chain question | GTAMotorcycle.com

chain question

w33z11

i just ordered a new sprocket for my f4i

right now i have 16/50...doesn't fit my stock chain and i would assume the stock chain might not be the best

does anyone have any recommendations on chain and how many links does it need for a 16/50 set up? above all would anyone suggest i drop in the front? maybe 14/50

advice is much appreciated thanks

i just ordered a new sprocket for my f4i

right now i have 16/50...doesn't fit my stock chain and i would assume the stock chain might not be the best

does anyone have any recommendations on chain and how many links does it need for a 16/50 set up? above all would anyone suggest i drop in the front? maybe 14/50

advice is much appreciated thanks

Just buy a 120 link chain of your choice brand and model, and cut it to the length required when your installing the sprockets

so i did that...who knew putting on a chain would be so hard?

i have another question if anyone can offer advice, i purchased a 14t sprocket for the front, it doesn't exactly fit, its a bit loose actually, has anyone run into this problem? it almost seems as if i need a spacer or washer of some sort..

so i did that...who knew putting on a chain would be so hard?

i have another question if anyone can offer advice, i purchased a 14t sprocket for the front, it doesn't exactly fit, its a bit loose actually, has anyone run into this problem? it almost seems as if i need a spacer or washer of some sort..

How loose and what brand is it? Ive found some to be loose, but too loose isnt good...Honda's use a bolt with a washer to hold on the front sprockets, not a nut so its a little different...Ive never had a Honda one fit loose...

IMG-20120822-00208.jpg
the one on the left is stock ofcourse, the one on the right 14t

the width difference is less than 1mm and when the chain is on it's sturdy but if i put my hand in and wiggle i get a little bit of play.

not sure it has a brand, it came in a ziplock bag lol but i got it from z1

oh and it's a 520 conversion if that helps?

A little play is ok, the question is how much do you have....As the person working on the bike, you have to use your judgement

Aftermarket parts sometimes have less strict tolerance compared to OEM parts...Depending on where it was made that can be ok, or it can be a ****** part made in China thats way off...

A little play is ok, the question is how much do you have....As the person working on the bike, you have to use your judgement

Aftermarket parts sometimes have less strict tolerance compared to OEM parts...Depending on where it was made that can be ok, or it can be a ****** part made in China thats way off...

bike is done and running smooth, thanks alot for all the help

heyy i have a cbr-250 bike but a week ago due to a minor accident i got it damaged but now i am searching a spark plug for it but not getting the suitable for it.
i live at south east america.

do you want us to send you a void cheque and some spark plugs? i can accompany the cheque with my SIN number too

Back
Top Bottom