I am looking for information on European motorcycle tour packages. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I am looking for information on European motorcycle tour packages.

My personal suggestion is that you just rent a bike or ship one over, and use knopftours.com .

knopftours takes care of your insurance, shipping (cheap if you care to ride it down to Orlando), rentals, B&B, ride suggestions, local tour of Heidelberg and area, maps, motorcycle maintenance and repairs, etc.

Hanging around their shop will introduce you to quite a variety of other riders who are either just coming in from epic rides, or just getting ready to head out themselves.

--
sadrik

I hoping to do New Zealand next year in November? Anyone done the south island?

Yes, beautiful place. Great winter escape as well. Basically a loop, you circumnavigate the island either clock-wise or the other direction, stopping at all the major sights. You'll need at least a couple of weeks to do it justice without rushing or skipping sights.

We rented from a place called GoTourNZ.com. We chose the self-guided tour (they create your itinerary based on your time and book all your accommodations), but looking back, it's pretty self-explanatory where all the sites are. I'd just rent a bike instead and save the money. One thing to look out for, the accommodations fill up very fast, so pre-book all your places before you hit the road. They are big on B&Bs there, so check that out.

Again, don't book any self-guided tour, save your money and copy their itinerary from our website: http://www.RideDOT.com/nz

Thanks GoTourNZ.com looks great and your trip looked amazing. Thanks very much for the reply.

Doug

My personal suggestion is that you just rent a bike or ship one over, and use knopftours.com .

knopftours takes care of your insurance, shipping (cheap if you care to ride it down to Orlando), rentals, B&B, ride suggestions, local tour of Heidelberg and area, maps, motorcycle maintenance and repairs, etc.

Hanging around their shop will introduce you to quite a variety of other riders who are either just coming in from epic rides, or just getting ready to head out themselves.

--
sadrik

this is brilliant. thank you very much for this!

I've done 5 tours with Edelweiss. They are awesome. They take care of everything and all you have to do is just ride and enjoy. The only weak parts are (1) if you ride with the group, the ride will be tailored to the weakest rider in the group (to avoid accidents) so if you're really skilled you may get bored, (2) if the tour has a large group, you may miss the small stuff - a group of 14 bikes with 18 riders can't stop at the quaint stop for a coffee break - gotta have enough space to park the bikes and be very efficient to handle the size of the group (ordering/serving/paying as well as restroom access). I like to ride slow, take my time, take lots of photo stops and arrive at a reasonable time at the hotel to clean up and have a pleasant dinner - with all the travel hassles addressed. Great for me, but if you want to do it all yourself, don't go with them.

Go with Beach next time, want to ride with a guide, great, don't want to , no sweat, found a rider with similar skills, form your own group. Like to do a little dirt, don't try that with EW, but Rob Beach will give you recommendations.

Yes lots of $$, but you will see more, ride more, eat more, with the right tour.

I have meet people that did others before coming on a Beach tour, and all say they would never go back to the others.

I agree with you on IMT Bikes - I rented a BMW 650GS for two and a half weeks from them in Barcelona; comes with three luggage cases; unlimited KM's; travel anywhere in Europe; roadside assistance; and insurance. Left my luggage with them and packed my almost brand new bike and took off -the wrong way, lol, was too excited I guess. It cost about $100 Euros per day at the time. Rode about 3500 kms - all the way up to the Normandy beaches. I took my own GPS mapped for Europe which I highly recommend unless you are good at navigating roundabouts in foreign languarges! and it maps the photo radar as well, which is everywhere. Has to be much cheaper than a tour for my style, being free to do what I want is, well, what I want! Would definitely rent from them again.

I agree with you on IMT Bikes - I rented a BMW 650GS for two and a half weeks from them in Barcelona; comes with three luggage cases; unlimited KM's; travel anywhere in Europe; roadside assistance; and insurance. Left my luggage with them and packed my almost brand new bike and took off -the wrong way, lol, was too excited I guess. It cost about $100 Euros per day at the time. Rode about 3500 kms - all the way up to the Normandy beaches. I took my own GPS mapped for Europe which I highly recommend unless you are good at navigating roundabouts in foreign languarges! and it maps the photo radar as well, which is everywhere. Has to be much cheaper than a tour for my style, being free to do what I want is, well, what I want! Would definitely rent from them again.

+1 for IMT Bikes. I rented from their Madrid office a couple winters ago, and they were awesome to work with.

Back
Top Bottom