Yamaha Star/VStar Riders roll call... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha Star/VStar Riders roll call...

1304cc

Site Supporter
I'm tired of turning to mainly U.S. sites to chat with other owners of Yamaha Star/VStar cruisers. So please, tell us what you ride, why you love it, and how you've modded it. Have you swapped the exhaust? Added bags? What did you choose? Maybe we can give each other some new ideas.

I'm riding a red 2012 Stryker. It's my dream bike. Other than a drilled exhaust, it's stock. But I'm always hunting for cool mods.

You?

I think there is few of "us" star riders on GTAM...
I personally always liked the look of vstar and that's exactly what I got.
I got the 1100 classic model. This is my first and only bike and I really, really like it.

As for mods, I have added air horn, custom passing lights and USB port for GPS etc.
I also swapped the short windshield with tall Silverado one and added a small leather windshield bag.
I had leather bags on my bike for some time but then sold them and now waiting for hard bags.

That's pretty much all I did to my bike.

It would be awesome to organize a "star" ride one day :)

05 midnight custom. . . .hmmmm. . .
first thing to go was the seat (corbin). Then the pipes (HK strippers; coated black). Then added a hypercharger. Then replaced hypercharger with pod kit. aftermarket bars, pegs, some spikes here and there, fender struts, new signals, think that's about it. Think there's still an older pic on my profile page.

Sometimes I think about dumping it and getting a new ride. . .can't let it go. It's more likely that i'll get a second one and keep this. Just love the look of it; and I'd like to hang on to what's likely my last carbed bike. . it could definitely do with some more top end power though, and while it's easy to find loads of accessories for a Classic; it's actually quite difficult to find some key accessories fitted for the custom. You could easily swap the headlight in the Classic for 101 aftermarket versions. For the custom, you have to replace the bucket. Same deal with the tailights.

But I like the custom. I don't see many of them out there.

Well, I suppose it's not technically a Star or VStar, but I'm on an '87 Virago 535. It's my first season of riding, my first bike and so far, it's been awesome. Every now and then I see another one of "us" on the road. Hope to make people's acquaintance at some point...

Well, I suppose it's not technically a Star or VStar, but I'm on an '87 Virago 535. ...

The Virago is a great place to start, and all Yamaha!
Its my first riing season as well, but I quickly upgraded from a CBR 250R. I just felt like a gorilla on a tricycle.

I know there's a few VStar 950 owners on here... Yes?

My old VStarv 1100 Classic

DSC_0205.jpg

And my current RoadStar 1700

DSCF0011.jpg

Whoa! More pics of that Roadstar please. That rear fender is awesome.

SAM_0494.jpg​My 2010 VStar 1100 Silverado

Last edited:
Kmalek; shot you a PM.

Last edited:
Me also, 1997 Virago 1100S. Loving this bike. It's got a lot of grunt and gets great gas mileage.
Averaging between 55-57 mpg with it. Today it turns over 50,000 kms. I parked at work with 49999.8 this morning.

I have a 2004 vstar 1100 silverado :) Love my baby.

2003 1100 custom Mustang seats, V&H pipes, ORK, Rizmo Forward controls, Tach, Double T Bars, Hypercharger. Love her and a long winding road to nowhere.

Attachments

• D7K_1022.jpg
    D7K_1022.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 38
And this is my monster :)
Still waiting for hard saddlebags and backrest :-(

eqymany6.jpg

Sweet bike! Which saddlebags are you going with? I've been considering shelling out for the Hardstreet slimbags.

My hard bags story is a total disaster :)
At the end of last season I have decided to go with OEM hard bags from Yamaha, even though they were very expensive...
I wanted to get something solid after riding for couple of seasons with leather saddlebags.
I placed an order in April of this year at the Yamaha dealership... shortly after, they found out that the only available color is gloss black, as Yamaha does not make those bags with my bike specific color anymore, and to make it worse the black ones were on back order... oh well, I had no plans for a long trip any time soon, so I decided to keep the order active and wait...
Anyway, long story short, couple of weeks ago I was shown the letter from Yamaha Canada stating that OEM hard bags are no longer available in any color, not even primed... :(
The guys at the dealer did whatever they could to locate the bags at all Canadian and even US Yamaha dealers... no luck.

So, after lots of thinking and reading on the net etc, I have decided to go with Tsukayu Strong Hardbags (http://www.tsukayu.com/Strong.htm)
I'm still waiting for them as I have ordered ones with build in LED lights and that takes about 2 months to arrive :-(

My friend was joking when I was placing the original order that I will not ride with hard bags this season.... so far it looks like he was right :(

Back
Top Bottom