dreamcatchers | GTAMotorcycle.com

dreamcatchers

bunmanchi

Banned
The more i ride around, the more I notice that LOTS of people hang dreamcatchers from their rear-view mirrors.

dreamcatcher_zps582a3cff.jpg

according to those that believe in it, they are used to protect sleeping people from nightmares, or to even change peoples dreams.

who needs protection from dreams while they are driving ? narcoleptics ?

Around here, a dream catcher is a "car alarm/theft deterrent" of sorts. Especially if you drive a GMC/Chev/Caddy truck or SUV.

Damn! Now I really feel old.
FuzzyDice.jpg

Makes sense to me. A lot of people must be asleep while driving. There's no other explanation for the things they do.

Most people who have them, probably don't even know what a dreamcatcher is supposed to be used for. Or the lore behind it...

Like many other objects and symbols, they've become over-commercialized and bastardized, making them now just a pretty piece of cheap, assembly line made plastic with no real value.

And people buy them to hang from their mirror just because "lol le derp look at what i have, apparently le Indians (I would REALLY like to stress: a huge portion of the population does not know the difference between an INDIAN (someone from India) and NATIVES (whom they call Indians for some reason)) invented it le lol derp le herp lol"

I hate society.

Last edited:
Around here, a dream catcher is a "car alarm/theft deterrent" of sorts. Especially if you drive a GMC/Chev/Caddy truck or SUV.

Lol, I came here to post this. I won't post the reason behind it, but you and I both know,lol

Lol, I came here to post this. I won't post the reason behind it, but you and I both know,lol

Both beat me to it, lol. It's also a "write me a ticket for 5 over" if you drive through certain places.

LMAO....considering your new ride, you need one of these babies!

Most people who have them, probably don't even know what a dreamcatcher is supposed to be used for. Or the lore behind it...

Like many other objects and symbols, they've become over-commercialized and bastardized, making them now just a pretty piece of cheap, assembly line made plastic with no real value.

And people buy them to hang from their mirror just because "lol le derp look at what i have, apparently le Indians (I would REALLY like to stress: a huge portion of the population does not know the difference between an INDIAN (someone from India) and NATIVES (whom they call Indians for some reason)) invented it le lol derp le herp lol"

I hate society.

Thank you for noticing.... I grew up in BC went to school with a lot of Natives.... heaven forbid THEY heard you use the term Indian. It was a serious insult. So I got used to calling them Natives.... makes total sense anyways... What else would you call people from India....

Then I move here and I hear Indian in reference to the Natives so often I've stopped being shocked.

But I agree with the dream catcher. Its lost its meaning with modern uses... and not all native cultures use the dream catcher anyways. A friend of mine is a big fan... but she makes all her own which I think should be the way its done. Handmade.

You guys seriously don't know why they have been called 'Indians'?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

You guys seriously don't know why they have been called 'Indians'?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Oh, I know why they call them Indians. But it's just flat out rude and insulting.
People know better now; they know North America is not East Asia.

Oh, I know why they call them Indians. But it's just flat out rude and insulting.
People know better now; they know North America is not East Asia.

So you really think people want to insult North American Natives by calling them Indian IN PRETTY MUCH EVERY COUNTRY outside of NA?

So you really think people want to insult North American Natives by calling them Indian IN PRETTY MUCH EVERY COUNTRY outside of NA?

That's because they get it from movies.... cowboys and indians... when's the last time you seen a movie about the cowboys and natives...

you can always call them "buck" people, that's how some south americans refer to the amazonian natives.

I would hope every other country would know that an INDIAn is someone from INDIA. I'm not sure if they do or not, I just notice that the majority of North Americans I speak to seem to call them Indians. So whenever someone says "Indian" I have to stop and ask if they mean Indian as in from India, or Indian as in Native. Most says Indian as in Native.

It might not seem like it would be considered an insult; but they really really really really don't like it.
It'd be much better to call them either Native Americans or by their tribe name (if you know which tribe they're from.)

LMAO....considering your new ride, you need one of these babies!

I've been thinking about it! LOL, just leave it in the glovebox to hang on the mirror anytime I park anywhere near a 401/403 entrance haha

I would hope every other country would know that an INDIAn is someone from INDIA. I'm not sure if they do or not, I just notice that the majority of North Americans I speak to seem to call them Indians. So whenever someone says "Indian" I have to stop and ask if they mean Indian as in from India, or Indian as in Native. Most says Indian as in Native.

It might not seem like it would be considered an insult; but they really really really really don't like it.
It'd be much better to call them either Native Americans or by their tribe name (if you know which tribe they're from.)

Not all "Indian" are from India...

Not all "Indian" are from India...
The term Indian implies from India (or of Indian descent)
Just like Canadian implies from Canada/of Canadian descent.

American = America
Australian = Australia
Korean = Korea

and many more.

The term Indian implies from India (or of Indian descent)
Just like Canadian implies from Canada/of Canadian descent.

American = America
Australian = Australia
Korean = Korea

and many more.

Well I can see Korean=Korea

But I am pretty sure there are no American (or of American desent), Canadian(or of Canadian descent), Australian(or of Australian descent)

Back
Top Bottom