Yamaha Star/VStar Riders roll call... | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha Star/VStar Riders roll call...

Raiders are definitely nice rides. I have rode the Vstar 1300 a few times as well as the Roadie 1700, I currently own and I LOVE the roadie. I have found it VERY comfortable and can easily do a 10+ hour day on it, and it has tons of torque and plenty of power. For a large cruiser it is remarkably well balanced and easy to handle. Mine is a 2010, and is a FI bike..

I looked at this site because I am starting to shop for a ride. Getting back to it after 20+ years absence - sorry! I was really inching toward the V Star 1300, but after seeing Nordic Man's and Bohead 's rides, I think I have to rethink this whole thing and go look at the Raiders. What a sharp looking Bike guys!! Is there a Bike for sale section here?

Planning some mods this winter,adding new led taillight.Waiting for Freedom 4"dual exhaust to be delivered.

Exhaust arrived today took about 3 1/2 hrs to install.Very nice chrome,looks like its time for some hard bags.

Last edited:
Hi Peeps
2014 yamaha star bolt r-spec with V&H intake, fuelpak, and exhaust. Would be down for a meet/cruise
Nice bike love the r-spec,cruise will have to wait till spring

Last edited:
I looked at this site because I am starting to shop for a ride. Getting back to it after 20+ years absence - sorry! I was really inching toward the V Star 1300, but after seeing Nordic Man's and Bohead 's rides, I think I have to rethink this whole thing and go look at the Raiders. What a sharp looking Bike guys!! Is there a Bike for sale section here?

Thanks! Raiders are definitely s unique bike. The torque is uncomparable to any other bikes I've ridden. Its an easy bike to ride and surprisingly very nimble considering its size. You can find used Raiders for a very affordable price (under $10k). But as other have said, it really depends what you are looking for. Raiders indeed turn heads when riding through town on pack rides. The one disadvantage is the mileage it gets on premium, but what do you expect with a 1900cc powerplant!

Personally, I would never own anything else. This bike will be with me for a while.

Personally, I would never own anything else. This bike will be with me for a while.[/QUOTE]

I said the same thing nine bikes ago;)

The one disadvantage is the mileage it gets on premium, but what do you expect with a 1900cc powerplant!

I've been running regular in mine and have had no issues the past 2500 or 3k ... the first couple of tanks in the season are always crap. Light comes on at 150km ... but mid season I am getting about 200km before the light comes on (though I really find it depends on how you ride) ...

what type of mileage you getting on your 1900 ?

I've been running regular in mine and have had no issues the past 2500 or 3k ... the first couple of tanks in the season are always crap. Light comes on at 150km ... but mid season I am getting about 200km before the light comes on (though I really find it depends on how you ride) ...

what type of mileage you getting on your 1900 ?

Ah, careful with using regular gas on the 1900. The high compression runs a big risk in Knock/Pre detonation which isn't noticeable by mileage, but you'll just notice when you bust a piston rod or fry a ring.

I have a PCV on my raider and it is tuned with my minor mods so its more about the power curve for me as opposed to mileage. On premium gas I get about 120 miles (American bike) to a tank. Even my super sport on premium gets better mileage haha

Ah, careful with using regular gas on the 1900. The high compression runs a big risk in Knock/Pre detonation which isn't noticeable by mileage, but you'll just notice when you bust a piston rod or fry a ring.

I have a PCV on my raider and it is tuned with my minor mods so its more about the power curve for me as opposed to mileage. On premium gas I get about 120 miles (American bike) to a tank. Even my super sport on premium gets better mileage haha

I haven't found a sticker anywhere saying we have to use premium, does it say that in the manual ? My bike was used and came with no manual.

I have no problems using premium per the manual if that is what is called for but Oakville Yamaha where I got my bike, I asked if I needed premium and they said regular was ok.

I certainly didn't buy this bike for the mileage, it gets CRAPPY *** gas mileage. My former ST1300 was getting 500km / tank before the light comes on haha

Last edited:
I haven't found a sticker anywhere saying we have to use premium, does it say that in the manual ? My bike was used and came with no manual.

I have no problems using manual if that is what is called for but Oakville Yamaha where I got my bike, I asked if I needed premium and they said regular was ok.

I certainly didn't buy this bike for the mileage, it gets CRAPPY *** gas mileage. My former ST1300 was getting 500km / tank before the light comes on haha

Yup, The manual says to use premium. The stryker can use reg, but the 1900 plant required premium. Gotta love air cooled, push rod beasts!!

I definitely don't know too much about the crappy gas milage.. but at least you guys got the power. I'm stuck over here with my sporty wishing for more power.
I stumbled on this video the other day, kinda funny to me because the guy said his exhaust burnt his bags... has this happened to anyone else ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbl8I0irzZU
Of course I guess he replaces the bags with the same ones I got... so thats the cooll factor. ( and how i stumbled on the video )
http://www.vikingbags.com/yamaha-v-star-1100-classic-xvs11a-motorcycle-saddlebags.htm

I definitely don't know too much about the crappy gas milage.. but at least you guys got the power. I'm stuck over here with my sporty wishing for more power.
I stumbled on this video the other day, kinda funny to me because the guy said his exhaust burnt his bags... has this happened to anyone else ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbl8I0irzZU
Of course I guess he replaces the bags with the same ones I got... so thats the cooll factor. ( and how i stumbled on the video )
http://www.vikingbags.com/yamaha-v-star-1100-classic-xvs11a-motorcycle-saddlebags.htm

I have the Yamaha factory quick release backrest so was limited on bag choices since the backrest only seems to use the yamaha quick release factory supports. I have an aftermarket set of supports that I bought that do not fit with my backrest. so with that, i had to buy the factory Yamaha bags.

anyone want a set of aftermarket saddle bag supports ? I used them to try and fit them on with the factory back rest and doesn't work. Say $25 bucks and there's yours, never been on the road, chrome.

Thanks.

Hi guys,
I bought a '12 V Star 950 in the Spring and sold it mid-summer as it just wasn't right for me. But now I've got a few parts kicking around and thought I'd offer them here first before posting them on Kijiji.

I've got a cobra slip-on, exactly the same as pictured. Only looking for $150. In new condition as it was only used for about 1,900kms and is back in the box it came in.
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/c...v-star-950-and-v-star-950-tourer/part/BLV2215

Also have a pair of Yamaha key blanks. I was going to get more keys cut but sold the bike before they showed up. (Took 6 months for them to arrive....F'ing EBay!) Exactly as pictured. These keys are just blanks, they are not chipped. Looking for $5 for the pair. Pick up only.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Red-B...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c71d9c7d2&vxp=mtr

Raiders are definitely nice rides. I have rode the Vstar 1300 a few times as well as the Roadie 1700, I currently own and I LOVE the roadie. I have found it VERY comfortable and can easily do a 10+ hour day on it, and it has tons of torque and plenty of power. For a large cruiser it is remarkably well balanced and easy to handle. Mine is a 2010, and is a FI bike..

Well, after lots of reading in multiple magazines, on line and discussions with trusted friends who know their S&@#t, I purchased a 2010 Stratoliner. Big ride but I am looking forward to those longer trips out of town on our twisty roads. Many thanks to everyone here. I plan to try and return often-not a big computer guy, I like talking face to face. Again, thanks all for your input.

A VERY nice ride. Really light off the stand and very manageable at all speeds. If I had the cash ...

anyone want a set of aftermarket saddle bag supports ? I used them to try and fit them on with the factory back rest and doesn't work. Say $25 bucks and there's yours, never been on the road, chrome.

Are they for a specific bike or are the universal? I may be interested.

Back
Top Bottom