Brampton? Where to live or not to live | GTAMotorcycle.com

Brampton? Where to live or not to live

Fingolfin

Site Supporter
Hello Everyone

Looks like I may be moving to Brampton in the near future. I was wondering if I can get some feedback from some of its local residents! What area's are nice/quite? What area's should I consider very closely before making a move?

I've already decided not to live around the Malton area (no offence meant to anyone whom calls that area home), I don't have any kids and I most likely will not have kids in this house, so really schooling/child friendly is not a priority for me.

As long as its quite and i can sit in my backyard or work in my garage I'm happy!

Thank you in advance for your comments/ feedback!

There are pockets around Brampton that are really nice.

You can avoid anything from Williams Parkway north and Ching to the west.

Also avoid anything near Bramlea south of Queen. I could go on ..

Been working in Brampton for the last 10+ years. The place has turned into a 100 sq. mi. garbage dump. Piss jugs tossed out in the medians at major intersections, wholesale household garbage dumping on industrial side streets. And the drivers? Pulled up beside this Chinese girl at an intersection one morning and she was eating a bowl of cereal. That's right. Driving with a bowl in one hand and a spoon in the other. You couldn't pay me enough money to live there.

Dump.

Only one nice place and its the stretch of Old Brampton along Hurontario, by town center.

There are a couple of nice neighborhoods in the M and N section. Avoid Springdale like the plague.

Brampton= NO
Mississauga=No
Toronto=Maybe,but still no
Burlington= Maybe
middle of nowhere past all the main cities=Perfect but expensive

I lived in the Chingacousy (sp) and Sandalwood area for a few years when the houses were newly built. My sister and her family lived 5 minutes away around the corner. The area looked so nice on the outside, until my sis began to hear gunshots at night and a lady down my street was assaulted and robbed in her driveway (in the middle of the day).

You couldn't pay me enough to live in Brampton.

Lived there about 8 years ago when it was still somewhat decent, i wont even drive thru there now.
That city has turned into the dump hole of southern Ontario, not to mention resale value with take a beating there too.
Head north of 89 if you want some peace and quiet.

Wow so much hate on Brampton. I like living here it's the only real affordable place in the GTA but it is getting expensive

So i live in the Chinguacousy and Sandalwood area and have been for the past...4 years?

No gunshots heard, the only thing sketchy that happened was if you left your car door unlocked there was a possibility of getting robbed, but we caught the lil punks and no other problems...

Nice area IMO

We have a street party every year, kid friendly and what not...
We help each other between neighbours and sometimes have them over for dinner ...

Otherwise you can look at the new developments near mississauga rd and williams parkway
or more house are being built near creditview and bovaird...

ugh gta sucks

Last edited:
What happened to Brampton?
Why did it turn into a dump?
I can guess why, but god forbid I would be labeled as being racist.

What happened to Brampton?
Why did it turn into a dump?
I can guess why, but god forbid I would be labeled as being racist.

'poor' immigrants with large families and little to no interest in maintaining their properties...

It is what it is.

I guess it depends alot on your neighbourhood.
I've lived in Scarboro since 2002. Nobody ever threatened a beat-down on me

Hey there have lived in B town all my life I suggest what back in the day we all called "Bramalea" G section is really nice anything from Queen n 410 going east to airport then north just to bovaird or you run into ..... you know lol M section really nice also H section but older house Good luck

Been in the Ching / Sandalwood area about 9 years. This house was new when I moved in.

No gunshots, neighbors are good, I don't have a problem with it.

I originally bought here because based on where I worked at the time, this was the closest place that was the cheapest. And when I went to the end of my street, that was the end of the built up area. That's about to change, but it's still only going to be one or two km to get to the edge.

If you want to avoid the "stigma" of living in Brampton, you can find a place in Snelgrove that's on the north side of Mayfield and tell yourself that you live in Caledon ... or go a couple minutes west of here and tell yourself that you live in Georgetown.

I hate Brampton. Was born and raised there, moved out a couple years ago and can't stand when I have to go back. You can't drive 5kms without almost getting hit 3 times. I would recommend down town Brampton by Gage park or go north of Mayfield. Caledon village is nice and it's just outside of Brampton

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom