Yamaha Star/VStar Riders roll call... | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha Star/VStar Riders roll call...

I'm in the market now looking for a VStar. Can't decide if I want to go brand new or buy used. Also, can't decide whether 650cc is good or 1100cc is the way to go. Any suggestions welcome.

p.s. I don't want to hijack this thread - all your bikes look amazing! If this warrants its own thread, im happy to start one.

Cheers!

You will find lots of different opinions on GTAM with regards to 1100 vs 650.
I personally picked up 1100 as my first bike and although, to be honest, it took me some time to get used to it, I don't regret my choice.
New vs used ... if you want that brand spanking new feeling and money is not an issue I'd say go for it. :)
BTW... Yamaha doesn't make 1100 anymore, so in your case if it's brand new, its either 650 or 950(?) Or 1300.

Whatever STAR you will get it will be awesome :)

I'm in the market now looking for a VStar. Can't decide if I want to go brand new or buy used. Also, can't decide whether 650cc is good or 1100cc is the way to go. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks kmalek, appreciate the feedback. I'm used to higher cc's - I had a CBR 929RR Fireblade before this. I'm not used to cruisers though so it will definitely take some time to adjust. $$ is always an issue but since I'm looking for a "keeper" bike for the next 4-5 years I think it's worth looking for new too. And yes, if I were to go for new I'd learn more toward the 950 or 1300 for sure.

Cheers!

You will find lots of different opinions on GTAM with regards to 1100 vs 650.
I personally picked up 1100 as my first bike and although, to be honest, it took me some time to get used to it, I don't regret my choice.
New vs used ... if you want that brand spanking new feeling and money is not an issue I'd say go for it. :)
BTW... Yamaha doesn't make 1100 anymore, so in your case if it's brand new, its either 650 or 950(?) Or 1300.

Whatever STAR you will get it will be awesome :)

I'm considering it. Looks very nice - "meaner" in fact. I'll see if I can get a 2012 model or even a 2011 in brand new. I'm trying to stay in the 12k range after taxes, freight and PDI.

If you're going 1300cc, go with the Stryker. ...love mine!

I'm considering it. Looks very nice - "meaner" in fact. I'll see if I can get a 2012 model or even a 2011 in brand new. I'm trying to stay in the 12k range after taxes, freight and PDI.

I got a great deal on my 2012 at Brampton Powersports. Talk to Eduardo. Tell him Thomas with the red Stryker sent you.

Brethren... I finally bought a bike from the Super Show today.

2003 V Star 1100cc Custom with 30k clicks from GP Bikes.

VERY EXCITED!!

dy6ysy8e.jpg

Spring can't get here fast enough!

Howdy!
I just sold my Ninja 250 and bought an 07' 1100 classic...its being shipped up from Texas, 11K on it in miles, its an odd color though, like an olive and white, "liquid silver".

Arrives once I'm back from Vegas next week. I couldnt imagine putting my girl on the back of the 250 even though shes not 100lbs... Hope this bike does the trick...

Anyone have a used luggage rack they want to get rid of? I have the kind that goes in replace of the passenger seat but I am going to be taking a trip with a passenger and won't be able to use that spot for luggage. So I need the one that goes behind the ***** seat.

I just bought a 2007 VStar 650, pick her up Apr 4th!! Just thought I'd say hi. Will post pics when I pick up. Here's the dealer pic in the mean time...

View attachment 31444

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom