Problems getting ownership for dirtbike in ontario | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Problems getting ownership for dirtbike in ontario

This is a great thread and should perhaps become a sticky for offroad.
Thanks everyone for sharing your experience and also the helpful info getting this done.

Here is a summary of my experience:
- bought the bike and I used a template for the bill of sale and made sure to include colour pictures of the bike.
- printed the Kijiji original add for the sale of the bike in colour.
- printed a generic affidavit (included all bike details/VIN/Make/Model/Year/Colour/Etc) and signed in front of a notary (Red Seal on Adeliade and Yonge - $55.00). Also included in the content of the affidavit that I went to the Toronto police and confirmed it's not stolen as well as incureance company searches ensure not reports of it being stolen as cluases. Indicated seller has no ownership and he never got one from the previous owner before that.
- went to the MTO with all my docs, paid my tax and they issued me my green plate and brand new ownership (was never registered prior).

FYI, the MTO downtown Toronto is very knowledgable and were able to help me with this and was pretty easy.
Victoria street by Yonge and Adelaide.

Here's a sample of an affidavit , if you write it out like that, every mto office has a commissioner in their office and they notarize it for free

Just wanted to update this thread and confirm that you can get your ownership, provided that the bike is not stolen. With just a detailed bill of sale and affidavit, which is free at this Service Ontario office. I walked in to Service Ontario at 30 Duke Street in Kitchener, and walked out with an ownership in 30 minutes. No problems at all, these guys know what they are doing over at that office. I purchased the bike of off kijiji, no ownership and no previous registration in Ontario.

Ride it like you stole it (y)

This is not supriseing. When redoing my deck I wanted some info on how to interpret the building code. Called three different municipalities to talk with their building inspector and got three different answers.

Back
Top Bottom