2013 Ninja 650 ABS - Disapointment! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2013 Ninja 650 ABS - Disapointment!

Re: 2013 Ninja 650 ABS - What a Disappointment!

I bought a 2012 Ninja 650 in 2013 new from the shop floor. I'm having the same problem. I tried putting insulation material under the instrument cluster in a few different configurations. This did not work. The loud vibration is coming from inside the instrument cluster. This is clearly an engineering or production assembly issue. The OEM provider must have inconsistent assembly on the production line or the initial mechanical design is bad. I will take mine apart when I have time and investigate the issue. It may be as simple as adding double stick tape between certain components in the instrument cluster. Anyway whoever has one of these bikes knows the vibration noise is so loud that it ruins the riding experience. I'll try to fix mine and take some pics. If someone has pics already please post them.

although I know it is a different bike & different issue, when I first got my 2014 Honda CBR650F I noticed a lot of buzziness/vibration on the bike between about 6,000rpm-6,800rpm. After riding it over 1000km 90% of it went away as the engine and bike broke in. Not saying your problem is the same, but maybe it will get better as the bike smooths out over time (and makes things rattle less).

I demoed this bike twice. Both bikes were buzzy. It's the nature of this engine. They rubber mounted the pegs and bars, used wider bars with end weights to try and deal with the vibration, but I found it annoying after 20 minutes, and you know with time it will get worse when stuff loosens up. Not Kawasaki ' s best engine.

Back
Top Bottom