Review of Optimum Performance Products (www.oppracing.com) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Review of Optimum Performance Products (www.oppracing.com)

tricky

Site Supporter
I don't normally do reviews on sites... but my very brief experience with these guys has been a pleasant so I figured I'd get the word out there.

I ordered some new spark plugs this afternoon (long story, but they are a very specific type that have gotten rave reviews for my bike and this was one of the few sites that carried them). I picked FedEx ground shipping because I figured it'd be cheapest, and I'm in no hurry. Less than an hour after placing my order on their site, I get an email:

Hi Travis.

I'm processing your order and thought I better let you know that the FedEx cost for you spark plugs will be $27.50 for your residential area. It's only $14.75 with Canada Post and will arrive a day earlier. Do you want to switch to Canada Post??

Cheers
Wil

I thanked him and agreed, and got this in reply shortly after.

Awesome. I'll switch it to Canada Post and get it on the go. We've missed pick up today as they came a few hrs ago but it'll go out tomorrow for sure.

Cheers
Wil

I've ordered from plenty of sites, and never had any actively try to save me money and contact me so quickly. I'll definitely give them another shot next time I need something for the bike

I had a very different experience with OPP. I ordered two things from them, one of which was my BST carbon wheels. I called them and told them that there were no spacers for the front wheel and asked were there supposed to be. They thought yes. I'm not one of these types of guys who will just make his own or do trial and error on something that could cost me my life.

Two months and five or six conversations later, they send me a package of spacers for the inside of the wheels. Literally, inside - as in, I would have to smash the wheels with a hammer to use them. I had many promises by email and during these conversations that they would get me the parts or information I needed.

So in frustration, I go to gixxer.com and ask if anyone can mic out their spacers so I can have my machinist friend cut me some up... and found out that you can just use the stock spacers, flipped around backwards. I did a test fit, and yes.

No thanks to OPP... I then cancelled my other order with them (6 months old at the time - CMC rotors from BrakeTech, which i never did get from any vendor).

It was a bad experience.

What spark plugs?

I ordered 3 screws for my Lightech gas cap, chose "cheapest shipping option available" then get an invoice with a shipping cost of $26.90!!!!!! I msg them back saying I chose cheapest option and they reply "that's our cheapest option with tracking number". Just to put things into perspective, I've shipped a full exhaust to the US with tracking for $41 and it got there in 5 days.

It's been 3 weeks and still no screws OR even a tracking number. I've msgd them a few times asking for the tracking number or some sort of order status and no replies. I just spoke to someone and they said they ordered something from them and after 3 months of not receiving it, had to file a claim with PayPal.

I will never order from them again, I probably could have got it cheaper and quicker directly from Lightech in Italy!

They've been hit and miss for me. I ordered parts for my lightech rearsets and got them quickly and the shipping was cheap. I recently ordered seat foam, adhesive heat shield, and tank foam (inside the gas tank) which was shipped it from their warehouse in California (didn't know this). $200 later I was surprised at how much foam could cost me.

Back
Top Bottom