Kawi Wednesdays!!! | Page 78 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kawi Wednesdays!!!

I'm out for the season. Crashed the bike on Tuesday due to a left turner at Bayview/Merton. Bike is a total write off. I'm fine, save for some very minor rash and some bruising. I bailed right before the bike hit the car and missed the back end by about a foot, then continued sliding down the road for a while.

My bike took out her rear suspension and spun her around. She was deemed at fault and ticketed at the scene before being brought to hospital with what I was told may have been shock. Middle-aged woman. Her insurance has already admitted liability and will be paying out for current market value of the bike.

Sh!tty end to the season that I started late because I was fixing up the bike from dumping it on an on-ramp last season (almost exactly a year ago). I just hope I get my money back out of the bike at this point. Just finished putting brand new tires on it too, fvck :/

Ride safe out there everyone. Maybe I'll swing by next week in the car to show photos and give a more detailed run-down of the incident.

Mark

Last edited:
jesus man, you two years in a row!
happy to hear you are okay. sucks about the bike, but fixing or buying a new bike is a lot easier than fixing you.
silver lining, at least its the perfect time to be buying.
you have something in mind yet?

Next steed will likely be a ZX14R ABS. Once you have the kind of power and torque mine had, you can't really go backwards to something smaller. I prefer the bigger comfy bikes as well, but don't like the idea of going full tourer and still want sporting capabilities. Not many options besides the 14. Plus I want ABS and traction control. No if ands or buts.

Next steed will likely be a ZX14R ABS. Once you have the kind of power and torque mine had, you can't really go backwards to something smaller. I prefer the bigger comfy bikes as well, but don't like the idea of going full tourer and still want sporting capabilities. Not many options besides the 14. Plus I want ABS and traction control. No if ands or buts.

but...if... :)

I'm out for the season. Crashed the bike on Tuesday due to a left turner at Bayview/Merton. Bike is a total write off. I'm fine, save for some very minor rash and some bruising. I bailed right before the bike hit the car and missed the back end by about a foot, then continued sliding down the road for a while.

My bike took out her rear suspension and spun her around. She was deemed at fault and ticketed at the scene before being brought to hospital with what I was told may have been shock. Middle-aged woman. Her insurance has already admitted liability and will be paying out for current market value of the bike.

Sh!tty end to the season that I started late because I was fixing up the bike from dumping it on an on-ramp last season (almost exactly a year ago). I just hope I get my money back out of the bike at this point. Just finished putting brand new tires on it too, fvck :/

Ride safe out there everyone. Maybe I'll swing by next week in the car to show photos and give a more detailed run-down of the incident.

Mark

Well, that makes two of us. Though my damage is no where near as bad as yours. But mine is just a noob error.

Early morning, cold tires, and a path that was just sprayed with sealant. Rear tire did not agree. Bike came out with a few scratches, and leaked some fluid. Just need to get that checked out. Myself however, came out with a fractured wrist and ankle.

Time to invest into some better gear.

I am glad to hear you are alright xyphur, things could have went a whole lot different.

Well, that makes two of us. Though my damage is no where near as bad as yours. But mine is just a noob error.

Early morning, cold tires, and a path that was just sprayed with sealant. Rear tire did not agree. Bike came out with a few scratches, and leaked some fluid. Just need to get that checked out. Myself however, came out with a fractured wrist and ankle.

I am glad to hear you are alright xyphur, things could have went a whole lot different.
**** man. that sucks. get well soon

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Crap dude, that stinks :/ sorry to hear about the wrist and ankle too. The bike can be repaired, but those two joints are probably two of the worst to have injuries in. I hope that you have a speedy and complete recovery. Be sure to look into physio so you can maximize your range of motion once the fractures heal up, and to limit any lingering pain afterwards.

Thanks also. And yeah, I got off pretty lucky, considering.

Crap dude, that stinks :/ sorry to hear about the wrist and ankle too. The bike can be repaired, but those two joints are probably two of the worst to have injuries in. I hope that you have a speedy and complete recovery. Be sure to look into physio so you can maximize your range of motion once the fractures heal up, and to limit any lingering pain afterwards.

Thanks also. And yeah, I got off pretty lucky, considering.

Yeah the bike is pretty much intact, it didn't want to leave between my legs.

The fracture is actually only on my wrist, typed that wrong. Ankle got badly twisted, but no damage aside from the tissue. The fracture is also not too bad, so I opted out of a cast, and am just in a brace for a few weeks.

Anyone coming out tonight?
I would've come out but it was my birthday. I'm probably going to put the bike away this weekend so unless there's a abnormally warm Wednesday coming up, I'll see you all in the spring.

In light of the nice weather how about we pull this one day ahead? Maybe also a ride over to burrito boyz north for those interested?

Back
Top Bottom