Yamaha Star/VStar Riders roll call... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha Star/VStar Riders roll call...

What a great thread. :)

I'm not riding yet, but just recently got my M1 and signed up for the safety course in October. I come from a riding family, Dad rode a Virago 1100 ... For some reason, I can't remember the year. X( Although I was riding passenger, it was the closest I would feel to floating/flying. :) Dad loved it, too. He's a gentleman of shorter stature, so it was a bike he could easily handle. I accompanied him on a number of Rides for Sight and a couple of Friday the 13th Rides on that bike. He sunk some money into it, improving the piston work, 'mod'ing the exhaust, and custom airbrush artwork with the comedy and tragedy faces on a background of sapphire blue, his birthstone. He eventually went full tilt and turned it into the coolest chopper with help of his good fried, Leo. I've got pics, but I'm not on the comp right now ...

My first bike will be a Virago or V-Star 250, starting small and working my way up. I'm a short one, too, so something that'll keep my feet flat is always important. But with the family history and the trust that I had rising passenger on a Virago for 5 hours straight, I don't think I could go wrong.

Seeing the love you folks have for your bikes, I'm pretty sure I can't :)

Need pics please! Gotta show GTAM our Yamaha pride. :)

I've posted it before, but here's a pic of my Stryker...

Ok, here's my '97 1100S Virago
Definitely need to get a better pic!

97-Virago-1100.jpeg

09 Yamaha Raider 7000km. Vances and Hines 2 into 2 big radius, power commander 5, lowered 2 inches, 240 on the back, Zombie skull levers, spike bolts to replace generic hex bolts! Nice bike. Lots of power and great handling!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

My hard bags story is a total disaster :) ......My friend was joking when I was placing the original order that I will not ride with hard bags this season.... so far it looks like he was right :(

That IS an ordeal. But those Tsukayu bags look great.
I'm thinking I might wait until the December bike show and see if there are any good deals on the Hardstreet ones. I'm also concerned that the high exhaust on my Stryker will get in the way of any hard bags.
Be sure to post picks once you get those bags mounted!

Ok, here's my '97 1100S Virago
Definitely need to get a better pic!

Yes... you do need some better pics. But that's one badass 1100. Those leather saddlebags give it some real personality.

09 Yamaha Raider 7000km. Vances and Hines 2 into 2 big radius, power commander 5, lowered 2 inches, 240 on the back, Zombie skull levers, spike bolts to replace generic hex bolts! Nice bike. Lots of power and great handling!!

Okay... Raider, with big radius, skull levers??? ...

Need pics please.
:wave:

Big radius exhaust pipes and yes zombie lever lol. They look like skeleton fingers with a pic of a skull in them
5abavy4u.jpg
. Ill get a pic closer to the levers!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• tapaupload0.jpg
    tapaupload0.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 11
525772.jpg

This is the latest pic of my Star with my new bags

Finally got my bags ... they came with lots of chrome hardware, but I'm still debating if I want to install it or leave it the way it is now.
Here it is ....
a3ere9az.jpg

Those look great. They work well with the lines of the bike. What brand are the bags? And which mounts did you use?

I'm currently riding a 2009 950 VStar. Love the bike. I've rode it to Sturgis last summer and this year we did an Alberta trip to Banff/Jasper area. So far I've added Mustang Seats, Power Commander V, Crash bar, Highway pegs, RoadChrome bags, Backrest and luggage rack, Memphis Shade W/s and lowers. Also have a Cobra Slip-on with Arlen Ness Air box

Attachments

• P6280073.jpg
    P6280073.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 28
  • P8050129.jpg
    P8050129.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Add me to the list also. I got my 2012 VStar 950 about three weeks ago.It was my fiftieth birthday present to me. I've been riding for thirty years or so and have owned few bikes from standard to cruiser to SS to sport-touring and now back to riding a cruiser again. Let me tell you, this bike is amazing. The fit and finish, the sound and the torque. I've only installed a plug for my heated gear so far. IMG_0018.jpg .IMG_0021.jpg

Well, I suppose it's not technically a Star or VStar, but I'm on an '87 Virago 535. It's my first season of riding, my first bike and so far, it's been awesome. Every now and then I see another one of "us" on the road. Hope to make people's acquaintance at some point...
Don't mean to butt in on this thread, but i also ride a Virago 535 1987 (niagara, how are you) we did converse at Virago Tech forum.
Wasn't the Vstar originated from Virago platform?

Back
Top Bottom