33z11

what can i do for better control, my bars are in the position they were when i bought the bike

seen some people with the dirt bike bars

open to suggestions :)

there is many different bends available, check out the Renthal web site.
I did a ton of comparing, the first thing you need is the specs for the stock bars

not sure what that means lol
Turn your stock clipons upside down and flip the sides. So left bar goes upside down on right side and vise versa. Also push them out wider. Cheap and easy, good starting point without having to spend any money

Last edited:
some examples
IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

Does pulling the bars out make it more comfortable?

Sent from my tablet using my paws

Does pulling the bars out make it more comfortable?

yes much better on your wrists and back, and also easier to control your stunts...

Most people look it and say it looks weird, then they sit on it and say wow thats comfortable

yes much better on your wrists and back, and also easier to control your stunts...

Most people look it and say it looks weird, then they sit on it and say wow thats comfortable

I never thought about that. Make u wonder why the manufacturer put it at an angle in the first place

I never thought about that. Make u wonder why the manufacturer put it at an angle in the first place

Well you dont want to be doing racing or Tims posing with that riding position....For stunts and cruzing however its more comfortable and manageable.

For track I put my bars back, I still turn them out a little from the stock position

Well you dont want to be doing racing or Tims posing with that riding position....For stunts and cruzing however its more comfortable and manageable.

For track I put my bars back, I still turn them out a little from the stock position

I can care less what ppl think at tim's lol. I tried it out placing my wrist at different angles and i feel a difference. My only concern with riding long distances was my wrist

Thx dude

Sent from my phone using my paws

Turn your stock clipons upside down and flip the sides. So left bar goes upside down on right side and vise versa. Also push them out wider. Cheap and easy, good starting point without having to spend any money

How much higher are the bars in that position?

I have mine turned out a fair bit from stock but not nearly as far as shown in your pics!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Wow I'm going to try this and see if I can further couchifye my street bike.

Lol, i'm trying to put more "touring" in my "sport"

Sent from my phone using my paws

How much higher are the bars in that position?

Its not so much about the height but more so the angle, your OEM clipons angle about 7-9 degrees downward. When you flip them and push them out with the angle of the forks they end up being almost straight. So little or no down angle and less angle inward angle also...

If you hold your hands at an angle like stock bars force you too, your elbows are bent more outward, and that makes you hunch forward. When you put them straighter you loose almost all of the elbow angle and hunch forward much less...It makes for a more upright riding position

If you really want more height without going to dirt bars, you can look into the newer style adjustable height riser clipons..A few or my friends are running them and love them...It just makes the bike look more weird IMO...I have 2 sets that I bought and just havent been able to bring myself to put them on...LOL

Apex_riser_clipons_400.jpg

kierownica-clip-on-51mm-pa9-stunt-works.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom