dreamcatchers | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

dreamcatchers

Well I can see Korean=Korea

But I am pretty sure there are no American (or of American desent), Canadian(or of Canadian descent), Australian(or of Australian descent)

Huh???

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Huh???

she said the term "Indian" refers to someone from India or of Indian desent

like Canadian or American or Australian refers to someone of Canadian desent.

I'm just sayin they don't exist. I never met a "Canadian" who isn't Irish or Scottish or British etc...

I would hope every other country would know that an INDIAn is someone from INDIA. I'm not sure if they do or not, I just notice that the majority of North Americans I speak to seem to call them Indians. So whenever someone says "Indian" I have to stop and ask if they mean Indian as in from India, or Indian as in Native. Most says Indian as in Native.

It might not seem like it would be considered an insult; but they really really really really don't like it.
It'd be much better to call them either Native Americans or by their tribe name (if you know which tribe they're from.)

OK, how about I tell you that in many languages 'Indian' for people from India and 'Indian' from NA Native people are two different words? For example, in Russian, it's almost the same word, but different by one letter, so it's pronounced differently.

Rutakin, I consider myself Canadian. During the First World War, my Great-uncle was asked for his nationality, and he said Canadian. They said "No, where were you born" and he said Canada. Then they asked about his father's place of birth and he said Canada. After four more generations they gave up and listed him as Canadian. Sure, I have English, Welsh, Scottish, Irish, French and probably some other blood in me, but that doesn't make me British or French any more than a Native North-American is Russian, since that is probably where their orignal ancestors that crossed onto this continent came from.

I'm just sayin they don't exist. I never met a "Canadian" who isn't Irish or Scottish or British etc...

And North American Natives are of Asian descent? What's your point?

Rutakin, I consider myself Canadian. During the First World War, my Great-uncle was asked for his nationality, and he said Canadian. They said "No, where were you born" and he said Canada. Then they asked about his father's place of birth and he said Canada. After four more generations they gave up and listed him as Canadian. Sure, I have English, Welsh, Scottish, Irish, French and probably some other blood in me, but that doesn't make me British or French any more than a Native North-American is Russian, since that is probably where their orignal ancestors that crossed onto this continent came from.

And North American Natives are of Asian descent? What's your point?

well my point to her point... is that when does 4-5 20th generation Canadian of Indian descent become Canadian???

It doesn't matter how many generations you are here, if you not white someone always tells you go back to your country...

Last edited:
well my point to her point... is that when does 4-5 20th generation Canadian of Indian descent become Canadian???

Why isn't a 1st generation Canadian of Indian descent "Canadian"?

What? this doesn't make sense. I immigrated here, but my nationality is Canadian, i have a citizenship card and a passport... Thats what Nationality means...

Why isn't a 1st generation Canadian of Indian descent "Canadian"?

You tell me...

I wasn't born here and I consider myself a "Canadian"....

but again... you always here the go back to your country...

OK, how about I tell you that in many languages 'Indian' for people from India and 'Indian' from NA Native people are two different words? For example, in Russian, it's almost the same word, but different by one letter, so it's pronounced differently.
I was referring to the English language.

Maybe Canadian (and American) wasn't the best example, but it's on the same basis of naming.
BUT, there is Australian descent, and many other places following the same naming scheme. Which was my point.
Sabex is a dude...
Was waiting for someone to chime in with that.

NOW thread back on topic.

You tell me...

I wasn't born here and I consider myself a "Canadian"....

but again... you always here the go back to your country...

Then I'd say you are Canadian.

I'm Canadian because I was born here, you're Canadian because you came here and wanted to be Canadian I presume.

So many countries and cultures were at least partially defined by conquest. Just about every culture at some point took that land from someone else.

384120_10150495141627456_396536288_n.jpg

oh, Bennett. This isn't even one of his best ones

Oh, I know why they call them Indians. But it's just flat out rude and insulting.
People know better now; they know North America is not East Asia.

It's good to know that even our government doesn't care about keeping up with the latest PC crap. Ever hear of The Ministry of Indian and Northern Affairs? And no, they're not talking about Brampton and Northern affairs.

Lol, I grew up in the occupied town of Caledonia, formerly know as just Caledonia and they were always called Natives to us. I don't think that term is appropriate either though, considering they share the closest DNA with a small northern Japanese fishing village. So they are not native to this land either, but they are Japanese.

The Japanese I've met are some of the most industrious and ambitious people I've met, Caledonia 's occupiers don't seem like the Japanese DNA has held up over the years.

LMAO....considering your new ride, you need one of these babies!

Well it happened! Last night at 12:30 am I hear a couple bangs outside, hop outta bed and look out the window just in time to see my Avalanche start up and take off. Called the cops, they ended up chasing them on the 401/403 up to 180km/h before they called it off due to fog...cop told me straight up it's headed to the reserve. Shoulda got a dreamcatcher.

Well it happened! Last night at 12:30 am I hear a couple bangs outside, hop outta bed and look out the window just in time to see my Avalanche start up and take off. Called the cops, they ended up chasing them on the 401/403 up to 180km/h before they called it off due to fog...cop told me straight up it's headed to the reserve. Shoulda got a dreamcatcher.

If they know where it's going, can't they just not show up there? Sorry, don't know anything about reservation laws and rules.

If they know where it's going, can't they just not show up there? Sorry, don't know anything about reservation laws and rules.
From what I remember... you can't do **** to them once they get on the reservation. Don't quote me on that, though.

Around here, a dream catcher is a "car alarm/theft deterrent" of sorts. Especially if you drive a GMC/Chev/Caddy truck or SUV.

haha priceless

Back
Top Bottom