Brampton? Where to live or not to live | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Brampton? Where to live or not to live

I guess it depends alot on your neighbourhood.
I've lived in Scarboro since 2002. Nobody ever threatened a beat-down on me

That's because your Asian and you know karate :)

So i live in the Chinguacousy and Sandalwood area and have been for the past...4 years?

No gunshots heard, the only thing sketchy that happened was if you left your car door unlocked there was a possibility of getting robbed, but we caught the lil punks and no other problems...

Nice area IMO

We have a street party every year, kid friendly and what not...
We help each other between neighbours and sometimes have them over for dinner ...

Otherwise you can look at the new developments near mississauga rd and williams parkway
or more house are being built near creditview and bovaird...

ugh gta sucks

LMAO>

Your at Ching/Sandalwood and you think its a nice area?

As i said before as far south as williams pky, using Ching and west all the way north to Sandalwood is a ghetto.
Cops always have 2 per car in the area now, or have a secondary car for most responses in that area.

What happened to Brampton?
Why did it turn into a dump?
I can guess why, but god forbid I would be labeled as being racist.

When visible minorities cluster together for common interests it's multiculturism. When whites do the same it's racism.

White immigrants cluster together all of the time. There are huge Polish areas around the GTA. There are also very few Dutch in the GTA -- but you can find a lot of them near Stratford; and Germans near Kitchener.

When visible minorities cluster together for common interests it's multiculturism. When whites do the same it's racism.

My brother-in-law lives at Mavis & Steeles. It's quiet and clean, and the neighbors seem to get along. But I still wouldn't live there. Even if you get past any issues regarding cleanliness and safety, the resale values are lower compared to other 905 communities.

A related funny story... A close buddy of mine was looking to upgrade from a townhouse to a single. He visited the sales office for a MAJOR new home builder in Brampton. The salesman asked where he was living currently. He answers, "in Vaughan...Concord to be exact." The salesman looks confused and says, "my friend, you don't leave Concord to come to Brampton."

Go a bit north to Bolton...Brampton's east and north end is expanding along hwy 50 and its almost at Bolton....

No personal experience but don't some of the insurance threads have Brampton with the highest rates due to a combo of bad drivers and scam artists?

I've lived in the H section for the past 10 years and have never had issues. I've had two bikes stolen out of the backyard and the cars have been broken into a few times, but that happens anywhere. Super kid friendly and I know and talk to many neighbours. I was born and raised in small towns and would move in a heartbeat, but I can't afford it.

As far as driving I have never been in an accident, nor has any of my family here. The only thing I see are yellow light runners and late left turners which I see EVERYWHERE.

The hate for Brampton I really don't understand, but it all seems to come from someone who knows someone kind of thing.

^ Dude. That's not stuff that just happens "anywhere". I'm not laying the blame squarely on Brampton, but in my experience that isn't typical activity in a normal neighbourhood.

Brampton= NO
Mississauga=No
Toronto=Maybe,but still no
Burlington= Maybe
middle of nowhere past all the main cities=Perfect but expensive

Anything west of Hurontario in Mississauga is all good.

OP - Brampton is not a good place unless you need to live there. Its just run down and uneasy on the eye.

.OP - Brampton is not a good place unless you need to live there. Its just run down and uneasy on the eye.

I'll agree with the "have to" part, but that would apply to any urban area in my eyes.

But uneasy on the eyes? I still can't get over how green this city is. There are so many parks and rec centers it's amazing.

I'll agree with the "have to" part, but that would apply to any urban area in my eyes.

But uneasy on the eyes? I still can't get over how green this city is. There are so many parks and rec centers it's amazing.

Agreed. The city doesnt go chinsy on the "green space" .. it isnt called Flowertown for nothing. lol.

Lived in Brampton 25+ years ago and watched it decline slowly over the years. A buddy of mine moved to Ching and Williams Parkway about 7 years ago. 2nd day on the street one kid shoots another dead at the top of his street. Whole area was on lock down for 2 days. No one in or out.

There's still some pockets that are ok. M, J sections. I wouldn't even consider living there ever again. Even though the same house would run you 100K less than Mississauga.

The hate for Brampton I really don't understand, but it all seems to come from someone who knows someone kind of thing.

I was taking the 407>410 cutoff one day on my bike and noticed something out of the corner of my eye at the bullnose. Stopped to take pics the next day just to document the display of vulgarity. Yep, those are diapers. That's diapers. Plural. I can guarantee you when I leave work Tuesday and come to the first set of lights there will be at least 2 new piss jugs lying by the curb in the center media. I can take pics for you if you want. Then again, a friend who is a truck transmission mechanic in Brampton says the locals drivers have stared bypassing the jug step and cut holes in their floorboards in front of the driver's seats so they can piss straight onto the road. He's supposed to pull the plates on them as it's technically a safety issue.

159fcfe6.jpg

65a84253.jpg

The side street to the intermodal company behind my work. Take pictures, email to bylaw, they clean it up, a week later it's in the same state. Household garbage from extended families who don't want to pay for the extra bag tags for the additional refuse their households generate, so they dump it into the aquaduct on a side street. Aquaduct. Garbage leaking into the water chain. Now that's what I call civic pride.

913f40c5.jpg

As far as driving I have never been in an accident, nor has any of my family here.

2 weeks ago I was sitting in the left lane westbound on Steeles waiting for the light at Mc Laughlin. I was almost past where the left tun lane starts, about 2 feet behind the car in front of me. There was enough room for a bike to squeeze by, but not much more Woman in a little Nisan comes up behind me and goes for the squeeze play, hitting my mirror with her mirror and keeps going. She never made the advance green, and I pull up beside her, tooting my horn and yell (her windows were up) to her she hit my car. She ignored me. When the turn lane started moving I had to pull ahead of her and stick the nose of my car into the turning lane to get her to stop. She got mad at me for scaring her kid strapped into the back seat. Her hitting my car was inconsequential as far as she was concerned. I have hundreds of close call stories just from getting in and out of town on a daily basis.

I've lived in the H section for the past 10 years and have never had issues.

Anyone who says that is either oblivious or desensitized to the problems.

Last edited:
Blah bla blah

Anyone who says that is either oblivious or desensitized to the problems.

Everything you said and showed could be any city. I'm NOT saying its perfect, I'm saying it's no different than any other city. There's nice parts and crap parts.

Everything you said and showed could be any city. I'm NOT saying its perfect, I'm saying it's no different than any other city. There's nice parts and crap parts.

I call BS. I don't see diapers and piss jugs on the sides of the roads here. I don't see people dumping their household trash on side streets when they exceed the 2 bag limit here. and People here don't have an "it's only your mirror, who cares?", cavalier attitude about hitting other people's cars when they're driving in town here.

I call BS. I don't see diapers and piss jugs on the sides of the roads here. I don't see people dumping their household trash on side streets when they exceed the 2 bag limit here. and People here don't have an "it's only your mirror, who cares?", cavalier attitude about hitting other people's cars when they're driving in town here.

I've also never had my belongings stolen out my backyard or my car broken into. I mean, Mississauga doesn't have the world's greatest rep either, but in 30+ years of living here I've never come across these issues....

I grew up in the town of Brampton and left there over 25 years ago. It was a great place at one time, now it's just a slum. As others have stated there are pockets that are very nice. Unfortunately to get to those pockets you still have to drive through the rest of the dump. And to top it off red lights in that city are just a suggestion.

If you think Brampton is a dump try living in downtown toronto. The trash that is in downtown toronto far exceeds all of Ontario combined. Just because your cultural norms aren't the same as with an ethnicity that dominates the area doesn't mean it's trash.

I live in Scarborough but work in York region/Richmond Hill. Here most of the kids throw stuff in the trash when they see a trash can. In York Region/Richmond Hill kids throw trash on the ground even if there is a trash can next to them.

Back
Top Bottom