Yamaha Star/VStar Riders roll call... | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha Star/VStar Riders roll call...

Hi, Thursday past I just bought a 2013 V Star 1300 Deluxe. Love the bike. Will be changing the seat though. Will also need to add a quick release sissy bar in order to get my wife to ride with me. The pic is my old ride and the new ride.

View attachment 33167

Sweet baby jeebus, that's a beautiful ride!
Congrats.
I've had great luck with the Parts Unlimited brand seats.

Yesterday I went out for what was to be a short ride and when I looked up I seen a sign that said Algonquin park, I guess I was having a good time! Hope to meet some cruising folks to enjoy the rides with.

We should get the GTAM cruiser crowd together for an afternoon. Show off our rides, share some tips.
Any thoughts on a good central location? Maybe somewhere we can grab some food after?

Hi guys, don't know where else to post this...where do you guys (Vstars) take your bike for service? I've been shopping around many places, many only service sports bikes or have bad reviews...please advise! thanks!

Hi guys, don't know where else to post this...where do you guys (Vstars) take your bike for service? I've been shopping around many places, many only service sports bikes or have bad reviews...please advise! thanks!

I take mine to Oakville Yamaha at 403/QEW and 3rd Line... Can't complain, but keep in mind this is the Yamaha dealer, so prices are most likely a bit higher than private shops.
The other shop I have used is in Mississauga at Central parkway west and Wolfedale... Cycle World West... Can't complain about their service either.

i've only been to two mechanics: pro6 and ted. have gone mostly to ted's place (rosey toes).

5:12

Finally got some pics done, I just started riding this season and found this bike to be a great fit for me - 2006 V-Star 650 Classic.

V-Star 650.JPG

Hey guys, Been a member of GTAM for several years. Just recently a new owner (1 month) of an '08 Raider. Been busy making it "mine". Pipes, Fairing, slam kit etc... But without further delay...pics

Attachments

• nap_raider1.jpg
    nap_raider1.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 56
  • nap_raider2.jpg
    nap_raider2.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 47
Hey guys, Been a member of GTAM for several years. Just recently a new owner (1 month) of an '08 Raider. Been busy making it "mine". Pipes, Fairing, slam kit etc... But without further delay...pics

That's a pretty sweet ride... congrats...

So fellow STAR riders... anyone going to Dover on Friday???
Maybe a group "STAR" ride ???

Bringing this thread back up. To go with kmalek's point I've taken Friday, June 13th off. Any cruiser riders wanna make a group ride to Dover? I'm game. I'm located in Brampton but I can meet up wherever. Lmk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

New member...Vstar 950 Tourer (2013) just love it! nimble in the city, lots of power on the "open road", perfectly balanced for a 6' 1"/210 rider!

Cheers, Toynumber2/ Etobicoke south

New member...Vstar 950 Tourer (2013) just love it! nimble in the city, lots of power on the "open road", perfectly balanced for a 6' 1"/210 rider!

Cheers, Toynumber2/ Etobicoke south

Pics or it never happened. :)

Hi Everyone, I ride a 2008 Vstar 650 Classic, had it for a couple of years (and yes, I love it!), and I've been wanting to get a windshield. Any advice on what brand/type to get that works well with this bike? Thanks!

Here's a picture post-wash from yesterday.

Attachments

• 650.jpg
    650.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 30
Got my M2 two years ago and finally got my first bike. 05 Midnight Custom with 21k. Previous owner has done some upgrades like the Jardine exhaust, tear drop mirrors and some chrome.

Sucks that I gotta wait till Tuesday to get my plates. Can't wait to start riding! Hope to ride with my fellow "stars" soon.

Attachments

• IMG-20140517-00264.jpg
    IMG-20140517-00264.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG-20140517-00263.jpg
    IMG-20140517-00263.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 24
As far as I know my buddy, (Vstar 110), and me (Roadstar 1700), will be going down. Last Oct we met in Bowmanville at 5 am and were in Dover before 9. He comes from Trenton. We prefer to try to get thru GTA traffic before rush hour then stop to eat West of city. We left Dover about 4 I think and got home about 8 for me and about 9 for him.

So fellow STAR riders... anyone going to Dover on Friday???
Maybe a group "STAR" ride ???

Back
Top Bottom