Brampton? Where to live or not to live | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Brampton? Where to live or not to live

My friend worked in Brampton a year ago and used to take the bus. One day, while waiting for the bus at Rutherford and Queen, a local decided he had to #2. Dropped his pants and let it go right outside of the bus stop. Welcome to Brampton.

Edit: He just pulled his pants right back up as toilet paper was not readily available

I witnessed the same thing in etobicoke, for what it's worth.

That is the key. It is bad when you are the one kid that is visually different. Integration (not just substitution which often happens) makes everything better. My wife grew up in Scarberia and felt really uncomfortable when she visited my parents in Cobourg and everyone was white. It's easy for kids to learn that everyone is equal if they have no reason to think otherwise.

Also, when people come from around the world, many bring delicious food that you have never heard of nor got the chance to try :)

Bingo ... so much misunderstanding among so many people who retreat because people from other corners of the world move in ... :-(

As you pointed out, it is easy and great to raise kids race blind.

And you certainly would do that comfortably in other parts of GTA, eh ....

+1 there are idiot kids and/or addicts everywhere. Even in the country, kids drive from house to house looking for open cars. Your odds change a bit based on your postal code, but unless you are locked in a private garage (ie. not a condo garage) your odds are not zero anywhere.

And you certainly would do that comfortably in other parts of GTA, eh ....
Absolutely not. As I wouldn't do it where I live either.

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

I went to high school (North Park) with the Crawford boys, if that rings any bells.
Not sure why, but it does. But also could be my mind playing games with me.

Bingo ... so much misunderstanding among so many people who retreat because people from other corners of the world move in ... :-(

As you pointed out, it is easy and great to raise kids race blind.
I hope I didn't come off as making this a race issue, because it certainly is not.
When I grew up in Etobicoke, my friends were Portuguese, Indian, Jamaican, Filipino and Canadian.
It took me years to even know that because as kids who tf cares?
While living in Brampton I hung out with some Italians, mostly Jamaicans and my best friend, to this day, could be a posterboy for white kids.
My problem with Brampton was that in the 80s many inner city schools were recommending to parents to get their kids to the burbs to leave the gangs behind. The problem is new gangs showed up in Brampton. More gangs than I ever experienced where I grew up. And property value wasn't the same as other places. And I did not see pride of home ownership. These were the reasons that I looked at Mississauga, Oakville and Vaughan.
My family and friends stayed in Brampton. Life would have been easier if I did too, but for me, it wasn't the right choice.
Fwiw, EVERY time a house goes for sale on my bros street he sends me the listing, and at least once, I was tempted. But now that my work moved ~8min drive from my house, I ain't going anywhere.

Maybe not a race issue, but you keep bringing up these relatively silly things, like unlocked car or gangs (btw, I haven not heard of one like in other parts of GTA; perhaps I live in the "wrong" part of Brampton) ... like these would be things unique to Brampton. Just like bad drivers ... LOL ... Anyway, whatever, everyone has their own decision to make.

Maybe not a race issue, but you keep bringing up these relatively silly things, like unlocked car or gangs (btw, I haven not heard of one like in other parts of GTA; perhaps I live in the "wrong" part of Brampton) ... like these would be things unique to Brampton. Just like bad drivers ... LOL ... Anyway, whatever, everyone has their own decision to make.

You havent heard of a gang in brampton ? lmao .. what area are you in ?

There is a strong gang presence in B-town ..

As for someone mentioning taking a **** near the bus stop .. heres two stories to add to that.
Local community centre walked in and guy was shaving his pubes with his junk in the sink, that you wash your hands with ..
Other time found 2 guys washing their underwear in the jacuzzi tub ..

You are welcome ..

Imho increase of property value is not a silly thing. There's a reason why the first 3 rules in buying real estate are: location, location, location.
But again, I would never tell someone not to buy in Brampton, or anywhere else for that matter. I'm just saying that for me in my situation, it's a no.
Now if my marriage goes south and my wife gets the house then I will be back in Brampton....living with my parents lol. You can come over for a beer.
Anyway, wasn't trying to cause a stir, just killing time while I am recovering.
Cheers

Not sure why, but it does. But also could be my mind playing games with me.

You would have seen the name on houses, on both sides of Dixie Road, north of Queen (then Hwy 7). A big chunk of land in that area used to be their family farm. The sons went to school with wallets on chains and dung on their boots, in their Corvettes. (EDIT: That last was for emphasis. Only one had a Corvette)

Last edited:
Was in Brampton Thursday visiting a friend who has a shop in 410+Steeles area. First time I've been there in 3 years since I quit my job there. Still a **** hole, just more ****.

Was in Brampton Thursday visiting a friend who has a shop in 410+Steeles area. First time I've been there in 3 years since I quit my job there. Still a **** hole, just more ****.
Been there done that, brampton is the scarborough of peel.... insurance rates suck... .. ****** infastructure plan they build homes overwhelming areas and congest the roads once unpassable then expand and fix roads also the same with schools and all this while collecting your property taxes full tilt while providing sub par service.
Thank goodness I hightailed it outta there 9 years ago lost 55k at the time just to get out of a new home I had purchased north of bouvaird and ching fortinos. Bought in the summer but when the school year started my 2 boys were the only white kids at the bus stop amongst 15 to 20 other kids.
I didnt like being a minority so Oakville is where I ended up.

Last edited:
Born and raised in Brampton, left at 17 (2010) and only go back to visit my grand-ma. I absolutely hate driving in that city as it seems they give out licences in gumball machines.
Whereabouts?
And funny you mention the license issue, saw something on the news re the line ups at the drive test in Brampton

You would have seen the name on houses, on both sides of Dixie Road, north of Queen (then Hwy 7). A big chunk of land in that area used to be their family farm. The sons went to school with wallets on chains and dung on their boots, in their Corvettes. (EDIT: That last was for emphasis. Only one had a Corvette)

There was lots of landowners getting rich in the area at the time. They'd only stand out to those that actually knew them.

Then the people that owned the land north of Bovaird... When they started building Springdale.

A 150 acre farm just north of Brampton just sold for 97 million!?

Last edited:
There was lots of landowners getting rich in the area at the time. They'd only stand out to those that actually knew them.

Then the people that owned the land north of Bovaird... When they started building Springdale.

A 150 acre farm just north of Brampton just sold for 97 million!?

Trust me, the Two houses along Dixie between Howden and Williams Parkway, with big signs saying "The Crawfords", rather stood out.

I'm currently living in Brampton. I don't really have any issues where I'm living ... I grew in Markham and Mississauga (parents still in 'sauga). Lived in Woodbridge and Richmond Hill as well. I traded up from a townhouse in Richmond Hill to a detach in Brampton for the same amount of money.

I'm in a new build area and construction is going on all around me. The area that I am at (close to Mayfield and Mississauga Road) is about the end of Brampton near the borders of Caledon and Halton. We moved here as a compromise location because its 20 minutes to my parents and 30 minutes to hers. Where'as before we were 15 minutes from her parents and 1 hour to mine. So for kid-babysitting and pickups after school its much easier where we are at now then before.

I read some of the comments on here and perhaps it is more dangerous or shady in other parts of Brampton like any other city in Canada. Toronto has Jane and Finch, etc. and I'm sure Brampton has area's similar. Mississauga has them too. So pointing out a few bad area's as being representative of the entire city is not really a true overview of the city. My area it seems like any other middle class neighborhood in any other part of the GTA I've lived in just cheaper.

There's also a news article about Brampton being the most expensive place to insure a vehicle ? I found that to be untrue in my area. I'm the same driver, have the same car and all we did was move around (3rd move in 5 yrs since I got hitched)... Here's my experience for car insurance (same car, same driver, same record just different postal codes)

Mississauga - $1200 / yr
Woodbridge - $2100 / yr
Richmond Hill - $900 / yr
Brampton - $1100 / yr

OP is welcome to PM me if he wishes to discuss certain area's or particular's...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom