Another Jackassery video | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Another Jackassery video

Always love your videos and photography work.

Did you ever thought about sending the videos to the police (not sure if they can use it)? You got the plate numbers on almost all of the bad ones.

Did you ever thought about sending the videos to the police (not sure if they can use it)? You got the plate numbers on almost all of the bad ones.

I thought about (and did) send a few links to media. Thought it might do a little more good, where public shaming is involved. Nothing.

I thought about (and did) send a few links to media. Thought it might do a little more good, where public shaming is involved. Nothing.

You'd think with the footage of repeat offenders, they'd at least patrol trouble spots a little more (i.e. the truck that keeps doing the U-Turn so they don't wait for the light)

You'd think with the footage of repeat offenders, they'd at least patrol trouble spots a little more (i.e. the truck that keeps doing the U-Turn so they don't wait for the light)

John Moore, at NewsTalk 1010, said he wants to blog about it.

The truck doing the right turn into a u-turn isn't so bad. He's slowing down and clearly paying attention to the road.

If you've ever been on that ramp from Gardiner east to Lakeshore east, then you know that it is a single lane that, by a sort of general agreement, is treated as a 2 lane ramp by frequent users. This is so that people who are making a right turn aren't stuck behind a long line of cars, that are trying to get to Yonge north. This guy is being an idiot, repetitively, making a wide turn from the right lane. Eventually someone is going to make the right behind him, misinterpret his dangerous actions, and get nailed by him.

Wasn't there a thread about turning right at a light and doing a U turn? It was found that it is perfectly legal. I understand the proper procedure would be to make a complete stop at the red light, turn right, then when safe to do so make a U turn.

Wasn't there a thread about turning right at a light and doing a U turn? It was found that it is perfectly legal. I understand the proper procedure would be to make a complete stop at the red light, turn right, then when safe to do so make a U turn.

Not across 4 lanes of traffic.

nice! hopefully more exposure of this jackassery will help alleviate it.

How then? I don't know a car that could do a U turn from the left lane to the left lane.

How about a 3 point turn? How about NOT DOING IT AT ALL? News flash to idiot in truck: You aren't more important than everyone else. If you were, you'd be Rob Ford.

Then he'd have to cross only two lanes, but two times each! So same difference.

So never do a u-turn?

...or only do it on a motorcycle if the light doesn't change? Are we more important that everyone else?

Leaving, however, a lane on each side for people to pass by in this case.

Never do a u-turn within a short distance from a light. It's bloody dangerous, no matter how you spin it.

If the light doesn't change then, like everyone else, you call if 'defective' and treat it as a four-way stop. No special treatment necessary.

To clarify my position a friend and neighbour spent 6 months in hospital, 2 years in physical therapy, and has permanent debilitating injury due to someone just like the guy in the video thinking that he was making a safe u-turn, close to an intersection. Apparently his first clue to the contrary was my neighbour's car going through the side of his minivan, at about 60 Kmh.

*EDIT* Oh, and in the case of the video there are no mitigating factors. Idiot boy was just being a *********.

Last edited:
Leaving, however, a lane on each side for people to pass by in this case.
So you're saying it's safer to do a 3-point turn while traffic is passing you on either side, than to do a u-turn when traffic is clear???

Never do a u-turn within a short distance from a light. It's bloody dangerous, no matter how you spin it.
Ah I get it now. Didn't see where you were making the distinction before.

To clarify my position a friend and neighbour spent 6 months in hospital, 2 years in physical therapy, and has permanent debilitating injury due to someone just like the guy in the video thinking that he was making a safe u-turn, close to an intersection. Apparently his first clue to the contrary was my neighbour's car going through the side of his minivan, at about 60 Kmh.
People can be clueless even when they're doing a u-turn far from an intersection, where it's easier. So doing it close to an intersection isn't inherently unsafe, it just requires more caution.

Back
Top Bottom