Yamaha Star/VStar Riders roll call... | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha Star/VStar Riders roll call...

Well turns out I had time to finish up today, err yesterday. Just had no time to post. Lol.
rudeqaba.jpg
sabuze5u.jpg

by2amu3y.jpg

My sewing leaves something to be desired but its functional and comfy, luck of the draw that a few have tested it out for me and said the position is perfect. I will be re doing the actual sewing and foam as I think the foam is to soft. Doesn't stiffen up quite enough.

Overall I'm happy with it but again it needs minor improvement.
Total cost. $21 dollars completed.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Finally started the process of getting my motorbike licence after having it on my bucket list for a long time. Just finished my rider training course last weekend and waiting for day 61 to upgrade to my M2. Decided to start small for my first bike - VSTAR 250 my bike.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats!
The Star 250 is a great place to start...very manageable, and super comfortable.
Take it slow, and enjoy the ride!

035a6b1b-01ca-4ac8-a301-6ac51b1f75f6_zpsab3b1fed.jpg~c200
Picked up a 2001 Road Star after riding offroad for 10 years.

Last edited:
Hi guys :) my current bike is a silver '09 Yamaha Raider 1900 with V&H custom pipes & FuelPak controller, forward controls. My wife now drives my previous bike a black '99 Virago 1100 that just recently passed 50K (the bike not the wife :D )

RaiderampVirago.jpg

Sold my Star 950 a few weeks back and in its place are two bikes, one of which is a '04 V-Star 1100; staying in the family!

Won't win any photo-awards for now, but will update with a nicer pic later.

jihrpw.jpg

Well don't know much better the pic is but here it is:

xf5fyt.jpg

Last edited:
Great Thread ... I have been a sport-touring guy for many many years ... but this year I got a Raider 1900 (2010 model in blue) ... don't see many blue ones at all. would love to meet up perhaps at some point if I can squeeze the time in. I want to hear a raider with pipes first hand to see if I want them or not.

Hey Fellow Star Riders! I was a Shadow rider but have moved to the dark side! here's is baby, a 2008 Star Raider. I've done more since these shots were taken. Retro'ed HD Road King saddlebags, PCV, 12" ape hangers, shorty kickstand. So i guess my pics aren't too accurate, but here they are none the less!

Last edited:
Great Thread ... I have been a sport-touring guy for many many years ... but this year I got a Raider 1900 (2010 model in blue) ... don't see many blue ones at all. would love to meet up perhaps at some point if I can squeeze the time in. I want to hear a raider with pipes first hand to see if I want them or not.

Hey Chiller,

I have a set of 3" shotguns on my Raider, you're welcome to hear them any time. I'm also tuned with a PCV so the sound may be a little different, but you'll get the idea. My Riding group loves the sound so they always get me to lead when we ride together.

Which is a testament to nice tone. Traditionally the "Loud" bike gets sent to the back. I picked up another Star the other day as my fun project. A 99 Roadie. Thoughts are replace the rear fender back to stock, Stratoliner wheels & hard bags. Away in storage for the year so we'll have to see what the spring holds.

A bad pic for now.

18dtf5.jpg

Love Raiders and no offence to bohead's ride, but +1 for the blue.

Love Raiders and no offence to bohead's ride, but +1 for the blue.

No offense taken. Personally I LOVE the red raiders out last year, I found the black in my price range. Thinking of doing a wrap to change it up every now and then :p

I think Raiders in general have nicer sounding tones to them (even when loud) compared to all the abnoxious HDs out there.

Which is a testament to nice tone. Traditionally the "Loud" bike gets sent to the back. I picked up another Star the other day as my fun project. A 99 Roadie. Thoughts are replace the rear fender back to stock, Stratoliner wheels & hard bags. Away in storage for the year so we'll have to see what the spring holds.

A bad pic for now.

18dtf5.jpg
Hard bags are definitely the way to go ! Viking Bags has some great ones i'ev been eyeing forever. If you're lucky, you might be able to snag a set for a huge discount on eBay... The hardbags have been popping up periodically. jafrum also has similar soft bags, but i've read some really negative reviews about em.
http://www.vikingbags.com/yamaha-v-star-1300-classic-xvs1300a-motorcycle-saddlebags.htm

I scored a set of black oem silverado hard bags off eBay a couple weeks back. Was going to use them on the V-Star until I grabbed the Roadie. We'll see in the end which one wins and will wear them.

And yes, "Hard bags are definitely the way to go !". If you ever carry electronics there really is little to no substitute.

I looked at this site because I am starting to shop for a ride. Getting back to it after 20+ years absence - sorry! I was really inching toward the V Star 1300, but after seeing Nordic Man's and Bohead 's rides, I think I have to rethink this whole thing and go look at the Raiders. What a sharp looking Bike guys!! Is there a Bike for sale section here?

There is but not too many cruisers find their way there.

The Raider guys can chime in, but depending upon what you are looking for, the V Star 1300 is a great highway/cruise tourer whereas the Raiders lend themselves more for bar-hopping. Of course quite a bit of an upgrade dollar-wise as well.

There is but not too many cruisers find their way there.

The Raider guys can chime in, but depending upon what you are looking for, the V Star 1300 is a great highway/cruise tourer whereas the Raiders lend themselves more for bar-hopping. Of course quite a bit of an upgrade dollar-wise as well.

depends on what you want ... I was going for pure looks and power. There is definitely no replacement for the 1900cc's on the Raider.

Back
Top Bottom