Brampton? Where to live or not to live | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Brampton? Where to live or not to live

I've also never had my belongings stolen out my backyard or my car broken into. I mean, Mississauga doesn't have the world's greatest rep either, but in 30+ years of living here I've never come across these issues....

Do you live with streets on three sides of your house with a main walkway for the neighbourhood to go out to the main intersection right next to your house?

You may not think your car wasn't broken into when in fact it could have been but they didn't make a mess.

I've also never had my belongings stolen out my backyard or my car broken into. I mean, Mississauga doesn't have the world's greatest rep either, but in 30+ years of living here I've never come across these issues....

I've never locked my doors at night. Garage is always locked. Everyone in the hood knows there's thousands of dollars worth of bicycles in it. Never a problem. Cars are usually locked. Nothing's ever been missing if I forget. If I were forced to live in Brampton everything would be double bolted, Garage would be alarmed, I'd have a CCTV surveillance system, and I'd still worry. I have no desire to live like that.

You may not think your car wasn't broken into when in fact it could have been but they didn't make a mess.

And if Spartacus had a Piper Cub to do aerial surveillance on the Roman army's positions he may have defeated them, too. :rolleyes:

straws.jpg

<looks outside> No garbage on the curbs, lawns all look decent, subdivision looks like any other recent mass-production of identihouses. Definitely does not look like a "slum". While it's not Lorne Park (or Castlemore), I can't afford that anyway.

<looks outside> No garbage on the curbs, lawns all look decent, subdivision looks like any other recent mass-production of identihouses. Definitely does not look like a "slum". While it's not Lorne Park (or Castlemore), I can't afford that anyway.

+1 this is what I see in Bram as well. Not sure where all these slums are people are talking about.

Brampton just has a stigma for being ghetto. I grew up in Mississauga and always had a negative opinion about Brampton. I live here now at Williams and Chingcousy and it's the same as Mississauga. My area has lots of construction so maybe that's what people are referring to

Ummmm.....yeah, ok. :rolleyes:

Ok I think I missed something here.
Why are there piss jugs on the side of the road exactly?

Truck drivers are rumoured to have found ways to keep the wheels rolling longer without having to take breaks for certain reasons. This has apparently been prevalent in drivers of a certain background, which I won't mention.

I've only heard rumours of this ... never actually seen it.

Truck drivers are rumoured to have found ways to keep the wheels rolling longer without having to take breaks for certain reasons. This has apparently been prevalent in drivers of a certain background, which I won't mention.

I've only heard rumours of this ... never actually seen it.

What about #2?

What about #2?

I know someone who inspects the frames of used trucks for saftey and yep they do that to. Not to start anything but he says it always from truck driven but a certain race of people. I have not witnesses this with my own eyes, but I really don't think the guy that told me this had any reason to lie about it either.

This is my signature

I've seen piss jugs in northern Ontario so I won't live there either.

LMAO>

Your at Ching/Sandalwood and you think its a nice area?

As i said before as far south as williams pky, using Ching and west all the way north to Sandalwood is a ghetto.
Cops always have 2 per car in the area now, or have a secondary car for most responses in that area.
If you say so...
got stopped at that exact corner twice for expired license plate and the cop was alone both times. (as he drove by me after handing the ticket)
Never heard a single gunshot. Im pretty much looking at Cassie Campbell center from my place.
We have an undisclosed best lawn grass contest happening on our street corner. I guess thats kinda ghetto

I was taking the 407>410 cutoff one day on my bike and noticed something out of the corner of my eye at the bullnose. Stopped to take pics the next day just to document the display of vulgarity. Yep, those are diapers. That's diapers. Plural. I can guarantee you when I leave work Tuesday and come to the first set of lights there will be at least 2 new piss jugs lying by the curb in the center media. I can take pics for you if you want. Then again, a friend who is a truck transmission mechanic in Brampton says the locals drivers have stared bypassing the jug step and cut holes in their floorboards in front of the driver's seats so they can piss straight onto the road. He's supposed to pull the plates on them as it's technically a safety issue.

The side street to the intermodal company behind my work. Take pictures, email to bylaw, they clean it up, a week later it's in the same state. Household garbage from extended families who don't want to pay for the extra bag tags for the additional refuse their households generate, so they dump it into the aquaduct on a side street. Aquaduct. Garbage leaking into the water chain. Now that's what I call civic pride.

2 weeks ago I was sitting in the left lane westbound on Steeles waiting for the light at Mc Laughlin. I was almost past where the left tun lane starts, about 2 feet behind the car in front of me. There was enough room for a bike to squeeze by, but not much more Woman in a little Nisan comes up behind me and goes for the squeeze play, hitting my mirror with her mirror and keeps going. She never made the advance green, and I pull up beside her, tooting my horn and yell (her windows were up) to her she hit my car. She ignored me. When the turn lane started moving I had to pull ahead of her and stick the nose of my car into the turning lane to get her to stop. She got mad at me for scaring her kid strapped into the back seat. Her hitting my car was inconsequential as far as she was concerned. I have hundreds of close call stories just from getting in and out of town on a daily basis.

Anyone who says that is either oblivious or desensitized to the problems.

Wow!!!

If you say so...
got stopped at that exact corner twice for expired license plate and the cop was alone both times. (as he drove by me after handing the ticket)
Never heard a single gunshot. Im pretty much looking at Cassie Campbell center from my place.
We have an undisclosed best lawn grass contest happening on our street corner. I guess thats kinda ghetto

Meh,whatever.

Live where you want. I guess im privied to more information than most of the residents anyways.

Meh,whatever.

Live where you want. I guess im privied to more information than most of the residents anyways.
Since imma move to port credit what should i know of now? :p

Crime rates and "niceness" of an area where normal people can actually afford to live, and do so, complete with kids and teenagers (some of whom inevitably are disrespectful punks), to a ritzy area with huge tree-lined lots and custom built houses where only rich people live ... aren't going to be comparable!

On rides through Port Credit, I've seen just as much sloppy driving from Rich Lawyer in a Mercedes SUV with the phone plastered to the ear, as I have around here from "no speak english" in a beat up Corolla with the phone plastered to the ear ... Different amount of money, but same crap ...

Back
Top Bottom